12yards 16-Jul-21
jjs 16-Jul-21
MLNRyder 20-Jul-21
Inshart 20-Jul-21
Tonybear61 20-Jul-21
Dale06 23-Jul-21
12yards 27-Jul-21
12-Jul-21
Sounds like the DNR has changed the Camp Ripley hunt to a single 3 day event. No more choice of two weekends. I am thinking the archery hunts there will soon be distant memory.

16-Jul-21
DNR isn't involved much with the hunts anymore. They are run by Camp environmental staff and CLC for the most part. DNR still handles the lottery/licenses.

16-Jul-21
Wasn't much thought by the desk jockey on this except parting the fools for their money, just make sure your truck is tuned for the race and strong legs for the run.

20-Jul-21
Looking forward to a 3 day hunt

20-Jul-21
Began hunting Ripley back in 70's, - my dad lived right across the river. Lost interest after wolves took it over. Quit for several years, hunted it in 2017, 18, & 19, not many deer and for sure NOT the quality of bucks as in the past.

20-Jul-21
I started bowhunting in that place in the 70s. Sometimes you got a permit for almost the whole season. That was before the neighbor kid snuck in there stole a dud then almost blew himself up at home. We lost our permits (1980 or 81) then it was super regulated after that, NASCAR for bowhunters we used to call it. Had two decent bucks and one 6 pointer stolen from me during hunts.

Stalked by wolves before dawn, huge black bear face to face, plenty of big bucks jumping out of brush piles when you almost stepped on them. Those were the days.

Did a well-run youth hunt with my kid last time I was up there. That is gone now too unfortunately.

23-Jul-21
I drew a Ripley tag way back in the early 90s. After finding out how many people would be in line to get in to hunt, I skipped the hunt.

27-Jul-21
Applied today. I hate when they allow 2500 in. Hoping it's fewer that actually hunt it.

• Sitka Gear