Dakota 10-Oct-21
DR 13-Oct-21
grizzly63 13-Oct-21
Dakota 14-Oct-21
bas 14-Oct-21
Dakota 14-Oct-21
CDogger1 18-Oct-21
09-Oct-21
Most have probably seen the EHD west river reports. How bad is it ? the little dots on the map are not really a good guideline. Who is seeing what?

09-Oct-21
The Little Missouri River around Camp Crook and other places in Harding County you can smell the dead ones. On our own land on the river several dad white tail were in the water. On the other hand on our land not on the river hardly anything.

09-Oct-21
Sorry to hear that Dakota. Hopefully it will freeze in the low areas this coming week. I think that helps end this. Many years ago in Jackson county, a rancher told me that every 7 or 8 years the white tails would have massive die offs due to this and then he said they recover fairly quickly. They have not rebounded anywhere near to their pre event population levels. Hope for the best.

10-Oct-21
The river that is getting hit the hardest is usually the first to freeze and yes I do believe that stops it for this year. It's sure nothing new around here and does seem to come through every several years. Not fun to watch but just part of it.

13-Oct-21
Lots in NW Meade as well unfortunately.

13-Oct-21
I would think that yesterdays snow and the cold temps tonight might nip it in the butt. A guy can hope.

14-Oct-21
You're right we did get a nice freeze and a bunch of moisture the last couple of days so hopefully it will be over with for this year anyway.

14-Oct-21
Does the EHD affect the whitetails only or the antelope and mule deer too?

14-Oct-21
It will get in the antelope and mule deer but not severely as bad.

17-Oct-21
Any reports from the Eastern side of South Dakota?

18-Oct-21

CDogger1's embedded Photo
CDogger1's embedded Photo
I getting reports pheasant hunters are finding lots of dead deer. Does and bucks alike. Here is one found by a buddy of mine this morning. McPherson county.

• Sitka Gear