Squash 28-Sep-21
erict 28-Sep-21
Shawlerbrook 29-Sep-21
CatSlamfromNY 04-Oct-21
Pat Lefemine 05-Oct-21
CatSlamfromNY 06-Oct-21
CatSlamfromNY 04-Nov-21
27-Sep-21
Northern Zone opened today. Wish they had kept the fall turkey the same starting date as deer, as it's always a nice bonus to get one with a bow even though the turkey season is only 2-weeks long now. Good luck to all of you.

27-Sep-21
Enjoy your two weeks before the six weeks of Muzzy and rifle slaughter everything in the northern zone. I’m not sure I’ll even bother hunting deer there this year in 6k. They have been seriously over harvesting bucks in my area.

28-Sep-21
Hey...don’t forget about we southern zoners! I know we only have 5 weeks of muzz and gun but the state is doing just as stellar a job here. They must think we are more efficient! (I do sympathize with the crappy bow season northern has)

28-Sep-21
Just hoping to see deer. Seems like SENY (3N, 3G, 3S) is riddled with EHD again

28-Sep-21
NYs deer management is about the worst.

28-Sep-21
LOL, that’s why I hunt the big woods of the ADKs and Tug Hill, don’t have to deal with all of the drama in the Ag land of 6K and other fragmented forest WMU’s. And rifle hunters certainly are not over harvesting the bucks in 5H and 6N.

28-Sep-21
Shame that these posts seem to become a whinefest so quickly nowadays.

29-Sep-21
After living my entire 64 years in NYS, I have found I can either spend my entire life complaining or appreciate “it is what it is” . If only deer management was the biggest problem in NYS.

04-Oct-21

CatSlamfromNY's embedded Photo
I had no intentions of hunting the same spot this morning, but this buck came into the scrape 16 yards from my ground blind where I sat yesterday morning. Where were you yesterday?? mayb brow-less 6pt
I had no intentions of hunting the same spot this morning, but this buck came into the scrape 16 yards from my ground blind where I sat yesterday morning. Where were you yesterday?? mayb brow-less 6pt
Hunted Sunday morning in 3N (Putnam County). Didn't see anything but on the way out, i noticed a deer (no head unfortunately) followed me in.

05-Oct-21
Good job on scent control. When I get pics like this the deer is running in the opposite direction. ;-)

06-Oct-21
ha, thanks i try.

04-Nov-21

Saw a 1.5 y/o 6pt chasing a doe yesterday morning. Gave him a pass but shot this female red fox at 30 yards. I was sitting on a folding chair on a rock bluff. Hit her a little high in the shoulder and out through the guts.

• Sitka Gear