Rut Nut 08-Oct-21
horsethief51 08-Oct-21
Ben farmer 09-Oct-21
01-Oct-21

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Circa November 8, 2019 at the farm.
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Circa November 8, 2019 at the farm.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe opening day Saturday and good luck. Happy birthday Kathy! Let us know how you do. Pictures accepted.

02-Oct-21
Good luck everybody. Shoot straight. Be safe.

02-Oct-21
Good luck to all. It’s a zoo over here. White oaks dropping all around me. Foxes screaming and running around causing the turkeys in the trees to pipe in. Now dogs are barking. And it’s nice and cool. Great day all ready

But , I’m at the mercy of the USPS for tags. I’m down to 2 in pocket.

Good luck all. Bill V

02-Oct-21
Not a bad morning. Four doe and a big bodied half rack buck.

02-Oct-21
Saw a big fisher just before daylight.

02-Oct-21
Pretty quiet on here today where's everyone at , must be at work like me..

02-Oct-21
Anyone have any luck today? Did a evening hunt after work kicked up 3 deer Goin in , no deer on stand..

02-Oct-21
Saw five this morning, including a big bodied goofy half rack buck. Another three tonight. Must be getting softer in my old age. Last doe came in around 6:45pm. Fed back and forth at about 15-18 yards. Broadside. Picked up the bow twice... let her walk. Was a fine evening!!

02-Oct-21
Quiet in 2-D today. Saw 1 deer in the big field on the way back to the house. It came out past a stand I was not in.

03-Oct-21
Only got out in the afternoon. Checked a trail cam right next to the stand, I put out on 9/6/21 and on 9/7/21 the next day a bear finds it and knocks it to point straight down. 2 pictures, bear head shot and 2nd, bear side head and foot stright down.

04-Oct-21
Couple more weeks and you’ll be in good shape Ed! ;-)

05-Oct-21
Saw three bucks on the way to the woods right behind the house this morning. Nothing moving in the fog this morning.

05-Oct-21
Big doe and button buck came in at 6:25 and ate acorns for 45 minutes. Thought they'd never leave. Great sunset.

06-Oct-21
No sightings this morning. Did somebody tell them the lull was early this year. Going to sit up in a big oak grove this afternoon if I go out. Listen to the acorns fall.

06-Oct-21
I told them to wait til we get there on Friday Art! ;-)

06-Oct-21
New stand location this evening. Had a 4 point feeding on acorns about 40 yards from me for 30 minutes or so and a group of 4 or 5 pass through between around 40-50 yards.

Looks like I'll be moving another 20 yards or so and see what happens.

06-Oct-21
Had my first sit in last year's stand where I scored on a mature buck. Got there a little late and the wind was blowing all wrong. At 6 I stood up to stretch and when I went to sit down I saw a little buck approaching from behind my right side with the wind to his back. Who'd figure the wrong wind worked for once. He looked at 4 times before walking over the top of the hill. Left a little early and saw a doe standing on the dam/bridge I had to cross, then a high racked six point at the food plot before I got home. 3 does in the field beside the house. Chise is here, the 2D trad bow weekend begins Thursday.

07-Oct-21
Son and I went out yesterday evening and sat in a ground on the same oak flat I shot my buck at earlier. Ended up only seeing one doe and lots of squirrels and chippies. One squirrel almost climbed in the blind with us. He got a kick out of that. Bought a new pair of rubber boots for him and his sister to share in the early season when I take them out and when I asked, do they feel good, he said, I'm not complaining, am I? Snarky little teenagers....lol...

07-Oct-21
Saw one doe last night. My son was in another spot about 250 yards away saw a nice 8 point and 4 doe. He told me the buck was about 15 yards away and got a little squirrely and trotted off. I hate nights with no breeze. Scent just drops and pools around the stand.

07-Oct-21
Got out last Saturday afternoon, not in morning. Had to much to do, I hate that because when I have things to do I sit in my stand thinking about it. I hope to finish up this weekend and then it's game on. By the way on Saturday afternoon, I did hear a dog barking!!! :)

07-Oct-21
We hunted a property in Armstrong County this morning, Chise in a blind and me in a ladder stand. Deer were close by on our way in. Chise saw 3 does. I saw 6 does and a little buck. Never a dull moment. Going back in PM.

07-Oct-21
Only a few more does this afternoon. Saw more deer on the ride home.

08-Oct-21
Sounds good Art! Got the car packed and leaving at noon. Hope to be there before you guys get out of your stands tonight! ;-)

08-Oct-21
NIce day but no deer.

09-Oct-21

Ben farmer's embedded Photo
Ben farmer's embedded Photo
I have only been out twice so far. Once in 2B 2 weeks ago and went out the first morning of the regular archery.

Had this nine point in the pic (screenshot of video cause I don’t know how to post videos on here) feed past me twice in 2B my first day out. Was a little to early and bigger bucks in the area. Saw 10 does and fawns on the first morning of the regular archery.

• Sitka Gear