hawkeye in PA 22-Oct-21
Rut Nut 22-Oct-21
hawkeye in PA 22-Oct-21
Uplandguide 22-Oct-21
Uplandguide 22-Oct-21
horsethief51 22-Oct-21
Rut Nut 23-Oct-21
16-Oct-21
Front is supposed to move through later today. Temps after today should be more seasonal. Good luck everyone, be safe.

16-Oct-21
Not raining here, yet. My guys are hunting with muzzleloaders across the Red Bank this morning. I'm staying in. The afternoon looks pretty good, after the front comes thru. Tornado warnings now for Beaver county. Lower temps this afternoon and some sun. I will be in a stand in an oak grove later. News at 11 (or maybe 7 PM).

16-Oct-21
Cloudy and breezy, maybe 66 degrees. Just passed on two barely legal 6 points.

16-Oct-21
Two of three guys back here at the farm napping. Raining like crazy again (1 PM). One guy has a good book to read and stayed in his blind. Kathy is getting chicken kabobs ready for the grill when we get back. Tenderized deer steaks are also ready to go.

16-Oct-21
Outside it's windy and rainy. Inside there's a recliner, football, and a nice fire in the fireplace. Hmmm.

16-Oct-21
I took out the flintlock after work saw 1 doe came in, she was spooky mite of scented me with the breeze, no shot..I know this isn't a flintlock forumn..

17-Oct-21
Yes, We had a miss from one of the bowhunting blinds with a ML yesterday morning. Guy who stayed in Armstrong county switched over to long bow in PM and had a close encounter (but no shot) in the PM with a nice buck. ML guy who missed in AM had 4 bucks enter his afternoon spot under 20 yards away here before 4 does were spotted. He atoned for his miss and took a nice doe. The other guy had a shot at a doe and missed cleanly.

Chise and I decided to hang a scent drip bag and licking branch at a spot before he went home this morning. The first spot had fresh scrapes under oak branches so we just added our own concoction to it and moved on to a stand/camera location on the edge of an oak grove. Fresh scrape overnight again, so again, just add our home brew and move on. Next spot was a blind/camera spot near a swamp/woods/field area and another new double scrape was found in a usual spot 40 yards away. Moved the camera (tree it was on was getting scraped) to watch the scrapes and added our secret sauce. Back up to the farm fields where we found a double scrape in a usual spot on the way to a stand and blind. Wash, rinse repeat eh? Still have not used the drip bag.

Back past the house, across the road and into the pasture where Chise shot his deer last evening and you guessed it, fresh scrape under a crab apple tree on a corner. Fixed it up and finally made it to what we call Dan's stand, where we had the pretty perfect spot for our new set up: drip scent bag, licking branch with camera already in place. Lots of activity here all fall, including 2 different bears. Now just see what happens.

On our way back I said that this morning was just as fun as going hunting.

Keep at it folks, should be a better week.

17-Oct-21
Good story horsethief51, your in clarion County right? ,I got a camp in forest county tionesta, I live in Lawrence county 1a..

17-Oct-21
Yep. 6 miles from East Brady.

18-Oct-21
Saw a doe at 50 yards feeding on acorns at 9 then a 4 point around 10, came around my tree on the left at 5 yards. Longest sit yet.

18-Oct-21
I've filled 3 doe tags so far in 5 d. It was nice to be able to go to the courthouse and get the additional tags.

18-Oct-21
Spent the PM hunt in a blind and saw 2 deer right at quitting time. What a bright moon.

19-Oct-21
Sounds like the action at the farm is picking up, Art- can't wait to get out there next week!

Good job Bob! You have any problems reporting them? I heard it can be a PITA with the new system.........................

19-Oct-21
Other than the difficulty of having big fingers keying small buttons on the phone app and what appeared to be a slow server on the other end, it wasn't difficult.

19-Oct-21
OK- glad to hear it. This was a couple weeks ago, so maybe they have worked the bugs out of the system by now.

19-Oct-21

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
You got that right Rut. And the weather report looks good too. Here is the buck I saw yesterday morning.

19-Oct-21

Here are old pics of the 2 bucks I saw this morning. Looks like one was legal before a point was broke off. Second one is a half rack 2 point.

19-Oct-21
Turkeys were actually gobbling back and forth a little for 15 minutes at 7. At 7:30, single baldy walked by at 100 yards and disappeared behind some thick stuff. Several minutes later 4 does ran the opposite direction from where the first one went, then stopped looking over their shoulders. Sunlight was starting to filter through to the ground and within minutes the two bucks above walked over and kind of split them up. The bucks faced off for a little while like they were feeling each other out, even touched tines a little. They all kind of hung out together for a half hour or so before the 4 does walked away. Bucks left after a while. At around 8:30, what looked like that baldy, walked right over almost to my stand and stopped for me. He was button buck. That was a fast morning. This is the kind of stuff Rut sees at his stand on the other side of mine. Maybe the shooter is waiting for Rut to get here.

19-Oct-21

I think these are the bucks that made the scrape Saturday evening where I hunted yesterday.

19-Oct-21
Four does in the hollow this evening.

19-Oct-21

Ben farmer's embedded Photo
Ben farmer's embedded Photo
My 7 year old Tyler almost had a small buck Saturday evening (after he woke up ;) The buck was 5 yards from the blind but his shooting sticks were set up on the opposite window and he was to close to move them! When he finally walked away, we got the sticks in the other window and his crossbow on them but he was at 40 yards by then……to far for him.

20-Oct-21
I like to nap in the woods too, but too much deer movement the last couple of days. Looks like a street light in yard at 4:30 this morning.

20-Oct-21
From: horsethief51 19-Oct-21 This is the kind of stuff Rut sees at his stand on the other side of mine. Maybe the shooter is waiting for Rut to get here.

That's the plan, Art!(Well, MINE at least! ;-) Will be interesting to see if the bucks will be using that "runway" again this year to chase the doe.........................................

20-Oct-21
I sat in Dan's stand last night and saw 4 does. One big one came down the path on my left and was in stick bow range. They all appeared to be coming out of the swamp and heading for the stand in the bottom near the skunk cabbage and field with the pine trees. Back in the corner this morning in the property line stand and no deer.

20-Oct-21
Got a coyote with the bow tonight. Anybody out there want to make a quiver out of it. Its going in the freezer until I decide what to do with it. Pictures later.

21-Oct-21
Nice Art! Was it the dark one we saw back in August?

21-Oct-21

No. I am pretty sure it is this one. He looks bigger but he is pretty close to the camera. This picture is about a quarter of a mile from where I got him. The logging road in the picture will take you right to the other stand. I sit facing uphill on a bench above the logging road. I heard something coming 25 minutes before quitting time about 30 yards to my left. I was already standing up and he never stopped until he got in front of the stand. I had gotten into position when he went behind a couple big oaks. I guess he just stopped to sniff the ground and turned around 180 degrees facing back down the trail. It was just long enough. Everything else just came naturally. They arrow hit him high on the left side making a loud whack and it drilled itself into the ground. He just kind of flopped a little. I think it must have cut the spine because he didn't run at all.

21-Oct-21

After I sat down I heard a deer snorting up where the coyote came from in the pines. Had to sit there until dark. He bled a lot. We weighed over 26 pounds and was about 50 inches long from nose to tip of the tail. The hide in my basement is a foot longer that that.

21-Oct-21
Or maybe just nicked the spine a little, because the arrow went into the ground a few inches. Did I say he was a male? No shortage of those things back there.

21-Oct-21
Wow, that's great!

21-Oct-21
Nice , 1 less fawn killer In the woods, congrats..

21-Oct-21

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
On the board tonight

21-Oct-21
Way to go, something tasty and nutritious.

21-Oct-21
Congrats on a big ole freezer queen!!

21-Oct-21

Banjo's embedded Photo
Banjo's embedded Photo
Passed on a lot of doe’s so far this year, finally found one with no fawns.

22-Oct-21
Congratulations guys.

22-Oct-21
Way to go guys!

22-Oct-21
Had a spike walk up to me in a mowed hay field this morning. Like thirty feet, maybe a little closer. Looked very healthy, very strange.

22-Oct-21
Trail cam pics, a couple of does and a couple coyotes... that's it????

22-Oct-21

Uplandguide's embedded Photo
Uplandguide's embedded Photo

22-Oct-21
I saw a button buck under my stand and a non shooter buck this morning before it started to rain. Another small buck at 5:30 this afternoon. 2 minutes later one of my buddies bagged a doe with his muzzleloader across the hollow, so my hunt ended as I went to do my guide chores.

23-Oct-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Yeah, I bet you have almost as many miles on your UTV as your truck by the end of hunting season Art! ;-)

• Sitka Gear