hoppies56 28-May-21
Babysaph 28-May-21
Babysaph 28-May-21
JayD 30-May-21
Jack Whitmrie jr 02-Jun-21
Koog 02-Jun-21
JayD 05-Jun-21
25-May-21
Would like for this post to just be a simple tell us about what the hunting is like in your area. Don’t have to be specific and no need to be sarcastic about it. The reason I am asking this is - I saw in a WV Turkey Hunting page on Facebook- the post was saying how Turkey populations have decline and the season should be shorten and limit reduced.

Now I am sure in some areas it may be like this and not saying the person who posted or those who agreed were wrong. My experiences here in Berkeley County and over most of the Panhandle is that simply is not the case here. I know I am fortunate right now in that this area seems to be blessed with the number of Turkey and Deer. Almost everyday in my travels I see flocks of turkey rather it is Berkeley, Jefferson or Morgan Counties. Same goes with deer - last Fall I think I posted a video that a guy took here not tremendously far from where I live - there were like 19 or 20 different racked bucks running together. On my way home from work about 2 weeks ago - I actually saw a bachelor group of bucks - there were 11 together along rt 901. I see large flocks of Turkey along that same route.

When going to Morgantown I normally see quite a few of both deer and Turkey. When you live in or near such an area it’s hard to believe that in other areas some people are not seeing much game, not saying I don’t believe it - just that when you are blessed I guess it’s easier the forget about times when game wasn’t so plentiful.

Thought it would be an interesting post to see what others are experiencing in their neck of the woods. Looking forward to some of the responses.

25-May-21
I see lots of deer and turkey here too in Jefferson County. Not as much in Pendleton county. Still see lots of turkeys the last few years

25-May-21
I see lots of deer and turkey here too in Jefferson County. Not as much in Pendleton county. Still see lots of turkeys the last few years

27-May-21
Wow JR - guess you and I are the only ones blessed here with an abundance of wildlife! Hope things are well with you!!!!

27-May-21
Going good. Got my eye on some dandy spikes and 4 pointers. Need to cull them out of the herd

28-May-21
As i have said many times Mason county has a good amount of turkey and deer. I dont seen many this time of year due to farmers planting soy beans , corn or cutting hay . Plus i spend a lot of free time on the water in May I have only seen a couple of bucks and who would know this time of year what they will be come August . I know the deer are really tearing up my mineral licks .

28-May-21
Soybeans are coming up here. I have heard some shooting. Can’t let the deer eat the beans lol

28-May-21
Soybeans are coming up here. I have heard some shooting. Can’t let the deer eat the beans lol

30-May-21
Hoppies that is the biggest thing I miss to do here is put out minerals. I use to love to put them out in the Spring and set my cameras up. Now I resort to using licking branch set up for trail cameras. I live in the cwd containment area. Hope the fishing is going well for you!

02-Jun-21
I live in Putnam county and hunt semi urban deer , some parts of county have a lot of deer. Rural land with subdivisions immersed into it. Not so much where I hunt, I don't have enough land to manage the deer. I do manage what I shoot, 8 points or better plus does. I still love bowhunting after 46 years doing it. I put out minerals to get pictures of the bucks in the area. A P&Y buck does slip through the cracks once in a while, I kill one about every 20 years :) I have days I go without a deer sighting, until the deer get rutty. All the land I hunt is forested with hardwoods with exception of 2 food plots I have built. Don't understand why we don't have more deer, only hear less than 5 shots within a mile the first few days of rifle season.

02-Jun-21
Spent most of my adulthood in Ga and SC and that sounds like the norm Jack. And, I thought it was good. I'd hunt every chance I got and if I were lucky I might take one archery deer a year. I bought my place here in WV 10 years ago in Monroe county and I usually have an opportunity every time I hunt. Here in Monroe the land is mostly privately owned and there are plenty of deer and turkey. I try to take a couple does a year and spend the rest of the time waiting on a nice buck (which hasn't happened yet). I get some nice cam pics during August, November, and some in December. Unfortunately I'm usually out west during most of November, but at least I know they're here.

05-Jun-21
I have been hunting with the bow for about 48 years now - I don’t get excited about the opening day of bow season anymore because it’s too hot for me still - but come The last week of October and thru the middle of November - well it’s like Christmas morning each day for me! Just can’t wait to get in the woods and see what’s gonna be under my tree!

• Sitka Gear