Contributors to this thread:
Arrownoob 29-Apr-21
BC 29-Apr-21
Arrownoob 29-Apr-21
Big Dog 29-Apr-21
Jebediah 29-Apr-21
Arrownoob 29-Apr-21
29-Apr-21
Great day in the woods! I went in with a buddy - no bow and no gun. First time hunting without hunting. We had a bird come in must’ve been 20-30 yards it was screaming. Suddenly put put put he was gone. My buddy saw a hen come in and make some noise. We decided to relocate them I heard more calling so we hit the deck. Two hunters came walking up, shotguns in pack, and ogled the decoys. I had to say, “there’s hunters here”. They mumbled something and shuffled off. I wonder if that hen came up and putted being bumped? We went over it 10 times and can’t figure out what happened. Pretty exciting! I went by the spot I’m taking junior on Saturday and there was a nice Tom in strut with a hen.

29-Apr-21
Why didn't you bring a weapon?

29-Apr-21
Saving a tag for my 12 year old!

29-Apr-21
Quite a pucker factor when a hunter stalks your set up. I had to do a lot of waving and whistling to one guy in Vt.

29-Apr-21
Holy cow that would be scary. No way in the world I would try to be subtle about it. Happily shut down that spot for the day in order not to get shot.

29-Apr-21
-we packed up the spot was blown anyway. - I was advised to NOT wave during hunter Ed. Verbally say, “there’s a man here.” And wait for acknowledgement before moving a muscle.

• Sitka Gear