Rut Nut 10-Nov-21
WickedWhitetails 11-Nov-21
Rickm 11-Nov-21
St52v 11-Nov-21
irishbow 15-Nov-21
29-Oct-21

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Another Saturday and more rain in the forecast. How about they let us hunt Sundays if it rains Saturday? LOL. We had some pretty nice Sundays so far this year. Oh well, good luck folks. Here is a pic from years past.

29-Oct-21
Rest up Art- next week is looking good - probably the best of the season! Get ready to put in some serious time next week!!!

29-Oct-21
Indeed Steve. Call if you need help or a photographer. LOL.

29-Oct-21
Beat me to it, Art. Calling for 40% chance of showers here in York, so there's a 100% chance I'll be in a stand.

30-Oct-21
This morning I had a buck chasing a doe over here at 6;45................no less than 15 grunts in about 3-4 mins! Too dark to even see shadows but they were close. Circled around me at about 50y and then headed towards my buddy’s stand. He said it was a small buck and a doe. Was cool just to hear all those grunts! : )

30-Oct-21
BTW, the forecast changed last night. We woke up to no rain in Clarion County and supposed to stay dry most of the day. They said showers starting back up in late afternoon, but light and widely scattered. I can handle that! ;-)

30-Oct-21
Just after 9 my buddy had a small 6 pt chase a doe by his stand grunting the whole way! He said it happened quick.................they were there and gone in 30 seconds!

31-Oct-21
10 minutes after that I watched a doe get chased past a stand I was not in. My PM hunt was a lot quieter. Rain started at quitting time.

31-Oct-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I was in a stand yesterday evening near the blind I hunted Friday evening, but no deer appeared.............

Can’t wait to get back there in about 10 days! THANKS Art- was a great time hunting the farm with “the boys!” ;-)

01-Nov-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well I'm in my stand. Got here about 3. Only a few things to do this week. But I'm planning on hunting all week.

01-Nov-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Ok,, this was me Saturday night at the Salem Massachusetts Halloween Ball. First time in years I used my camo makeup.

01-Nov-21
I got a bear this morning. Never expected that. More info later.

01-Nov-21
Cool Art. Looking forward to the story

01-Nov-21
Congrats horsethief...

01-Nov-21
Congrats Art!

01-Nov-21
Saw a nice buck walk under my tree stand today, too bad I was in the stand across the field.

01-Nov-21
Congratulations Art!!

01-Nov-21

Sitting up on an oak ridge and saw a resident half rack early. About 7:50 heard something coming over my right shoulder and he stopped at 15 yards. I swiveled around while he was still walking and took the shot when he stopped. Arrow blew through both lungs and stuck in the ground. I was able to watch him kind of jog up to the ridge 60 yards to a logging road where he cut to the left and disappeared. Thought he just laid down but never heard the death moan. Gave him an hour before I went looking and couldn't find any blood. Started to second guess what I saw, until I saw him laying about 75 yards away. He followed the logging road for part of the way and went down right where Perry's buck crossed the road last year. Bled like a stuck hog the last 50 yards or so. I guess the long hair was soaking up some of the blood. Funny how not much of it hit the ground after a 4 blade broadhead went thru. He was a young male about 120 pounds and as long my side by side is wide.

01-Nov-21
About six years ago or so I shot a coyote followed by a bear a couple days later, just like this year. History repeating itself I hope, because that year I ended up with the triple trophy.

01-Nov-21
Bear with a bow in pa, good job congrats again..

02-Nov-21
Thanks guys.

02-Nov-21
Wow Art! I should have stayed one more day so I could have been there to help take pictures and get it out! Did you skin it in the barn like we were talking about on Sunday? ;-)

02-Nov-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Coldest morning i think we've had so far 37 at 6am. Supposed to be even cooler tonight and rest of the week. Surprisingly no rain in the forecast.

10 am, not seen a deer.

02-Nov-21
Very cool Art!! Congrats!!

02-Nov-21
What’s that back in the brush over your right shoulder? ;-)

But seriously...................................good luck Ed! You picked a good week!

02-Nov-21
Kewl beans, Art. Congrats!!

02-Nov-21
Congratulations Art!

02-Nov-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Sitting in my stand, my 1 oclock view.
Teeton's embedded Photo
Sitting in my stand, my 1 oclock view.
Evening sit, so far 2 deer off in the distance and about 12 Turkey.

02-Nov-21
Congrats Art.

02-Nov-21
Congrats Art.

02-Nov-21
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, And no Rut, hung him on the old porch/future stand. And hope your PM doesn't jinx it for me. LOL. I was sitting in the woods this morning thinking, how back in the early 90's we could not even hunt in November let alone hunt bears with a bow in archery season. I am sure some of you guys don't even remember not having 6 weeks, let alone 7 weeks to bow hunt. I know I have taken some nice bucks in November. I have to thank the UBP guys from the old days (back when I first joined and later when I was the office manager) for making all this possible.

02-Nov-21
Nice Art!

02-Nov-21
Congrats art!

02-Nov-21
That's very true horsethief. I remember in archery if you shot a doe you were done .. that was your deer for the year , thank you UPB.. , I remember those days end of October archery season was done 4 weeks.. we have alot of opportunity now..

02-Nov-21
Horesthief I remember those days as well. Started hunting PA in 81. Short bow season and the 3 day bear. Used to actually chase fall turkey, grouse and pheasant back then. Full camps during the entire gun season. Miss it some days. Congrats on the bear and good luck the rest of the season

03-Nov-21
Nice to see some "older guys" still hanging around here.

03-Nov-21
I got into hunting later in life after college. By the time I started, there was a 6 week season. But doe tags were issued by COUNTY, not WMU...........

03-Nov-21
Congrats on the bear Art! Heck of a cool thing to accomplish in PA with a bow!

03-Nov-21
Who you calling old??? ;)

03-Nov-21
Are you old if you remember the 2 week buck gun season and Monday antlerless? I spent a lot of time flintlock hunting because I couldn't draw an antlerless tag as an out of stater. Ohio didn't have much of a deer population then. Turkey was a draw tag! Come a long way since then. Good luck boys. It's just heating up!

03-Nov-21
Are you old if you remember the 2 week buck gun season and Monday antlerless? I spent a lot of time flintlock hunting because I couldn't draw an antlerless tag as an out of stater. Ohio didn't have much of a deer population then. Turkey was a draw tag! Come a long way since then. Good luck boys. It's just heating up!

03-Nov-21
Congrats Art on the bear.

03-Nov-21
Saw a non-legal buck about 6 this evening. He stopped to rake a sapling at about 35 yards, then walked off behind me.

03-Nov-21
I hunt the woodlot behind the house and tonight I got to see the buck that's been tearing up the place. It stepped out of the woods right where my son in law was supposed to be sitting. I threw loud grunts at it as it trotted 500yd across the field and entered a strip of trees. Big boy! Half hour later seven does are all around the empty stand. :) I got home and found out the buck was in my front yard and posed for the family. Figures.

04-Nov-21
Hunted Mon, Tue, Wed this week, Monday and Tuesday witnessed bucks running does hard, some shooters, just not in close enough or slow enough for a good shot. One small 5-6 point chased a doe down hill across from me, into a small creek below me left of my stand, doe ran down middle of shallow creek about 60 yards then jumped back on bank and ran back up hill. GET THIS!, about 20 minutes later a spike followed her scent trail down hill, into the creek which he followed where she got out. However, he exited the opposite side of the creek and came up the hill to me about 20 yards. I was just surprised he stayed on trail in the water.

04-Nov-21
3 little bucks while up in the "bear stand" this morning. Nothing this afternoon down by the swamp.

05-Nov-21
I remember the 2 week rifle buck season. Then 3 day of doe, Rick m flintlock hunting is darn fun , I like it better then archery...

05-Nov-21
At least when you let go of a bow string, the arrow takes off towards the target. LOL.

05-Nov-21
Yeah, I remember separate buck/doe seasons with the rifle.

Yeah, right Art???!!! I got pretty good with the flintlock years ago until one year I developed a flinch. Last time I used it I had 12 deer come out in front of me and got 2 shots off at less than 40y at 2 different deer and missed both. I remember thinking I could have easily made those shots with my bow. That's the last time I picked that pipe bomb! ;-)

05-Nov-21
Chise and I met Ed over in Armstrong county this morning to hunt a property along the Red Bank. Ed shot a nice 8 point with his Chise recurve bow at about 15 yards from a ladder stand around 9:15 and Chise used one of his recurve bows to take another 8 point from a blind 15 minutes later. They were only 100 yards apart. All I saw was a spike at 10 feet from a blind.

I will send pics when I get the.

05-Nov-21
Wow! That’s a great morning!

05-Nov-21
Horsethief that's what I use to think flintlock takes practice , I go to shoots all freehand , targets are all 15 to 80 yards. But in my years shooting archery is easier , but flintlock is a blast, I'm getting a custom 54 calibur flintlock built right now by a good gun maker, the swamped barrels make a big difference so does the lock, but your talking 2300 dollars for custom 300 to 500 for production flintlock. I have a good rest deer at 50 yards is dead.. extends your shot a little further then archery, but the guys I shoot with can hit a pie plate at 80 yards everything, they been shooting for years..

05-Nov-21
Bowhunter, flint is a ton of fun but I would kill more with the bow. I can shoot it accurate all day. I am 50-50 at best to get the dang thing to go off when hunting!!! Buddy in Brookville killed a big 7 point 2 days ago and then killed a 300 lb bear while he was dressing. Good day!

05-Nov-21
I hear ya Rickm , archery is alot easier alot can be wrong with flintlock, flint not sharp , not enough powder in the pan, touch hole closed with powder, hang fire, but I will tell you one thing when you harvest a deer with flintlock feels good.. got my first harvest last jan...

05-Nov-21
I hear ya Rickm , archery is alot easier alot can be wrong with flintlock, flint not sharp , not enough powder in the pan, touch hole closed with powder, hang fire, but I will tell you one thing when you harvest a deer with flintlock feels good.. got my first harvest last jan...

05-Nov-21
Bow, don't forget rain, or just damp. Honestly it is tougher than bow hunting with a compound. On par withe the stick bow.

05-Nov-21
Saw the nice six pointer at 5PM in Dan stand this evening. Then, about 6:10, a little 4 point was chasing a couple does around until dark.

05-Nov-21

Here are the successful hunters from this morning. 2 perfect shots. Well done fellas.

05-Nov-21
Congrats..

05-Nov-21
Way to go Chise and Ed!

06-Nov-21
Nice job guys.

06-Nov-21
Getting it done with real bows! Congratulations!

09-Nov-21

WickedWhitetails's embedded Photo
Shot this buck in 2A Nov. 3rd

10-Nov-21
WOW! That's a BRUISER! CONGRATS! : )

Just curious................................what part of 2A?

11-Nov-21
Thanks Beaver county

11-Nov-21
Wicked, nice buck, congrats.

11-Nov-21
Nice buck wicked!! I live in south beaver, but have been stuck in Maine all fall.

15-Nov-21

irishbow's embedded Photo
irishbow's embedded Photo
I had this one come in at 5:30 on 11/05. I set a stand on the edge of public land near my father-in-law's home. I shot him at around 20 yards. He was alone and not acting rutty. I heard him coming up a trail that two baldies had used earlier. Those two walked off the trail and behind me. I thought this one was going to do the same, but surprisingly he walked right into my shooting lane. Perfect setup. After the shot, he ran straight towards my father-in-law's house.

After a few minutes, I got down and checked the shot site. No blood! Been there before. I walked the trail to the house. As I walked behind the house, there was a red carpet on my path. I was excited to know he was dropping blood. A lot of blood. I quick scanned the direction the blood was headed. Not realizing the deer was lying five yard to my right in some trees, I completely overlooked him lying there. He died mere feet from the garage where we process deer.

This was my first deer with my new Bear Species bow that I bought earlier in the year. When I backtracked the bloodtrail, he ran right behind my father-in-law's stand, which he vacated 10 minutes prior to me shooting. Also, noticeable blood didn't start almost 20 yards away from the shot. It would've been a rough track if he didn't go the way he went.

• Sitka Gear