New Mexico
Contributors to this thread:
KS Hunt 05-Sep-21
Liver&Onions 07-Sep-21
JRABQ 07-Sep-21
Liver&Onions 08-Sep-21
Seth 11-Sep-21
05-Sep-21
Hi guys, KS hunter here that drew unit 9 elk second round of archery season. How wet is it there this year? What condition will the roads be in. Have there been many fires in that region in a while. My buddy and I drew tags to this unit and although all the info I see is daunting we’re excited. My hunting partner and I have done quite a bit of map study but we realize there is much more to pinpointing a spot. I’ve only hunted CO for elk and NM is a first for me. We will have 2 old guys with us cooking for us (our dads) any info you can provide that may be helpful in contributing to my hunt is greatly appreciated.

07-Sep-21
Sent private message.

07-Sep-21
Used to hunt 9 alot with muzzleloader, but only once in last 15 years or so. Overall we've had a great monsoon this summer, but there are some spots that missed out. Most roads have a good rock or gravel base, but there are some exceptions. Don't recall any fire info for 9. Don't overlook the flatter oak/grassland country. It will likely be a tough hunt, so good luck and have a good time.

08-Sep-21

11-Sep-21
Conditions are good, overall. Many tanks have water, and it’s pretty green. Roads are average, though I found a couple washed out from the heavy rain we had this summer.

• Sitka Gear