Ohio
Contributors to this thread:
DonVathome 01-Nov-21
cord62 01-Nov-21
DonVathome 02-Nov-21
Buckeye 02-Nov-21
DonVathome 10-Nov-21
01-Nov-21
It has been almost 30 years since I last attempted the small game opening day zoo - Grand River pheasant release. I am considering going to Spencer (Medina) opening day - Friday. Any idea how bad it is nowadays?

01-Nov-21
Hunted West Branch in late 80s and early 90s for opening day pheasants with good success. Plenty of birds and bunnies to be had for the persistent hunter. Shoulder to shoulder at first light making the fields a bit crazy and dangerous. Still fun, made it out alive. Ha. 2012 was about the last year I went back to West Branch for opening day birds, I had the place to myself, actually had to re check the hunting regs to make sure I had the right day. Go for it!! Keep us updated

02-Nov-21
Wow I figured it had got worse, interesting. I will post back. I always found rabbits as close the road as you can get - overlooked spots, kick out to a buddy waiting.

02-Nov-21
last time I went out to partake in the farm pheasants was 10 years ago. I counted 42 cars all hunting three fields. I never went back. I will pay a place to release some to keep the dog happy. this may be her last year.

10-Nov-21
It was not to crowded, a lot of guys but not bad, it could have been a lot worse. I plan to go again Thanksgiving day

• Sitka Gear