8point 08-Jul-21
swampbowman 14-Jul-21
Pat Lefemine 15-Jul-21
35-Acre 20-Sep-21
muzzypower 20-Sep-21
Cornpone 15-Nov-21
Squash 15-Nov-21
08-Jul-21
Just went to the woods this afternoon to set out cameras. I was grossed out with the number of gypsy moths laying eggs. I spent about half an hour squashing as many as I could reach. Had to remember the females can’t fly, so I concentrated on pairs with males, then picked off the females trying to lay eggs. I understand from DEC that this is an especially bad year for them, been picking caterpillars off trees in the yard but man what a bunch of adults in the woods.

14-Jul-21
I was at a 3d shoot in Avon NY last weekend and there were clouds of them ! I've never seen so many of them . I watched a couple of birds eating other insects but I didn't once see anything grab a moth. Does anything prey on them ? Another invasive out of control for sure.

15-Jul-21
Bears eat them

20-Sep-21
Didn't NY drop some type of beetle at one point to help with them? Or was that for something else and instead they just spray from planes in bad areas (I've known that they do that for something over Allegheny State Park)?

20-Sep-21
Forest tent caterpillars were out of control this year. They actually are native. Gypsy moth is an invasive though.

15-Nov-21
What amazes me is how our "trusted officials" monitor the import of invasive species...to no avail...then tell you and I not to spread them!! Zebra mussels, emerald ash borers et al come to mind. They should all be fired and loose their retirements...but that will never happen of course. They just say, oh well, we did our best!!

15-Nov-21
All one has to do is see how our officials are monitoring the southern border, that says it all !!!

• Sitka Gear