Trickle rut 17-Nov-21
skookumjt 17-Nov-21
Alwaysright 17-Nov-21
CaptMike 17-Nov-21
Alwaysright 17-Nov-21
skookumjt 17-Nov-21
Alwaysright 17-Nov-21
29-Oct-21
When your tagged out, it sure would be nice to use a gun tag to keep hunting, what’s the difference, other than extra revenue the DNR receives by some buying friends or relatives a tag.

29-Oct-21
There's plenty of other things to do and places that have tags available. Be satisfied you tagged out or don't fill your tag.

29-Oct-21
Like skook said , Plenty of things to do ,I’m tagged out and very happy Now I can relax for my 2 weeks vac Doe tags to try and fill ,video or take pics of any bucks I see , and more importantly I can watch my grandkids so my son can hunt more Also set decoy for my daughter etc, ( put up Christmas lights before it gets to cold lol) If your not happy or satisfied don’t shoot yet

29-Oct-21
You can use your gun tag - in gun season. Why take an unethical 83 yard shot at dark with your xbow on opening day if you are going to whine about being tagged out? But, seeing you are a violator to begin with, I would not be surprised if you just keep on hunting with your xbow anyway.

29-Oct-21
Unhappy Many do keep hunting anyways that’s my point, if you can use archery equipment as a lesser weapon in gun season why not before? It’s considered archery, and the DNR wants better success rates, plus you could still go gun hunting under the group tag filling experience. Sounds like a win, win, win to me

29-Oct-21
It's a gun tag for the gun season.

29-Oct-21
Use your xbow in gun season with your gun tag. Perfectly legal. Do you start putting out massive amounts of pumpkins now or do you wait until it gets closer to the gun season?

29-Oct-21
Miserable Pumpkins are usually quite popular for Halloween ??

29-Oct-21
Well if your upset you filled your tag, then why did you fill it? It's not anyone else's problem to fix yours. Next year be smarter.......

29-Oct-21
Not upset and can still go out, have a “doe” tag, and can buy more if I want too.

But I could stand not to join the orange army if I could fill it now.

29-Oct-21
It's a gun deer license and should be filled during the gun deer season(s). Next people will want to fill their unfilled spring turkey tags with deer in the rut.

29-Oct-21
So you can still deer hunt now? Whats the problem? You can shoot another deer now and not even go gun hunting. Doesn't sound like a problem at all. Sounds like you want 2 buck tags during the rut? No thanks....

29-Oct-21
I can buy multiple turkey tags during mating season and they are much easier to kill, I’m gonna kill two bucks either way what’s the difference when they are taken.

29-Oct-21
Because the gun tag is for a 9 day season. You want the gun tag turned into a 4 month season. As it stands now, many don't shoot 2 bucks a year, but give them 4 months to do it and common sense tells you what would happen. Wisconsins buck population has enough pressure on it already. Many states have OTC deer tags. You can buck hunt every year until your hearts content if you want. You seem to be one of those guys where everything is always broken and needs fixing? The opportunities are already out there unless you don't have the drive to do it....

29-Oct-21
There’s lots of deer and there will be more in the future with aging hunters and less younger participation the harvest will need to shift to more tags and fewer hunters, might as well start now.

29-Oct-21
Shooting bucks doesn't impact deer population. Shooting does does. If you are trying to get ahead of your theoretical population explosion, go fill your doe tag.

29-Oct-21
I will, but it’s a legitimate idea, I think it was Missouri you said it would soon be any weapon.

29-Oct-21
If thats your reasoning, then Skookumjt is right. No need for another buck tag, get out and shoot some does. Lots of opportunities. Are you willing to lead by Example? Why is your buck tag filled and not your doe Tag? Doesn't sound like your practicing what your preaching here...

29-Oct-21
I wait for baldies until it gets really cold, love hunting in the snow.

01-Nov-21
I like Michigan's system. Combo tag. You get two bucks, any weapon as long as it's in season, but both bucks have antler restrictions

01-Nov-21
Not antler restrictions for both bucks in all Michigan counties.

01-Nov-21
Sounds like a great system Vilas

01-Nov-21
There absolutely are antler restrictions in MI.

01-Nov-21
UP has antler restrictions on both tags, 3+ and 4+ for the regular and resricted, at least iron and gogebic . not sure about LP or rest of UP

01-Nov-21
It's interesting to note though if you just buy the regular one Buck tag in those counties it has no restriction

01-Nov-21
Where I hunt, one buck has to have 4 on one side, the other can be the standard 3 inch spike. Other areas have APR's on both bucks.

01-Nov-21
Missouri, curious where you hunt in MI. It's quite a drive around the lake. Got some land out there, or some friends and family with some, or just some public spots you like?

01-Nov-21
we don't want to be following MI or MN w/ our hunt

02-Nov-21
I was simply responding to the comment that "both" bucks in Michigan have antler point restrictions. That is not true in all counties, only some. Central lower Michigan only has APR's on one buck. NW lower Michigan has APR's on both bucks. Not sure about the rest of the state.

17-Nov-21
So I can fill both my bow and gun tag during the 9 day any weapon season, you can group hunt during the 9 day any weapon season, so can someone fill an unused archery tag for another group member?? Fair question.

17-Nov-21
No

17-Nov-21
No it's not.

17-Nov-21
So I can fill my 9 day any weapon tag with a bow and then still hunt with a bow well into January, hmm

17-Nov-21
Why don’t you look up the regulations or call a help line

17-Nov-21
Ugh

17-Nov-21
Yep. And no you still can't fill your gun tag in the archery season.

17-Nov-21
I’m gonna get that changed, and it won’t be through cdac

17-Nov-21
"Why don’t you look up the regulations or call a help line" What he needs is to call a mental help line.

17-Nov-21
Capt SFB

I’d live rent free between your ears but heard it really smells in there.

17-Nov-21
The CDAC wouldn't have anything to do with it. It would require legislation and I don't think you'll get much interest.

17-Nov-21
Well the largest growing group is crossbow, the state wants more deer dead, I think it has a shot.

• Sitka Gear