Ccity65 12-Sep-21
PECO 15-Sep-21
WYOelker 15-Sep-21
Huntmaster 15-Sep-21
Longcruise 16-Sep-21
08-Sep-21

Longcruise's embedded Photo
Longcruise's embedded Photo
Watch out for this when you register your vehicles. It might be a good deal for one vehicles but will they try to add it on every vehicle you own??

Some people could care less about visiting a state park. Hope they have their reading glasses handy when they look at the fee schedule!

08-Sep-21
I do remember seeing this on the news about 6 months ago. Thought to myself "that's bullshit". "Fees" are a great way for governments within colorado to skirt/negate TABOR. It's a tax.

I wouldn't be so mad about a general "fee" for x,y.z, etc. But when there is an opt out option that isn't automatically the standard choice is pretty shady.

08-Sep-21
^^^Remember this next time an election rolls around...

09-Sep-21
I normally get a parks pass. This will be a benefit to me. Of course I only need it on one vehicle, so thank you for posting.

09-Sep-21
Does anyone know if the permit would be for the calendar year, or tied to the dates of your registration? My tags are due by end of month. I have not paid for them yet and would consider a reduced rate on this, but only if it s good through Sept. 2022. Logic would say it would be, but I would like confirmation of this before paying the "fee".

10-Sep-21
Maybe I don't understand, but I think the option of getting a $40 parks pass instead of the $80 pass is OK. I agree it should be an opt in vs, opt out.

10-Sep-21
Peco, that's it, you must opt out. Hopefully they do this in a transparent way. Matters not to me since my annual pass is free starting next year.

11-Sep-21
Doesn't start till 2023

12-Sep-21
Opt in/ Opt out, has become the norm in many things. Especially with credit cards, once a charge is automatically taken out, many people don't even realize they are being charged. It is a sad indictment of our society today. As long as people do not do things such as check cc statements, review bills/charges, people will continue to get charged things that they do not want/need or possibly things they actually have not recieved. And they only have themselves to blame. Automation has made people lazy, in many instances.

15-Sep-21
Who is not going to notice the $40 increase in registration fee when the time comes?

15-Sep-21
What a damn shame... Imagine a house like ours... 2 Daily Drivers, 2 off road jeeps, my daughters car, an old pickup, a farm truck.... Wonder if it will be added to campers, trailers, etc.? If so it will be a major fee increase for the state...

15-Sep-21
I get my annual parks pass for $14, a lifetime fishing license, discounted small game license, don’t have to pay preference point fee, discount on camping. Benefits for being old and in the way

16-Sep-21
Gordon, yeah, I'm on that train too. Get nervous at every tunnel. LOL

• Sitka Gear