MA-PAdeerslayer 30-Apr-21
Proline 30-Apr-21
DanaC 30-Apr-21
Arrownoob 30-Apr-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 30-Apr-21
Will 01-May-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 01-May-21
30-Apr-21
Run and gun tomorrow or set up dekes and call.....run and gun=shotgun....dekes=bow and camo burlap portable blind.....decisions decisions

30-Apr-21

Lunker's embedded Photo
Lunker's embedded Photo

30-Apr-21
Goin in to replace a stand

30-Apr-21
I have a question about this “run and gun” thing. Or really two questions. First, how fast do you run? I’m wondering if it might be more like jogging. And second, isn’t it kind of unsafe to be running and shooting? Back in my youth we used to hunt rabbits, so I guess we shot while walking, but we sure weren’t running. And I guess a third question is what kind of pattern? Zig zag? Run in a circle? Or just run in a straight line?

30-Apr-21
Hahah. Full sprint. Unloaded of course. And I prefer zig zag

30-Apr-21
I haven’t figured a way to cover much ground In a circle. I don’t usually get to far from the truck and people lp at me weird as they drive by

30-Apr-21
Well, I’ve said on here before that I have tried it, but here in zone 10 with all the setback limitations, it winds up being about a ten-foot circle. You get dizzy pretty fast. Of course you’re not going to fire a gun in any of these tight spots. Ever try drawing your bow while dizzy and running in a circle around your decoy?

30-Apr-21
Haha. I assume the decoy nor the crow flying above is considered unsafe lol

30-Apr-21
Ha Lunker. You and I are from the mold. Three new stands hung. Trimmed and loosened straps on all the others....

30-Apr-21
First Saturday of the season, probably the most guys out there, best odds of some goober shooting your a$$. I'd sit like a mossy ol' rock. Or stay home and wait until Monday, but I'm retired, so...

30-Apr-21
Pro what do you loosen them and then tighten them later?

30-Apr-21
Haha very true Dana. Nice a quiet by me fortunately! Especially during turkey. Plenty chance to get a slug or buckshot in your a$$ during deer season tho lol

01-May-21
I run and gun 100% of the time. If I get a bird going from the truck, and know roughly where he is and the nature of those woods... I bring dekes. For example a few years ago I knew I was calling a bird from open woods across a powerline, so put dekes up. But if I'm just hiking and calling, I generally dont bring them... similarly, if I get a bird gobbling and it's an area with lots of little ridges, walls, pockets of thick stuff... then I tend to skip it and rely on surprise.

01-May-21
No bueno. Cold. Left house in a long sleeve and pants. Bad decision haha. Also superrrrrrr windy

• Sitka Gear