MiguelTheFirst 01-May-21
hickstick 01-May-21
Brooktrout59 01-May-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 01-May-21
Bowhunt3138 01-May-21
spike78 01-May-21
Brooktrout59 01-May-21
30-Apr-21
We went to set up the ground blind and watched it take off like a hovercraft. A good 4-5 feet off the ground levitating! Watched a big tree fall in the wind. I couldn’t roost any birds at all. Way too windy! I did see one in the ground near my target roost tree so I’m pretty sure one is in the area. Good luck to all!

30-Apr-21
Good luck out there tomorrow! Sure was windy out there today. I may not have time to hunt them this year, but I got a great big Tom to gobble at me today when I mouth called at him from my car.

01-May-21

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
Me and jr out. Car drove by with a crow call. Slowed down but didn’t stop cawing like a crow. It drove away 5 seconds later....gobbles

01-May-21

Me and jr out. Car drove by with a crow call. Slowed down but didn’t stop cawing like a crow. It drove away 5 seconds later....gobbles

01-May-21
Good luck in tough conditions for a week straight everyone!

01-May-21
Good luck if you are out. Enjoy it!

01-May-21
Good luck guys!

01-May-21
Good thing I had an extra hoodie in the truck damn it was cold. Wind sucked but heard a gobble assuming it was whitey same spot. He was all around the private but wouldn’t come to state land about 250 yards away. Seems to be the case here in the western end miles of woods but all the game around the houses. Hell I’ve seen more deer this turkey season then deer season last year.

01-May-21
So frustrating jr got cold feet. Literally. 8am we were done. I have the one tag and it’s for him it’s not easy to kiss your Saturday goodbye at 8am!

01-May-21

MiguelTheFirst's embedded Photo
MiguelTheFirst's embedded Photo
Still out, had got out after an appointment for work. On the ground with a bow and still hunting and I found this

01-May-21
Stayed home til 9, ventured out with my leafy suit. Started walking across the farm field yelping... and I heard a gobble on one if the adjacent ridges. Closed distance and set up my gorges seat and dekes. He gobbled a couple more times and then went silent. Nothing else.

Headed home at noon.

01-May-21

Brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Great morning- last Saturday before the regular season here in Maine. Youth day today here in Maine and I am allowed to hunt under my paraplegic license and a special permit. Got this nice Tom and once again had my wife play Bird Dog as I could not reach it in my chair. My first as a Maine resident!!

Neat thing I met a young hunter and his Dad at the check station . Young man's first Turkey and both father and son were 6 feet off the ground. That even more than my Tom made my day!! Brookie

01-May-21
Awesome Brookie!!!! Congrats man!

01-May-21
Congrats brookie !!

01-May-21
Nice Brookie! Forgot you moved to Maine how is it?

01-May-21
Spike- spent most of the winter in FLA but great to be here. What struck me most when we got back was the clear mountain air and the beautiful pine scent. Of course the black flies should be coming shortly. But honestly love it up here!

• Sitka Gear