SE MN Hunting tactics
Minnesota
Contributors to this thread:
DuncanMNWI 20-Oct-21
Tonybear61 21-Oct-21
RD 21-Oct-21
Tonybear61 25-Oct-21
20-Oct-21
Hi everyone, A buddy and I are new to hunting SE Minnesota and were wondering if anyone has any information on how to go about hunting this steep terrain. We've mostly hunted areas with ag fields on the top. Mostly because I wouldn't even know where to start in a exclusively timber. Really any tips would really be appreciated. Thank you!

21-Oct-21
Hunt back up the hill, next ridge away from the food plots. They don't come out to them til dark. Be prepared for a lot of small game hunters hunting in large groups. That is the culture of a lot of the hunters that hunt public land. If you can get by a swamp or near an area that is closed to hunting away from the crowd you may have better luck.

21-Oct-21
The wind will mess you up as much as anything in the hills, if you can find flat ledges about 1/3 down from the top you'll find beds. It's the area where the winds coming up hit the winds coming down. That sounds crazy but the wind WILL be coming from both directions at the same time. Another area to Hunt is the ridges and saddles, they are high traffic areas. Good Luck!

25-Oct-21
I agree with RD. I have watched milk weed seed parachute circle me for an hour or so..

• Sitka Gear