tradi-doerr 23-Sep-21
Popeyoung400 23-Sep-21
Seth 23-Sep-21
Treeline 24-Sep-21
Jaquomo 25-Sep-21
Sawdust 25-Sep-21
Firsty 26-Sep-21
27-May-21
Well it finally happened. I drew a 12, 23, 24 Bull moose tag!! 20 years of points. I know the area well and have seen some nice bulls in the past. Season is Sept 12 -30th archery and Oct 1 -14 rifle. If anyone is hunting the area for elk/deer I would always appreciate extra eyes and info. I hope to get videos and do a full write up. Please feel free to hit me up!!

27-May-21
My buddy had the rifle tag there in 2019, it was a fun few days and he killed a nice bull. We got the guys from Trappers Lake Lodge to pack it out for us.

27-May-21
Your season is actually Sept 11-30 for Archery, dont want to miss out on Opening day! lol

28-May-21
Brad! You're right! There's a broken link on cpw that says 2021 season dates but downloads the 2020 brochure!! I can hunt sept 11!

28-May-21
Congrats and good luck!

28-May-21
Congratulations on the tag! Good luck!

29-May-21
You might keep in touch with Trappers Lake Lodge, and Ripple Creek Lodge for info and help packing. Scott

31-May-21

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
I seen this whooper a few time last season

30-Jun-21
Any body hear who drew the unit 26 moose license, first year for that unit

11-Jul-21
Ripple Creek Lodge is a great recommendation. Dan was my neighbor when we lived in Meeker and my dad killed his bull with him.

I harvested the first moose ever taken from the unit and it was the only cow I saw during my bow hunt. I shot her with a large bull and had seen a lot of bulls the entire season. It was one of the tougher hunts for me in Colorado.

11-Jul-21
my understanding concerning Ripple Creek is that they might not be available as they leased an elk property in unit 11 and the whole gang will be there in Sept. I was told they will not be available to pack out my elk this year.

Trappers Lake lodge can only operate in a specific area of those units and where a moose or elk is killed may not be a part of their area of operation.

This moose hunter has mules to use, so he will not need a packer.

11-Jul-21
Thanks Mathewsman, I remember when you drew that tag. I sent pics of some moose to you that year with their location. Dan is a great guy, I have trail cam pics of his crew last year with their moose hunter and some nice bulls. He reached out as well and I'll definitely keep him in mind. I'm lucky that I do have mules to use and know the area well. Of course if anyone wants to share info I'm happy to have it!

05-Aug-21
You May want to go North from Sweetwater Lake A.J. Brinks outfitter service. I have Elk hunted up near Deep Lake many times and have seen Cows, calves, and Bulls glassing down toward Sweetwater Lake. The guides at Brinks call the area Ass Out. Hope this helps.

06-Aug-21
Paul, did you draw a moose tag? Scott

06-Aug-21
Scott, no I did not. "This moose hunter" I was referring to the op who has mules to use in packing. Moose tag for me? Not in my lifetime. :(

07-Aug-21
I feel your pain

19-Aug-21

Well-Strung's embedded Photo
Found this one and he was willing to hang out with me.. but still looking for the big ones. 3 cameras only caught cows and calves. Keeping at it.

19-Aug-21
Hmmm, not sure I would want to go with an outfitter that does anything "Ass Out"... :-)

22-Sep-21
Thanks all, I filled my tag. If anyone ever needs help on moose in the Flattops let me know!! I got tons of info.

23-Sep-21
Congratulations!! Where's the pics?

23-Sep-21

Disclaimer * a dirty smokepole was used. If you're sensitive look away. 20 yard shot, 45" wide

23-Sep-21
Congrats. Great bull. I had to look away but then quickly looked back. :^0

23-Sep-21
Great Bull

23-Sep-21
Congrats Great Bull! Don't much care what you used.

23-Sep-21
Very nice bull. Congrats!

23-Sep-21
What a satisfying way to finish up a OIL opportunity!

24-Sep-21
Excellent! Beautiful bull! Congratulations!

25-Sep-21
Beautiful bull, Robert!

25-Sep-21
Nice, congratulations

26-Sep-21
Nice!

• Sitka Gear