Bow Bullet 26-Apr-21
JohnMC 26-Apr-21
Surfbow 28-Apr-21
Bow Bullet 28-Apr-21
EZ Money 11-May-21
EZ Money 11-May-21
Bow Bullet 11-May-21
24-Apr-21
Hello fellow Bowsiters! I was very fortunate and drew this year's S06 archery bighorn tag for the Pikes Peak Unit. I'm very thankful and beginning to do deeper research. I searched the forum and found two relevant threads, one by wildwilderness and the other by ONLYTHEBOW. I have been in contact with wildwilderness and I've reached out to OTB and hope to hear from him soon.

I will be contacting the Colorado Springs CPW office next week to talk with the biologist and get all the pertinent info I can glean there. Also, I have the CPW kill site reports from 2010 through 2017 so I know the general area where most of the archery rams have been taken.

If anyone has information they'd be willing to share regarding huning the unit, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. Feel free to post here, PM me, or email me at bradwarren27 at gmail.

I have been on Pikes Peak three times in the last couple years and without specifically looking for them, I've seen sheep on two of those three trips. I'm super excited about this hunt and looking forward to November 10th!

Brad

25-Apr-21
Nothing to offer but wish you good luck and enjoy the hunt! I had a ewe tag last year in different unit, can't wait to go again!

25-Apr-21
Thanks oldgoat!

26-Apr-21
I do remember wildwilderness’s recap. Have no advice or insights other than to wish you good luck on your hunt!

26-Apr-21
Thanks Tavis! I don't know if you remember me but we met at last year's Hooters Holiday gathering. We talked about a bunch of stuff including archery elk in 76 and my buddy's moose hunt near Brainard Lake. Hopefully the tradition can resume again this coming holiday season!

26-Apr-21
That should be fun! Nothing like bowhunting sheep!

26-Apr-21
Nice ram in 2019 John! This is a lot of fun already.

26-Apr-21
Thanks - No doubt the preparing for the hunt is a big part of the fun.

28-Apr-21
I believe there's an old thread on HuntTalk about S6

28-Apr-21
Thanks for the tip Surfbow. I'll do some searching over there.

11-May-21
My wife drew the 1st season rifle tag there this year. I will let you know what we see/ find out as we will be there 2 months before you. Good luck Bow bullet

11-May-21
My wife drew the 1st season rifle tag there this year. I will let you know what we see/ find out as we will be there 2 months before you. Good luck Bow bullet

11-May-21
Thanks EZ Money and good luck to your wife. Got my tag in today's mail so it's official! :-)

• Sitka Gear