Kansan 27-Nov-21
Thornton 27-Nov-21
writer 27-Nov-21
DJnKS 28-Nov-21
writer 01-Dec-21
21-Oct-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
A patient of mine this evening showed me this elk a friend of hers shot near Hutchinson in Reno County recently. The guy is starting a new tree stand company called Elevate.

21-Oct-21
Wow!

21-Oct-21
Beautiful bull.

21-Oct-21
Story I was told is his name is Josh Tubbs and he shot it on his 3 acres on the edge of Hutchinson. His home was featured on Whitetail Cribs reportedly

21-Oct-21
The hunter is Josh Stubbs.

He is the president of Wifco Steel Products. He is a super nice guy and knows how to kill big whitetail as well. I don’t believe it was on a 3 acre tract from what he posted on Facebook. They have a couple farms in Reno and I think he bought a landowner tag for it. I’m excited to see Larry Kerschner finish the shoulder mount.

21-Oct-21
That makes more sense.

22-Oct-21
Story I got is the same as The Kid. Another nice bull was killed a few days ago in Leavenworth County.

22-Oct-21
Story I got is the same as The Kid. Another nice bull was killed a few days ago in Leavenworth County.

22-Oct-21

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
The bull killed in Leavenworth County. Danged sure mature.

22-Oct-21
Huge. Is that one up by you still alive Writer? The one that was frequenting the feeders on a couple back 40 acres.

22-Oct-21
He hasn’t been seen for months, by our farm. He always had drops. He actually ranged several miles, routinely. Fall he was mostly in about an 800 acre spread with more corn than some elevators.

This was killed 20or so miles to the north.

Danged fine-looking beast.

22-Oct-21
That's crazy. I just drove 1500 miles round trip to get an elk and they are less than 50 miles from home.

22-Oct-21
Did you get an elk?

23-Oct-21
Ranch- I’d think the third-best reproducing herd in the state is along the Ninescah.

23-Oct-21
Ranch- I’d think the third-best reproducing herd in the state is along the Ninescah.

23-Oct-21
Are these wild elk or escapees from game farms? I live 2 miles south of the Ninnescah and this is the first time I have heard mention of elk in the area.

23-Oct-21
They are not escapees. We've had transient wild bulls roaming this state for as long as I remember. There are multiple wild herds in Kansas, nowhere close to Ft. Riley. I've met an old guy 20 years ago in Colorado who's family settled Crystal Creek. He said they rarely saw elk in the mountains in the early 1900's and they were commonly thought of as plains animals.

23-Oct-21
Pretty sure more Elk are now killed off Of Ft. Riley than on Ft. Riley. 27 days of scouting and hunting Riley, we have seen 4 Bulls, two were spikes and 5 cows.

23-Oct-21
Last year it was equal on and off.

Friends near Oakley have killed two. One was a 5x with 3-4 cows. The other, his little boy shot, was a cow with a big calf.

23-Oct-21
Last year it was equal on and off.

Friends near Oakley have killed two. One was a 5x with 3-4 cows. The other, his little boy shot, was a cow with a big calf.

27-Nov-21
Finally seen my first Ks elk. Ran across the road in front of me this morning. It was a small bull

27-Nov-21
Very cool, Rusty!

27-Nov-21

This one lives a mile and a half from my farm in Butler County behind a fence. If the wind is just right, I think I can hear them bugling.

27-Nov-21
Looks like Tom Bowman shot a nice bull in Fort Riley recently. Took it with a rifle, which is still no easy feat on the fort.

28-Nov-21

DJnKS's Link
Here is a link to a video of the guy shooting the elk near Hutchinson in Thornton's original post.

01-Dec-21
Nice 6X6 was found dead, tangled in a fence, in Logan County today.

Coyotes had found him.

• Sitka Gear