first rifle unit 61 colorado
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
oregon338 16-Sep-21
Phaseolus 16-Sep-21
Quinn @work 16-Sep-21
Grasshopper 16-Sep-21
16-Sep-21
unit 61 first rifle oct 16th to 20th. Talked to trapper some time back - like to chat again if can. Anyway, plan on getting off the roads and boots on the ground. Will be scouting 4 days before opening day. I've killed several elk in archery and rifle. Couldn't wait for an archery tag so let the lead fly! Looking to glass and walk the ridges. Anyone hunt here recently or last year? Several areas I have identified to scout for the elks sanctuaries, any issues with off road camp spots? using a side by side to get off the main roads? looking for a mature bull and have fun with my brother (shirpa) Ha Ha. thanks Jerry

16-Sep-21
Most of the trails in 61 are 50” or less. Lots of places to camp off of divide road on Fr roads.

16-Sep-21
Anywhere you can take your side by side everyone else can so you probably won’t get away from people.

Does an archery tag now take more points than first rifle?

16-Sep-21
The north end has an extensive 50" trail complex. It can be good all over. I kinda like that north end, a lot of the unit is heavily forested so it makes it hard to figure out what is bugling as far as glassing. The north end seemed a bit more open and conducive to glass.

• Sitka Gear