jdbbowhunter 22-Sep-21
muzzypower 22-Sep-21
35-Acre 23-Sep-21
Shawlerbrook 23-Sep-21
sjj 23-Sep-21
22-Sep-21

8point's embedded Photo
8point's embedded Photo
posted this on big game forum, but it's a NYS situation, so. I checked cams in 8S and found 9 pics of this doe that appears to have a mess of ticks and flies on her, and she is for sure in trouble as you can count her ribs when she should be fat and sassy. This pic doesn't do justice to the situation, her right side is loaded. Sent pic's to DEC and got no response...... Surprise.

22-Sep-21
EHD is bad in NY. Hopefully not that.

22-Sep-21
I got several pictures this summer where deer had substantial flies on their faces Looked fine otherwise. Your deer is skinny.

23-Sep-21

35-Acre's embedded Photo
35-Acre's embedded Photo
Personally I think she's fine. I hope I'm right. But in my experience, depending on when they breathe and the photo is captured it can show more ribs. Here's the same small buck in 3 different photos; you can see ribs in 1, the second they show a little and the last, which is only 25 minutes later they don't show at all.

Now, this is a buck. So it's not being drawn on like a doe feeding a fawn or two. Plus flies - well, they are bad during the day (especially the black flies). Again - I hope I'm right.

23-Sep-21
Had a 1 1/2 yr old buck in my yard all summer that had ribs sticking out like that. He is still here almost every day munching on falling apples and looks much fatter. The winter coat also helps .

23-Sep-21
I believe that deer is fine. Deer flies really get after them.

• Sitka Gear