Aspen Ghost 27-Aug-21
RDHunts 28-Aug-21
TwoDogs@work 30-Aug-21
Elk Noob 30-Aug-21
SlipShot 30-Aug-21
Nock 31-Aug-21
Hank_S 31-Aug-21
27-Aug-21
Anyone traveling thru the canyon, I would appreciate if you would post your delay time, so that I may consider an alternate route. Thanks

27-Aug-21

Aspen Ghost's Link
You can check camera shots here. It looks like traffic is moving through without significant delays. CDOT Website says there might be occasional delays when they have to stop traffic for operations. Those short closures will probably be hard to predict.

Seems like I70 has been reduced to 1 lane for construction in short stretches in that part of Colorado almost every time I've gone through over the last 10 years and it hasn't caused any significant delays. As long as 1 lane is open it is just a minor slow down.

28-Aug-21
Watch your weather when you plan on traveling. I -70 can close on a very short notice if rain in expected. They close it down for safety reason.

30-Aug-21
I was through there on 8-20. There was very little if any delays. As said above rain will cause closure. It was closed for a while on the 18th and 19th due to flash flood watches, but opened after the threat of heavy rain was gone. Watch the weather, if there is a flash flood watch for the area it will be closed.

30-Aug-21
Saw that they're forecasting rain this week and Glenwood is expected to be closed Tue/Wed...

30-Aug-21
no delay unless there is weather.

31-Aug-21
They are now saying a likely Wednesday/Thursday closure. Planning on going through tonight.

31-Aug-21
I went through the canyon this afternoon…zero issues.

• Sitka Gear