Al Dente Laptop 16-Sep-21
spike78 18-Sep-21
CatSlamfromNY 20-Sep-21
bas4109 22-Sep-21
drslyr 23-Sep-21
kakiatkids 12-Oct-21
pogo 13-Oct-21
14-Sep-21
Well friends.......... I've come to the conclusion that last year was....... my last deer season. I do not feel safe climbing up in my ladder stands and have sold them to one of the other guys hunting the farm.

I'm going to be selling my (2) API climbers...... some climbing sticks and a couple of chain on stands...... (3) Wildlife Innovations trail cams at a flea market in Leroy in early October....... along with boxes of bass lures from my tournament fishing days.

I haven't put out any trail cameras nor have I been to the farm for a walk around. I'm hoping to Turkey hunt next spring but I'm going to enjoy golfing with my wife until we pull out for New Mexico in early November to visit the grandkids before heading to the Florida Keys in late November.

Thanks for reading my thoughts, comments and stories these past few years.

Please post some photos and comments on your deer season for me will ya? It will make me feel like I'm hunting with you.

15-Sep-21
Sorry to hear you have come to that conclusion. But as long as you are satisfied with it, that all that matters. Have enjoyed your adventures over the past couple of years. Enjoy retirement with your spouse as long as you can.

15-Sep-21
All my best to you and your wife Tom. Enjoy every minute of your retirement.

16-Sep-21
Enjoy your time however you want to. You deserve it, as does everyone. Live your life and everyday as you see fit and to it's fullest. I am sadly in the midst of losing a dear friend to a host of ailments. He lived a full life, by his own rules, so he had no regrets. We cannot control time, go an enjoy this new chapter in your life!!

18-Sep-21
Enjoyed your stories stay in the game and hunt on the ground!

20-Sep-21
Can you hunt from the ground? I rarely hunt treestands (i find it boring). I sit on rock cliffs, in ground blinds, stand against trees, etc. I find it exhilarating

22-Sep-21
It has been fun following along. Thanks for sharing your stories.

23-Sep-21
Funny i just posted almost the exact same ghing on the ma site

12-Oct-21
Enjoy Tom, I have thoroughly enjoyed your commentary over the years. Getting old is a real bitch. ...I'll be there far too soon. Have a great time with the grandkids and enjoy your time in the Keys...until next time...adios...

13-Oct-21
Thank you all for your kind words.

It's been easier than I thought it would be. I only think about hunting 23.99 hours per day.

Good luck...... stay safe...... show some photos will ya!

• Sitka Gear