Babysaph 30-Jul-21
wv_bowhunter 30-Jul-21
Babysaph 30-Jul-21
Babysaph 30-Jul-21
hoppies56 31-Jul-21
JayD 31-Jul-21
Babysaph 31-Jul-21
30-Jul-21
A previous thread and the continued talk about killing a good buck got me to thinking. What is considered a good buck in WV? 125? 150? 180? I would think it would be a personal choice and judging by all the small bucks taken in our state I would say most don't wait for a good buck. Me included. What do you guys say? Lets see some 125 class deer from trail cam photo's. I have pics of some nice bucks but none 125.

30-Jul-21

rhewy's embedded Photo
rhewy's embedded Photo
I think this one will do

30-Jul-21
I agree. Nice buck. If he is in Pendleton county and hangs around the fields near the road then good luck seeing him in bow season.

30-Jul-21
A "good buck" (or "shooter buck" as they refer to them on the Outhouse channel) is any buck that gets within 20 yards or less of my stand. LOL

30-Jul-21
Lol. Hahahahaaha me too Dave. How else will I explain myself when someone at the Lil store asks me if I got my buck ? Remember those days?

30-Jul-21
I sure miss our local convenience store where everyone checked deer back in the day. Hunters hanging around talking and a stack of Polaroid pictures that just got bigger as the season went along.

Fond memories of my youth loading up to go check a deer, full of excitement and anticipation of who we may see. Getting to tell the story of the hunt…. Folks were always excited to see a big buck, but it wasn’t all about the antlers back then….. “The good o’l days.”

Sorry, didn’t meant to derail your thread but that last comment got me thinking.

30-Jul-21
I agree buddy. Miss those days. Used to go to the check in station after dark to see what was killed

30-Jul-21
And you are right. It wasn’t about the antlers back then

31-Jul-21
A good buck for me is 3.5 or older PREFERABLY OLDER that i have scouted or patterned to position my stand or stands in such away to obtain clean kill shot under 30 yards. Even if i dont take the shot.

31-Jul-21
Totally agree with WVbowhunter and JR - miss the days of checking in at the station. It is easy now but just miss the old ways.

Good post but in my opinion anymore we worry way too much what others think - just go out and enjoy and make yourself happy.

31-Jul-21
That’s a good way to do it Hoppies. I agree just enjoy yourself. I quit worrying about what people think after I retired

• Sitka Gear