butcherboy 26-Apr-21
Flyfishfreak 27-Apr-21
butcherboy 27-Apr-21
mrelite 27-Apr-21
NM_alazan 30-Apr-21
Flyfishfreak 10-May-21
Tinker 15-May-21
19-Apr-21
So how is the spring turkey hunt going for any of you ? I went out opening day and had an ok time , saw a ton of deer , a few elk and 8 birds . The birds were not really too active call wise, but did see a tom with 6 hens , and then a lone hen . Then tried to go wet a line on the river , but that river was roaring wicked high so the fishing wasn't any good at all...Hope to go back out soon enough..Like to hear how ya'lls hunts went?

23-Apr-21
Huh , no turkey hunters ....Other sites users really chat with eachother , not so much here at Bowsite NM forum...Social media they all hate each other and thats just a waste of time , ah well thats the way it goes...

24-Apr-21
Yeah, the New Mexico site has been pretty dead the last year or so. With two little ones at home, I haven't done any turkey hunting this year. My dad and uncle hit 34 for opening weekend, but ended up getting snowed out.

24-Apr-21
Went first 2 days, didn't see a whole lot, 3 hens and 2 gobblers. Killed one first evening (shotgun), and almost got the 2nd one next morning. Going deaf makes turkey hunting challenging, I barely heard the 2nd one but he ended up getting to within 60 yards before he busted me. I might try one more trip before it closes.

25-Apr-21
I went but didn't bow hunt them, my general deal is to get the first one with the 12 bore then break out the bow but this time I didn't get a bird until the 6th evening and that was the end of the trip. Turkeys were in all my spots but so was a bunch of other people, I've never seen anything like it! so I packed the pack and got away from the hoards of people and ended up having a great chess match with a bunch of stupid birds.............Birds were not gobbling during the day as soon as they were off the roost they went quite, then didn't start talking until an hour before roosting time. I also found lots of hens and no Toms, one flock of hens roosted right by my tipi which was very cool but it sucked trying not to freak them out.

26-Apr-21
I had full intention of going but work got the better of me again. Plus we just picked up a new puppy so there is that to take care of. Lol

27-Apr-21
I hope to get back out a time or two , have now been in 51,6A and man I dont remember a season when the wind literally blew every day.Im trying to pick days in the forcast where there isnt as much wind or on weekends but its been tough.....Hope to go Thursday or Friday ...

27-Apr-21
I don’t think I’ve ever been turkey hunting when the wind didn’t blow. Many times with 40 mph winds

27-Apr-21
I also can't recall many times that the wind wasn't blowing

30-Apr-21
Youth hunt had tons of action (as it has the last three years I've taken my son). Had 5 or 6 toms gobbling and strutting out in the open, 20+ hens and a bunch of jakes, all calling constantly. We stayed on them for two hours of nonstop action, just didn't work out. Seems most years, the peak of the gobbling is already winding down by youth hunt and the rest of us have to wait for that second gobbling peak. This was up north, haven't made it out myself yet.

10-May-21
Well 2021 spring turkey was a fun but very frustrating hunt. I hunted 5 separate days , unit 4 ,6 and 51 , gobbles every day , turkey every day except one. I made every mistake not too , over called on aggressive responding toms, moved too soon , got caught standing up calling . All in all a great season of hard knocks and learning for sure , pretty close 2 times only to grow jack a$$ ears and walk away with and L on my forehead..... Fun fun hunt for sure , just 11 months away from this madness once again... Anyone else have a great season?

15-May-21
I mostly hunted in unit 9. The birds were really quiet, only making noise in the early morning. I never did get one close enough to take a shot. I did see a few though.

• Sitka Gear