Pat Lefemine 23-Aug-21
Shawlerbrook 23-Aug-21
Al Dente Laptop 24-Aug-21
muzzypower 29-Aug-21
Trial153 30-Aug-21
Rich 16-Sep-21
sjj 16-Sep-21
23-Aug-21
On July 5th, John Jeanneney passed away. John was one of the founders of Deer Search, and was instrumental in the the legislation passed that allowed wounded deer to be tracked with trained dogs. John literally wrote the book, well 2 or 3 actually, about training and trailing wounded deer with dogs. He himself was responsible for recovering over 1,000 animals. He bred and trained them as well as helping countless others to do the same. I personally know several people who carry on what John taught them. He was inducted into the NYS Outdoor Hall of Fame, and was a professor at Hofstra University. He resided in the Hudson Valley town of Pleasant Valley. May God rest his soul as he returns to the happy hunting grounds. Prayers for his family and friends.

23-Aug-21
Oh shoot. I met him a couple of times. You're right, he did literally write the book on deer tracking with dogs. Damn shame to see the good ones age out and leave us. If memory serves me correctly, he wasn't that old??

23-Aug-21
Sorry to hear that. RIP !

24-Aug-21
He was 86 years old.

29-Aug-21
John was a great guy. He retrieved a great buck for me in montgomery county back in 2002. That was my first experience with deer search. I was just a kid. He even offered to dress it for me. I may have a pic somewhere. RIP John and thank you sir...

30-Aug-21
In all the years i have known John was always a class act, just a great guy in all respects. I am happy we got speak shortly before his passing

16-Sep-21
I had the pleasure and honor of meeting John at a New York Bowhunters banquet several years ago. He gave us a tracking seminar and workshop that was phenomenal. Not a dog tracking seminar, but shared his knowledge based on his vast experience of what deer do after being hit, that we all benefitted from. Besides John's passion and talent for breeding and training quality dogs, he was a wealth of information and offered his thoughts in a most friendly, encouraging manner. So glad I had chance to meet him and talk to him a few times. Surprised more Bowsite folks didn't cross paths with him.

16-Sep-21
Yep...tracked once with him....dog determined the deer was still alive...

• Sitka Gear