N8tureBoy 01-May-21
longbeard 01-May-21
nehunter 01-May-21
air leak 02-May-21
nehunter 02-May-21
Toonces 04-May-21
Gene 04-May-21
27-Apr-21
Hope you all get the Big Gobbler you want tomorrow! Good luck. Be safe.

27-Apr-21
Back at ya. I'll only be out until 7:30-8, too much work to get done.

27-Apr-21
Heading down to the fields now to see if any are hanging around.

27-Apr-21
I'm heading to Missouri to visit our daughter, son-in-law and grand daughters, wish you all luck.

28-Apr-21
Alright, it's 5:50 am opening day, who got a big tom? :>)

28-Apr-21
Pretty quiet out here this morning so far

28-Apr-21
Yup, very quiet. The big birds are henned up pretty good the last week or so and not really talking. It will get better next week and later in the mornings once the hens get back on their nests.

Lots of trucks parked everywhere this morning. Had to go to my third spot. Do people even work anymore?? :)

28-Apr-21
I’m stuck at work and I have a party to go to Saturday so no Turkey hunting for me until next weekend

28-Apr-21
Walking back to my truck we had a tom gobble a few times but not interested

28-Apr-21
Didn't even make it out. Alarm at 4:30, then it was 7:30. Not sure what happened to those 3 hours. lol. So, made the wife some goose eggs and venison, then went to work. Anyone hunting afternoons?

29-Apr-21

nehunter's embedded Photo
Guess I should have gone today. First adult to show up this Spring. Early and late afternoon. Hopefully he's still there Friday and Saturday.

30-Apr-21
ne hunter, that thing has an absolute rope! I went yesterday had lots of gobblers around but couldn’t get it done

30-Apr-21
ne hunter, that thing has an absolute rope! I went yesterday had lots of gobblers around but couldn’t get it done

30-Apr-21

Brian M. 's embedded Photo
Brian M. 's embedded Photo
Got out with shotgun to my spot around 5:45am, not a sound until 6:20 in adjoining field, then they gobbled close. I knew there were two, but three came in. Looked for beards, all had them. Swung to my right as they jumped the wall, and an unknown doe was right behind me. Surprised the hell out of me when she blew and ran. Shot one bird, the other two stuck around to beat up on floppy, second barrel took another, no flop, DRT. Third one stuck around while I reloaded, got up, & walked to dead birds 3' apart. Could've tripled, but two birds and shotgun was enough to carry back to truck. Get to truck, 3 more longbeards crossed the road while I still had the two dead ones in my hands. Good morning. My wife isn't thrilled with wild turkey, so two is enough, BUT, that doesn't mean I'm done. lol. Will take the bow the rest of the season just for the challenge.

30-Apr-21
Congrats Brian! It's either feast or whatever that saying is

I talked to the turkey biologist for almost an hour the other day. It was one of the most informative conversations I've had in a long time. Connecticut is going through some big changes with wildlife. The conversation was mostly around the Northwest corner.

30-Apr-21
Can you be more specific? What big changes? Good or bad?

30-Apr-21
Brian, awesome morning! Congrats. I’ve been out twice and not one gobble. Lots of guys out on state land.....

30-Apr-21
Congrats. Wild Birds are tasty.... like it better than butterball

01-May-21
Can't believe how windy it's been all night long. I bet the Bird's have had a tough time hanging on to a limb.

Brian, I'll get into it again soon with what he told me.. Was driving most of the afternoon and checking cameras at dusk last night.

Good luck to anyone who venture's out

01-May-21
It was a very windy morning today. Hit 4 areas and finally struck a gobble at the last spot. (Private) Saw him strutting with hens in a field so I was pinned down. Snuck back to the truck and grabbed my tail fan to try a sneak but after crawling through 2 ft high wet grass, he spooked and left the 3 hens. All I got was wet!

01-May-21
Total turkey-noob here. I went out this am in the wind. Never heard a gobble. As I drove to a different location I saw a lone hen walking by the side of the road so I kept driving and then got out and circled back through the woods hoping to get close to her vicinity but never saw or heard her, or any other birds. Are they less vocal on windy days? Also wondering, does a lone hen mean she has likely already been bred?

01-May-21
N8 yes and yes. But there are always exceptions to everything so keep trying

01-May-21

One of the worst days for turkey hunting. They hate Windy woods, they can't feel safe with everything moving. I worked two different adult Tom's for a long time. Hens would not let them leave. I tried the electronic ear muff's this morning, I heard gobbles that I couldn't hear normally. It was amazing, only downfall is lack of knowing the noise direction.

Doesn't it figure that the wind dies down as soon as Saturday hunting is over.

Sitting by the camp fire now listening to the barred owl's going crazy

02-May-21

air leak's embedded Photo
Hunted Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Wed, I took a dumb 45 yard shot and missed.. Hit the tail feathers.

Thursday, out with my youngest son, I killed a Jake.

Friday, my son kills a Tom right after fly down. Called him in from 150, trotting straight to his Avian decoy. Dropped it at 32 paces. Bird was dead no more than 3-4 minutes after it hit the ground.

The Tom had some busted tail feathers... Same bird that I missed.

Too windy for us yesterday morning, and didn't go out.

I'm retired, and I pick the days to hunt. When I was still working, I went when I had a day off, regardless of the weather.

02-May-21
Congrats!

04-May-21
Nice birds!

Also the side by side adds some class.

04-May-21
My wife and I drove up from Louisiana for a visit with friends and to spend some time with our 4 year old grandson. The trip was timed to include some of turkey season! Opening day I called 3 toms across a field and dropped one with the shotgun. The other 2 started pecking on him and it would have been easy to double up but I passed on that. I have been out 3 more mornings, heard and saw birds each time, and called a few in, got busted by one and had 2 others together that just hung up just out of range. Probably the same 2 that were with the bird I killed. We leave Thursday morning, so if it is not pouring rain, I will get out one more time tomorrow.

• Sitka Gear