trublucolo 03-Sep-21
29-Aug-21
Just seen unit 18 is on fire again

29-Aug-21
Black mountain

29-Aug-21
So is 31.

01-Sep-21
Shouldn't spread too much further. It's 2 miles west of the Troublesome fire burn scar. Not alot of fuel.

02-Sep-21
I can see the fire from my house, Think again if you think theres not alot of forest to burn up there.Yesterdays rain helped alot as Ive seen no helicopters or planes as of yet today... And as far as hunting goes in that area with or without the fire,You will see nothing besides hunters on Black Mtn. As well as anywhere else in Unit 18... The only place you will see elk is in Rky Mtn.National park or on private land..The CPW ruined unit 18 years ago with over selling licenses.And forget about Deer because there arent any of them either Unit 28 is the same and so is unit 181 all ruined by the CPW nothing but hunters on atvs and side by side driving around is all you will see..I live here I know !

03-Sep-21
So how do you really feel about your beloved CPW Conative?? Personally I think you are an optimist. Can't believe they are still selling class b cow tags by the hundreds after last years elk BBQ. If they were stewards they would shut the whole lot down until they figure out what in the hell actually happened. Can't see smoke today I need to drive around the point to see if yesterdays wet blanket put it out.

03-Sep-21
I agree, common sense says you should reevaluate tag allocations year to year in units including the immediate adjacent units after an event of that magnitude. CPW doesn't care about wildlife conservation, they're more concerned with appeasing the "non-consumptive" faction. The only reason they entertain hunting and fishing is to fund the rest of the circus.

• Sitka Gear