Ron Miller 28-Oct-21
JayD 28-Oct-21
babysaph 29-Oct-21
Big-Otis-Jeff 01-Nov-21
Big-Otis-Jeff 01-Nov-21
JayD 01-Nov-21
Big-Otis-Jeff 04-Nov-21
26-Oct-21
Wow is all I can say to some of you who have been hunting from the beginning of the season. I went out for the first time with the bow several days ago - I couldn’t keep still - I forgot my face mask and had no gloves and the mosquitoes were just hammering me! I still saw some deer but wow was I miserable! LOL I forgot about the thermacell I bought several years ago and still haven’t used!

I think I will still just wait for cooler weather - but more power to you that are hunting! Looks like some nice deer are being harvested!

26-Oct-21
I love early Season, yea, I do use my ThermaCELL

26-Oct-21
Ron, you love every season!

26-Oct-21
Ron is Superman! Hunts, traps, trails with his dogs for others, and super chef as well! I bet he can even leap over a tall building!

His post on Facebook of his meals are just incredible!

26-Oct-21
I do know he can fix deer meat and makes the best jerky. I don't mind the early season but not seeing many deer now. I think they all left

27-Oct-21
I'm not much on early season but have put in 46 hours on stand this year so far. Shot 1 doe and that's about it. Squirrel hunted with my recurve a lot this year also, squirrels 17 jack 1 LOL.

27-Oct-21
Never seen a mosquito in WV, cmon man. I guess many years in middle GA and SC, without thermacells, you just got used to them. One of favorite past times in the stand was to wait till they gorged themselves and then pop em. Once had an old wooden baker stand that didn't quite hold well, slid all the way down while I was hugging that pine tree. Because I wore a t-shirt, took all the skin on my left bosom, bloody mess. So I tried to re-scale, this time hugging my right side. Hit that damn spot again, stand gave way and slid back down taking all the skin on my right bosom. Felt like I had been branded. With tears in my eyes, I tucked that t-shirt over my head and wore it like a halter top. Left that spot, cause no deer were around there anymore, and got in a permanent stand 300 yards away. Sat there in that GA heat for an hour and a half feeling like I was going to faint, looked down at my bloody chest covered with what looked to be a thousand mosquitos. Eventually I tucked my tail, climbed back down and begrudgingly limped back home. I guess we all have a breaking point.

28-Oct-21
Dang, lol, lol, lol

28-Oct-21
I don't want a deer that bad. Lol

28-Oct-21
Thank You Jay, I'm just an Old Man now, a Wannabe

28-Oct-21
LOL you are so far from a Wannabe! You impress a lot more than just me!

This Fall I just haven’t been able to get into hunting just yet - have a large project going on with work. It is sort of consuming my time and my thoughts - the warm weather sort of helped me not get into it just yet. I am looking forward though to November. I think next year I will be better prepared for the start of the season! I have been enjoying seeing everyone else being successful!

29-Oct-21
I am the same. The weather has sucked and I am just finishing up a new mancave/game room. But it is all done and I will be out now til gun season. The month is mine. Going to mtn Sunday and get after em.

01-Nov-21
I’ve went out couple of weekends when I could ( chemo / radiation). As long as I feel good, heading out this weekend….. 2 more weeks of this nasty stuff and I can hopefully get out more.

01-Nov-21

01-Nov-21
In my prayers BOJ - hope it goes by swiftly so you can get in the woods!

04-Nov-21
Thanks… hopefully smooth sailing

• Sitka Gear