BC 04-May-21
MA_Bowhunter 04-May-21
Lunker 04-May-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 04-May-21
MA_Bowhunter 04-May-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 04-May-21
Sosso 05-May-21
04-May-21
Had an interesting experience the other day. There is an absentee landowner who has let me hunt his undeveloped ~30-acre property for several years, and he lives two towns over. Private 30 acres in zone 10 is worth its weight in gold. I’d never met him, and this weekend I finally had the chance. What a treat. I stopped at his house (having made an appointment), assuming I’d be there for 5 or 10 minutes, but we spent most of the afternoon talking. This guy was a treasure trove of local history, some of which he described from personal experience. I guess he’s in his 80’s. Really gratifying—there are good people out there for sure.

04-May-21
Jeb, it's uplifting to know people like him are out there.

04-May-21
That's completely awesome Jeb! Hope he lives many more years. It's amazing to talk to folks like that, and learn the history they know and to learn about the experiences they have had. Amazing!

04-May-21
Awesome!!!!

04-May-21
Good on you Webster hope you will hunt that piece for another 20. At least

04-May-21
I lost an old-timer like that about a year ago. I killed many deer on his property and we became good friends over close to twenty years. Every time I sat with him he would rehash WW2 in the South Pacific. My Dad was a Marine and fought there also so it was great getting this first hand history lesson. The only thing is, you had to have at least an hour to kill, haha. Great guy and I'll miss him. Truly the Greatest Generation.

04-May-21
That's awesome Jeb, but you forgot to include the GPS coordinates to this property...

04-May-21
Who's Webster ? I meant Jeb !

04-May-21
F off pi hahahahahahahaha. Those coordinates were private land. I have sign on the driveway not to expect warning shots cuz ammo is scarce hahahah!

04-May-21
Pi, I put those coordinates in my GPS and started driving, but i got hung up T the Mexico border. Are you sure they are right?

:-)

04-May-21
There 100% right. It was my coues deer location pi stole ;)

05-May-21
30 acres in Z10 that you can hunt. Talk about a unicorn.

• Sitka Gear