Rut Nut 25-Jun-23
Teeton 26-Jun-23
toneyginder 29-Jun-23
Rut Nut 29-Jun-23
Teeton 08-Jul-23
Jethro 08-Jul-23
Rut Nut 08-Jul-23
06-Jun-21
I'm going to hunt New York State, the area I'll be hunting is just west of the Catskills or north of Hancock Ny. Hancock sits right on the Delaware river, just over the Pa border in the very northeast corner of Pa. The area of Ny will be Delaware County, hunting zone 4o.

Well I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in possibly joining me. Here are some of the details, we would be hunting public land. Some of this area we would hunt you would have to get a free no cost access permit to hunt. I'm guessing this permit would allow you to hunt about 10000 acres. With other public lands in this area you could add about another 20000 acres, the biggest whole piece is 9000 acres..

My plan is to scout it out before the season opens to familiarize our self's with the land/area. We would use my Rv for a place to stay why we would be scouting and hunting. I would like to hunt a fair amount of Sundays and even few Saturday and Sundays and maybe one Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We would go up the night before to hunt. Looking for someone that has a good amount of experience, as I'm not looking to hold anyone's hand. If we got game down we would work as a team to retrieve it. Also we would help each other out if need to place a stand or two.

Non-resident License cost is $100 for your general and then $30 archery stamp. This would be good for a buck or doe, bear and small game. You can also put in for doe tags, now these are draw.

If anyone's interested would like to know more, post your question or pm me. ED

07-Jun-21
If I lived a bit closer to you...

07-Jun-21
I'd consider it Ed, but unfortunately NY State doesn;t allow me to carry a pistol legally in the state and I won;t go into the woods without my Judge................................... ;-)

07-Jun-21
I am in SW part of PA or i would be interested. NY license is way cheaper than ohio.

07-Jun-21
Thanks guys, yes the way I'm planning on hunting weekends, someone most likely would have to live closer to me. These places are about an hour to 1.5 hours from my house.

If I'm understanding the Ny licensing system correctly. You can take a buck in archery season and then another buck in the rifle season, on that $130 license. Also I'm not new to this area, as I've hunt it in the past. I'm just new to the areas that you need the access permit for.

Ok, I got to ask, Nut why do you need a gun? I'm not even sure you can carry a gun in archery season in Ny, but that's a I don't know if you can or can't????? I remember when you couldn't carry one in Pa in archery season. Ed

07-Jun-21
Ed- I’ve had a concealed carry permit for years and have been carrying for so long that I feel “naked” when I’m not! So therefore I try to do all my outdoor activities in states that honor my CCW. Doesn’t matter if I am fishing, hunting, camping or backpacking....................

I got a NJ license several years ago and felt weird out in the woods with nothing but my bow and hunting knife! And I have had some close calls in PA where I thought I was gonna have to shoot a bear- luckily I didn’t have to, but it very easily could have gone the other way! : (

09-Jun-21
i'm south central pa

would be fun man! but i have a lot on plate this year as it is or i'd hang out maybe nxt yr

10-Jun-21
Man, id freakin love to. Wrong part of the state, im down with pyrannah

11-Jun-21
Theirs just not a lot of hard core bowhunters around where I live. All the guys I used to hunt with that were once into bowhunting, now are just casual bowhunters. So I have to look this way.

I had two guy last year say they wanted to hunt Ny, but come March 2020 I called then to ask about going up to do some scouting neither one said they had the time to scout. Now that was all part (scouting) of our plan before hand about NY. Here's the good part, one called me in the fall asking if I still planned hunting Ny. I'm guessing he thought I did the scouting and now wanted to go. No'op not going to happen. I'll hunt myself before I would hunt with someone after that.

I got some fields to cut this weekend, so if I get time I may go up just to drive around the area, to do some road scouting and to familiarize myself with the area.. Take notes and then plan on few places to put boots on the ground and maybe a camera or two. Luckily the area I most want to check out is only about 45 miles (about an hour) from my house. Its also a very nice country drive. Hopefully if I get up I'll get some pictures of the area and post some. Everyone have a great weekend. Ed

11-Jun-21
Good luck Ed. Hope it works out great for you

14-Jun-21
Thanks SIP, I got up Sunday to just do some drive by scouting, just to see what areas looked good. I spent about 4 hours driving around. Found quite a few areas, but two kinda stood out in my mined.

18-May-23
License is $100, includes small game, buck tag and bear tag. You'd need archery stamp for $30. No clue on doe tags, i never get one.

19-Jun-23
LOL!!

19-Jun-23
Bowbender, aka Thomas,, your still p'ed off, because I shot you down that night. I told you I'm a arrow kinda guy and all you got is a little bolt. :)

19-Jun-23
LMBO! : )

20-Jun-23
Phil, your taking all the fun out of bowsite. no one's going to understand the comments. :(

21-Jun-23
Really? No, really? Howz about a PM, Phil? NOTHING I posted crossed the line. SMDH...

23-Jun-23

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
OUCH!! New ball joint in my right knee. Well hopefully if the other don't need to be done. I'll be just the 3.5 million dollar bowhunter come this fall, 7 million if both. Thoses under 35 probably don't understand my comment on the 7 million dollar bowhunter.

24-Jun-23
Hope you heal up quick Ed! And are you sure it’s only 3.5 million? I think inflation has increased way more than 15% since the 70’s............ ;-)

24-Jun-23
Well rut I'm sure your right. But if i use another figure no one would of know what the hell I was talking about. Im pretty sure every one under 35 don't know what I'm talking about and that poster wow!!! :)

24-Jun-23
Did the doctors make you better than you were? Better? Stronger? Faster? I guess you’ll find out in the coming weeks..................... ;-)

24-Jun-23
I sure hope so. How about that poster?

25-Jun-23

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

26-Jun-23
Oh no, Snake Bite, thats not the poster I was talking about.

Did you make the Scranton shoot? I had so much to do before my knee operation, I only made it down there for the evening dinner and band. Not trying to stir the pot but, i sat and ate with a bunch of shooter and a vendor. They said the only xbow they saw was the one a vendor had. Saw no one on course shooting one, even though they were allowed.

29-Jun-23
Making it down for the evening dinner and band must have been a nice way to still enjoy the event. It's interesting to hear that you had conversations with shooters and a vendor who mentioned not seeing anyone on the course shooting a crossbow, even though it was allowed. Sometimes experiences can vary, and it's always interesting to hear different perspectives. On a different note, if you're interested in exploring more travel destinations, check out this link: https://altezza.travel/en/park/natron. It's about Natron Park in Tanzania. Who knows, maybe it'll inspire your next adventure!

29-Jun-23
Oh, ok Ed- not sure what poster you are referring to. I had to go down to my mom's to check on her that weekend, so I never made it. She's having some health issues and memory problems so I am trying to make regular trips down there now to keep a close eye on things.

08-Jul-23

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Rut, not sure you ever saw this poster before. I'm sure you always had nature posters in your room when you were a teenager. Like,, Rattle snake posters.

08-Jul-23
I thought that may have been the poster you were talking about. I had that hanging in my room when I was a kid.

08-Jul-23
LOL!

Oh, THAT one! How could I forget................. : )

• Sitka Gear