Jethro 18-Aug-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 18-Aug-21
Rut Nut 19-Aug-21
hawkeye in PA 23-Aug-21
Rut Nut 13-Sep-21
Rut Nut 13-Sep-21
SIP 13-Sep-21
04-Aug-21
So I was out of town the week of the first round of doe tags being accepted at the county treasurers....................but when I returned that Sunday my tag had already come in the mail. I was shocked to say the least! I have NEVER gotten my tags before Sept from any county treasurer.

Now today my buddy from Schuylkill county texted me and said he got his 3D tag in the mail today from Pike County. So I checked when I got home and WOO HOO my tag was in my box!

I got to thinking ...................what changed this year that would cause the County Treasurer’s office to get these applications processed AND tags sent out within 3 days, when for years it has taken MANY,MANY WEEKS?!

You think the new legislation which will ELIMINATE the county treasurers from the process has ANYTHING to do with it?! ;-)

04-Aug-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
My second round tag that came today

04-Aug-21
They new your love of pink envelopes!

04-Aug-21
Yeah, RIGHT! : )

05-Aug-21
It was the $.07 cent raise they got from the license increase.

05-Aug-21
Lmao will

05-Aug-21
Good one! : )

09-Aug-21
1st round check cashed a couple weeks ago, nothing in the mail yet for 2A. 2nd round check not cashed yet.

11-Aug-21
The PGC nor the county treasurers didn't get anything from that raise, that goes to the license issuer they are using to print them. Anyway, a few years back I had my doe tag about two weeks after I applied for it, so I think it's more of a 'who's in the office that's not busy' thing, rather than a change of any sort. ;)

13-Aug-21
George- there’s a BIG difference between 2 weeks and 3 days! ;-)

I heard another county treasurer was getting them out within days this year................coincidence? I think NOT!

14-Aug-21
Checked online to see 3C was sold out after round two. Can’t even remember the last time my group didn’t get 3…

14-Aug-21
MA, that surprised me also. But they did drop the number down quite a bit. Not sure why I always got 3. I don't shot doe in the early archery season, unless i first got a buck and then only if the weather was cold. I usually save them for the late archery. About the last 5 years I only used 1 doe tag a year.

14-Aug-21
Ya they dropped 16 or 19k. I think it was 16. Numbers def are not what they were 20 years ago when I started going down . However the buck quality is 1000x better as you all know since antler restrictions. My group has killed a 130+ every year the last 5-6. Me and my uncle go down an stay with long time family friends who we’ve hunted with since before I was even thought of lol

17-Aug-21
Great for you guys who got them that quick,Not my experience this year with Chester county treasurer.1st round took 1 plus weeks to get awarded and another 3 weeks to receive it,My second round has still not been awarded yet and all were sent right on time.Not sure if it’s a Postal situation or understaffing at County Treasurer.Good luck to all this season.

17-Aug-21
Was awarded my 3rd 5D tag today.

17-Aug-21
Just received my first rd tag from cumberland county on saturday. But cunberland had always been slow filling and sending tags. First rd i akways send there since its close to home and first rd doesnt matter. But when theres a chance of a unit i want selling out…they arent getting the envelope

18-Aug-21
Nick-I think I read somewhere that the reduction in tags was due to bringing back concurrent seasons for buck/doe in firearms season.

Sounds like some county treasurers are still holding tags til checks clear.

18-Aug-21
My 2nd round tag was issued on 3rd and mailed out on 13th. I got it Monday. From Monroe County.

18-Aug-21
Rut nut,

That’s what we assumed it was. What the game commission doesn’t under stand is that a lot of guys who only hunt the buck season to kill horns, still won’t shoot a doe even tho the season is concurrent. Should be interesting see how the hunting is second week…

19-Aug-21
I hear ya! I guess they feel they have to appease the "DON'T SHOOT ALL THE DEER" crowd! ;-)

23-Aug-21
Received my first 2D doe tag today in that pretty pink envelope, quite early compared to recent years. One tag to go.......

13-Sep-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
From Berks County Treasurer website

13-Sep-21
Got the following text from a buddy:

“I lost 2 hrs til I got to work,walked to the post office 2 blocks away ,bought stamps to mail them 2 blocks...apparently there's a notice on the county treasurers website but I only looked at the courthouse website”

And people wonder why we want to get these treasurers out of the process???!!! : (

13-Sep-21

SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
For those that didnt see the other thread

• Sitka Gear