Z9_MA 06-May-21
Big Dog 06-May-21
Jebediah 06-May-21
Will 06-May-21
Arrownoob 06-May-21
Z9_MA 06-May-21
Lunker 07-May-21
06-May-21
If you don't have one of those apps on your smart phone (or like me, you use a stupid flip phone) you can still look up property ownership on this site. Search a town, zoom in, click on a piece that interests you - like a good-size patch of woods.

Was looking at an area the other day and was surprised how many 'absentee' landowners had acreage there. (Including one well-known private college.) Also useful if you're seeking landowner permission.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=47689963e7bb4007961676ad9fc56ae9

06-May-21
Use that link all the time. Shows up great on an iPad Pro 11. On iPhone 8+, that ‘X’ is a litl tuf to press.

06-May-21
DC, Thanks

06-May-21
That is a great resource particularly for towns that don’t have a town-sponsored GIS/online assessors map, or don’t reveal landowner names (ie for permission-seeking). Also, though, it seems to me that some of the individual online town maps are a little more user-friendly.

06-May-21
It's a great resource Dana. You nailed it on the points you just raised. That's actually one reason I'd rather never hunt a sunday in MA than lose the "unposted = legal" that is state law (yes some towns have local laws that are different). Many areas I hunt in the area you are discussing, have been absentee land owners for decades. heck, I'm in the second half of my 40's and some properties have been in the "same" family for that whole time, and I'm pretty sure not one human from said families have set foot on that land during my life time. It would stink if all of a sudden, land many of us have hunted which functioned as "public" suddenly became "need written permission"...

06-May-21

Arrownoob's Link
Looking at maps is my jam. Download this app it works better on iPhone than the web address for interactive property map. It’s free and you search for “massachusetts” you’ll find the right one. Start search other stuff it’s amazing.

06-May-21

Z9_MA's Link
Nuthin is truly free

07-May-21
Awwwwe

• Sitka Gear