bigwoodsbucks22 02-Feb-22
GED 02-Feb-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 02-Feb-22
ARLOW 03-Feb-22
drslyr 03-Feb-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 03-Feb-22
20-Aug-21
In case you're looking for supplies for 'those other seasons'

Went to Klems in Spencer yesterday, they had ML bullets but didn't see powder or primers. Only ammo was 16 ga shotshells, they had plenty. (Didn't see slugs.)

20-Aug-21
DC, it seems to be that way throughout Ma. It's made it tough on smaller gun stores.

20-Aug-21
BD, I'm currently searching for a _pile_ of shotshells for our fall turkey shoots. No luck, may be forced to cancel. Hearing the same from other clubs.

Meanwhile, I plan to share 'finds' in this thread and hope others will do likewise.

20-Aug-21
Dana, some guy on Boston bowhunter on FB posted a pic of totally stocked shelves of ammo at BPS (ironically) yesterday. Now, that may mean they are already wiped out, but if you are close to there could be worth a shot.

20-Aug-21
Bass pro got some full shelves. Also, no tactacam anymore

20-Aug-21
BP in Foxboro.......Does not have Hornady SST 12ga slugs, #11 percussion caps , unbelievable ! I just called.

20-Aug-21
BP, Cabela’s and Kittery have all been getting hunting ammo. Not reliably, but they are getting it.

20-Aug-21
What we need is an ammo trader thread.

21-Aug-21
Go to Target Sports USA online they have been getting some stuff in.

21-Aug-21
Fed Arm ships as well. I got 500 rounds of 9mm for 280 bucks a couple months ago from them

21-Aug-21
My deer rifle is in 300 Savage. Each year there were fewer and fewer brands manufacturing it and I thought the price was getting silly. I could see a day when I would be forced to reload or buy from "boutique" reloaders. So whenever there would be a Remington rebate I bought up what I thought would last me as long as I needed it. Right now I can find 300 Savage in many places while other calibers are unavailable. Unreal, never say never.

21-Aug-21
I too have a 300 savage Tekoa. Debating on bringing it to PA this year.

22-Aug-21
Gentlemen , I've tired of hoping and praying for slugs, primers and percussion caps to become available. They can stick 'em where the sun doesn't shine ; I'll bow hunt all season long. Those of you who stocked up on these items were smart, way to go.

03-Sep-21
Picked up some Triple 7 pellets yesterday at Tombstone in Brookfield. They have some ammo, including slugs, but expect 'sticker shock'.

PS they have a Savage 99 in 300 Savage in the rack. Not sure about ammo.

21-Sep-21
Been to 2 different Walmarts and both had ammo for the 350 Legend. Does anyone in New England shoot this caliber? Straight wall for those weird states in the mid-west where for some reason you can't use bottle-neck cartridges for deer.

Was in kittery last week, shelves there were 'sparse'. Some ammo in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308. Not much for reloading components, some 30 cal bullets and a few cans of oddball powders.

Grabbed 4 boxes of 12 guage SST's, they had no slugs at all in 20 ga.

21-Sep-21
I called brenneke on the phone. They had a sales rep call me back in 30 minutes who gave me the name of a place in CT who was fully stocked. I bought 10 boxes of 20 ga KO and ten boxes of green lightning to try them out. Had em shipped to a buddy in rhode island. There are creative solutions out there other than going to the store and being sad.

21-Sep-21
One more thing: I talked to buddy in Kansas and he said the shortage is over. He said his shop was fully stocked with things he hasn’t seen in a year. I realize that’s an internet anecdote but it is a good sign

21-Sep-21
Kittery had SST's ! Back in the day I'd have made the drive up.

21-Sep-21
Dana I considered buying a 350 this year. I had my hands on one but never pulled the trigger to buy it. Basically due to the fact I could find the ammo. My buddy in PA his friend bought one for Ohio cuz his brother bought land there to hunt and he’s used it the last couple years in PA. It’s a sweet round. Sure knocks em dead too

21-Sep-21
GEDs ammo trading idea is a good one. How can we get that started? I think a lot of people could find it useful

21-Sep-21
I have a .35 Remington so no need for the Legend. The ballistics on it don’t really excite me although if I were to get it I would in an AR platform.

21-Sep-21
On their FB page, the Gun Rack in Turners Falls showed a pile of 20 gauge slugs. Of course that was 3 days ago...

22-Sep-21
Ma, The Hunting Public use a 350 last year and seemed to like it a lot.

27-Sep-21
Was in Cabelas the other day, if you're looking for .223 or 308 'hardball' fmj ammo they have plenty. Still sparse on the 'hunting' stuff. Plenty of Triple 7 and Pyrodex, but didn't see primers.

28-Sep-21
DC, almost into Oct. and no primers. This is strange despite plausible explanations. ML starts in mid Dec. but if percussion caps and primers aren't available by sometime later in Oct. ;then I'll be worried. If they become available they'll fly off the shelves because the shortage has weirded out a lot of hunters( from people I've talked to).

28-Sep-21
Primers are very tough to find. Few local shops have muzzle loader primers. If you shoot blackhorn 209 you need shot gun primers. Those are very tough to find.

28-Sep-21
Walmart in Amherst NH had a bunch of ammo last night. 30-30,30/06,270, and a bunch of 12&20 gauge.

03-Dec-21
Was at the local Walmart (Ware MA) and was surprised they had a shelf load of Federal 22 rimfire in 325 round packs. Bought a couple!

They also had a few 100-packs of 12 gauge low-brass shells.

05-Dec-21
Found half a tray of Winchester W209 primers. It’s like winning the lottery now. Strange times.

31-Jan-22
Stopped in at Klems in Spencer, they had a supply of Winchester 'Longbeard' 12 gauge shells, both 3 and 3 1/2 " loads. Not a ton. Wasn't in the market for those so I didn't get a price, sorry.

31-Jan-22
Primers and powder are available if ya got Google and a phone.

31-Jan-22
Jerry’s Bait and Tackle in Milford MA has ML primers.

01-Feb-22
Been finding stuff alot easier lately. Been seeing Blackhorn 209 powder several places and finding turkey ammo alot of places too. 223 and 556 ammo is literally everywhere. I don't understand why that's so much more abundant than everything else. Still can't find 30.06 anywhere other than online.

01-Feb-22
223/556 is basically running full time for military contracts. Was a ton of it last time I visited Cabelas. Hardest to find (for me, here) is 20 gauge, hoping that changes soon.

01-Feb-22
Yea all military and law enforcement rounds typically always get produced, pistol and rifle, everything else takes a back seat. Years ago my father in law told me to make sure I had stuff in those calibers so I'd hopefully never have a hard time finding ammo, and stock up whenever you can. Glad I listened to him!

02-Feb-22
Yeah thats a good point. I see a ton of 40 and 9mm too so that makes sense now.

02-Feb-22
Oddly, from a LE family, my every day carry is a 9mm, my every day woods carry is typically my 40.

02-Feb-22
Ma-Pa, you've got lots of toys ,LOL

02-Feb-22
Only a couple dog. Had a spending problem before the kids were born. Pick up all the OT then go get a toy lol

02-Feb-22
Ma-Pa, You're not alone. I would dream up hunting trips and buy a rifle for them. I'd seldom take the trip and always ended up getting screwed when I traded in the rifle for another one that I felt I couldn't live without. I can't remember when I stopped being a gun nut . On second thought, I don't think I ever stopped. I don't go into gun stores to open a savings account. LOL

02-Feb-22
Ive been putting off buying a couple guns for quite some time, like several years. Just didnt have a good place to shoot often enough. But now I do, and after realizing prices are only going up and not coming down anytime soon I bought both of them 3 weeks ago. Threw in a 3rd the following week for good measure. Previously I hadnt bought a new gun in almost 10 years so i didnt feel too bad about it.

02-Feb-22
What’s everyone shootin in the Ukraine these days?

02-Feb-22
10 years!?! Few years ago 10 weeks felt to long haha

02-Feb-22
Haha I like your style. I know a couple guys that buy atleast 5 guns a year

02-Feb-22
I need to sell a few guns, not keep buying them

02-Feb-22
That almost sounds sinful GED…..what a got for sale hahahahahahah

03-Feb-22
You have any girls?

03-Feb-22
When i was working i had a stop directly across the street from fox ridge outfitters the factory outlet store when TC Arms was in Rochester NH. Boy did that become an expensive trip.

03-Feb-22
Haha Arlow. Didn’t catch on to that! Missed it lol!

• Sitka Gear