grizzly63 26-Oct-21
dakotahunter 27-Oct-21
DR 12-Nov-21
grizzly63 14-Nov-21
DR 17-Nov-21
26-Oct-21

grizzly63's embedded Photo
Pretty late in the year for my first sit of the year. Just been too warm and too much other stuff going on. Did get out and place two stands in late August. Wasn't expecting too much activity but you never know. Anyhow, shortly after being in the stand I started to see some deer movement. A small buck came by 50 yds away so I was at least reassured that trespassers hadn't been over running the place. After a while I had a doe to the northwest of me looking west out into the field. I couldn't tell what she was looking for but she kept me occupied for a few minutes. When I turned away from where she was at and looked to the east, this buck was staring at me 25 yds away. Oh shoot! He dropped his head and proceeded towards my tree and he wasn't stopping. I got the bow off the hook and was debating which side of my tree he would pass by. He went to the side of the tree the bow was already on. He was going to pass by merely yds away. I started to pull back while he was behind the tree and as his head emerged he froze and looked right up at me. Oh shoot! He dropped his head and continued out into the fauna. I finished the draw and let it go at about 8 yds. Probably less than a minute after I had originally saw him. I watched him run about 60 yds and stop. I had seen the arrow impact and I knew it was a good shot. He tipped over within a few seconds. Very short season. One of the nicer bucks I have taken. My guess is 4 1/2 yrs old but maybe more. Its nice to let them get to the mature stage to see what they can become.

27-Oct-21
Congrats!!

31-Oct-21
Great job!!

12-Nov-21
Congratulations Grizzly, that's a gorgeous buck sir!

14-Nov-21

For the first time in over a decade, I managed to shoot a West River buck as well. Usually I get three tags, ER,WR and an anter-less archery. Only one of the three is commonly filled. Its the opportunity that I enjoy. Sitting in a treestand in the Black Hills is extremely different than an east river noisy environment. I spent four days last week there and managed to get this bruiser. I estimate close to 200 pounds live weight. Pretty big for a Hills whitey. When you are trying to rattle in a buck, you really cant tell its working until it is. Between the rattling and the doe bleat can, he was quietly slipping in on me. Sometimes things very fast. God only knows how this pic will show up.

17-Nov-21
One hell of a BH buck there! Never personally seen one that large.. Congratulations.

• Sitka Gear