ksq232 20-Apr-21
One Arrow 20-Apr-21
Thornton 20-Apr-21
crestedbutte 20-Apr-21
One Arrow 20-Apr-21
sitO 20-Apr-21
One Arrow 20-Apr-21
19-Apr-21
We are out covering plants here is anyone else?

19-Apr-21
Feel bad for those folks that planted gardens and flower beds early and been bragging about how well everything been growing. Supposed to be 35-40 mph wind gusts prior to the freezing rain and snow that crosses most of the state overnight thru Tues. Guess those folks will need to wake up at 3am or 4am to make sure everything is still covered. Oh well, guess they will learn the hard way!

19-Apr-21
I resist the urge to plant every year. Only onions and lettuce until late April for me and I’m south of you guys. I’d be a mid May planter if I lived up that way for sure.

19-Apr-21
Are the deer rutting yet?

19-Apr-21
Yeah they’re in the 6th rut now...

20-Apr-21
We tried covering the wife's flower beds, not sure if weighing down the blankets with rocks worked, the wind played fits with us trying to get it done. My garden will be fine

20-Apr-21
About 3 inches here this am and no wind. Plan to wander around before its gone.

20-Apr-21
I only have onion, radishes, and potatoes that are up. I think they will be ok. Couple of inches here and it is already leaving fast. The turkeys are rutting.

20-Apr-21
I'm in Tampa, pretty nice here ;?)

20-Apr-21
I was looking forward to some apples this year. I debated about trying to cover them and decided the wind isn't going to let that happen. Hopefully the blooms have been on long enough to make them cold hardy.

20-Apr-21
I fear for our wheat. I’m not sure it’s going to get cold enough, but it sure doesn’t make me feel good when it gets this close to a damaging freeze. We have thousands of acres of corn that hasn’t even sprouted in our area, what has emerged will be killed off by morning. Calling for heavy rains as well... none of this is good. Fruit trees are in full bloom.

We actually had some accumulation, but it’s already gone.

20-Apr-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
It was melting rapidly in the timber by the house this morning. Would have been a great day to turkey hunt if I didnt have to work. One of my most memorable hunts was using a creek bottom to sneak up on a big tom opening day some years back after an ice storm.

20-Apr-21
Creek bottom stalks are the best! In 2001 while hunting Wallace County, I used a dry creek bed (that fed into the nearby Smokey Hill River) to sneak up on and harvest a good sized pronghorn buck that had a harem of about 4-5 does. Had to crawl up the bank a few times to peak and determine if I was in range (as I didn't have a range finder back then). Then when eventually in range, I popped up and made the shot.

20-Apr-21
There’s a location on our property we call the “corner of death”. When you glass turkeys in that corner there’s a very high likelihood of filling your tag, but it’s not easy and the water has to be down. I’m guessing I’ve killed between 10-15 toms in that corner.

20-Apr-21
and we've gone from "covering gardens" to the "corner of death"...gotta love the Bowsite!

20-Apr-21
Sorry... when I see a squirrel I usually chase it.

• Sitka Gear