bentstick54 09-Nov-21
KSflatlander 10-Nov-21
One Arrow 10-Nov-21
03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:35am...

FFS

Had been on the road for two weeks and was chompin at the bit to be in the woods! Jumped in truck #1 and made it about 10mi when I get yet another dash light, and she's starts getting hot. Ran back and swapped everything to #2, so I finally just got set up.

I'm in basically an observation stand this morning N of Argonia, but I brought "Brandon the Boss" in case I need to coax one in from afar.

It's around 40° and wind from the ENE but very light. Let's see if they're up on their feet this morning.

03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:04am...

Young 8 just snuck in from my downwid side. Was apprehensive about Brandon and is circling way N now.

Couldn't get focused on him with the phone...just a deer.

03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Now he and a forky are chasing a couple doe's off to the SE

03-Nov-21
Good luck brother

03-Nov-21
Good luck Kyle!

03-Nov-21
Yep good luck

03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
9:17am...

Super heavy wide 8 just skirted me to the E. I grunted and he was coming, but hit the trail of the doe's from earlier and headed that direction.

This picture doesn't do him justice, hoping he swings back through...not a buck I'd shoot, but would like to see him up close.

03-Nov-21
Let’s go Kyle! And let’s go Brandon!

03-Nov-21
Nice to see you back in action Kyle! Good luck buddy.

03-Nov-21
Glad you made it back home to climb in a stand. I bet you hit the ground running so fast that you probably still have your DC Cooper money belt with cold hard cash still around your waste? Hope you “cash in” on a big gun today!

03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
9:47am...

Thanks fellas, good to be back in KS!

Number four for the morning here, goofy young 7pt. Came through my wind and went on N, he never saw Brandon and I didn't call to him.

I had rattled a few minutes earlier, not sure if it brought him my way or not honestly

03-Nov-21
Itching for some tree time myself!! Good luck….looks like an active morning!!

03-Nov-21
10:39 am...

Ha Jason. I shoulda gone "DB Cooper" on that flight! First time on Frontier and I gotta tell ya them seats ain't made for a Samsquanch like me!

Funny, my buddy and I won over 6k on slots in around 3hrs...I have a system ;)

Back at the truck, going to pull a few cards and try another spot tonight. Good luck all, and safe travels N Shane!

03-Nov-21
I've been seeing quite a bit of activity the last 3 days just driving back and forth to work. I'm itching to get in some hunting time myself just haven't had the time since I got back from Wyoming mule deer hunting. Maybe in a week or so.

Good luck and safe hunting Kyle.

03-Nov-21
Down feeding Cows NW of Attica deer were on their feet way past noon.

03-Nov-21
4:36pm...

Set up tonight NW of Harper in a little Woodlot, been here almost an hour screwing around with my GoPro...technical challenges.

Already had a doe and fawn come through E of me in the thick stuff.

45° or so, wind is very light, supposed to be SE but almost directly out of the W right now. It's just gonna have to work.

I was just E of Attica at noon Matte, saw nothing but sure a good day for movement overall.

03-Nov-21
5:10pm...

Tried to post that comment with a picture for 30min...no go

Had a pretty nice 10pt sneak in around 4:45. He postured, made scrapes, did several "wheeze's" but no "snort", out W of Brandon.

Got some good footage, will have to post later. He's moved on now, hoping his daddy swings by

03-Nov-21
Out here doing homework on the back porch. It sure feels “whitetailish” out.

03-Nov-21
6:17pm...

Rattled and caught movement coming in behind me...heavy 8. Then a doe came running in behind him and he followed, no pics of him.

I had heard them chasing out on ylthe wheat to my West, he was grunting so I thought I'd see if he'd swing this way...kinda worked.

She eventually came in directly behind and below my stand. Stared at Brandon for a few minutes and then wandered off to the East

03-Nov-21
6:48pm...

Basket 8 just swung through...he was headed right for Brandon but a truck coming down the road E of the property spooked him. Tried to get him on film and failed.

03-Nov-21
Welcome back. Sounds like you’ve hit the ground running. Should only get better from here on out.

03-Nov-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Even the Chinese are rooting for you!

Good luck!

03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thanks Brosephus's...here's a couple pics from tonight. I'll post the footage later

03-Nov-21
Welcome back Kyle, glad you are catching the action

03-Nov-21
That dude has some character

03-Nov-21
That one buck's posturing is more than worth the cost of the decoy.

You know, if you didn't drive rigs with 356,345,112 miles, you wouldn't have that "low coolant" crap as often! (I drive them until they drop, too. Fella can afford a lot of repair bills, and hunting gear, for what's saved in payments, insurance, taxes...

03-Nov-21
It’s getting good!!

03-Nov-21
Got a dang'ol "turkey foot" on the end of his right main beam. Here's the "lickin stick" from the spot I was on tonight...

03-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
and the "Arborist" is still around

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:26am...

On the ground this morning, SW of Argonia, you've been here many times. Wind is light but SW and will be picking up out of the S. Trying to attract anything working this corridor along the creek...it's around 45° and still overcast.

Mike is set up on my spot near Attica, hope they're moving as much or more than yesterday!

04-Nov-21
Take no prisoners!

04-Nov-21
Mike here. Sitting same stand that I killed my little 8 pt last year. Last year was a good kind of busy with work and moving into a new home, so I needed to punch my tag and remove that temptation to hunt. This year it's a Biggin or notta for me. Number one goal though is for my 10 year old Gabe to bag his first deer. He will be hitting it hard this weekend. So until then, let's see what happens.

04-Nov-21
Unfortunately I'm getting an error trying to post pix. Site thinks I'm an attacker...oh well. Pix later if anything worthwhile.

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Nothing stirring here yet, but Brandon it ready to GO!

04-Nov-21
go gettem' boys!

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:29am...

Was sitting here not paying attention and this little button buck came in trying to befriend Brandon. Was within 15' at one point...perty neat

04-Nov-21
9:44am...

Yesterday was non-stop action but today is just NON

It's lockdown ;?)

04-Nov-21
10:10am...

Three bucks at around 300yds to the NW. Spike, forky, and a good looking 8...all walking single file on the edge of the wheat.

I rattled to see if the older one might be interested but no, he looked but kept on their path. Huge bedding area up there, I think it's nap time.

04-Nov-21
Right after I typed that a 3yr old 7pt came through all bristled up. He walked right by the decoy, raked a bush, and just kept walking...odd. Didn't even have time to turn on the camera.

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
10:51am...

Button buck, forky, and a 5pt just paid a visit. The 5pt laid its ears back and headed towards Brandon but stopped short. Button is still here staring at me and chewing his cud.

04-Nov-21
Gettin rutty out there

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
11:10am...

and another 5pt, didn't stick around long

04-Nov-21
I start vacation tomorrow and have through the 15th. That is if I don’t get fired today from refreshing these live hunts non-stop. Lol! Thanks for posting them.

04-Nov-21
Well I'm down and out. Had half a spike in bow range, doe and twins 125yds out and two chases about 700yds out. Quiet morning for what is usually a happening spot this time of year. Only my first of many sits this year. Better action tonight hopefully.

04-Nov-21
11:58am...

Out, will see about something different tonight.

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:24pm...

All set here SE of Argonia, Mike and I are hunting the same farm tonight. He went in early and set a stand W of mine...I'm shaking off a nap.

Several new scrapes along this field edge walking in and bunches of tracks out on the new wheat. We both brought our HUD's for this hunt.

Wind has picked up, gusting to 15mph or so out of the S and it's around 55°...let's see what cometh

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:44pm...

That was quick...two doe's just came out onto the wheat 100yds S of me

04-Nov-21
Another doe joined on the wheat, and two more with a fawn feeding around down in the river bottom to my left.

The big doe that just entered the wheat is coming straight for my HUD...usually not a good sign

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:13pm...

Crazytown...

Count got to 15 doe's and fawns out front in the last 10min. The Matriarch finally had enough of the HUD and took'm South

04-Nov-21
Glad someone still has does… good luck back at you

04-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:13pm...

Yea, no shortage here. Ten of them are back out now

04-Nov-21
7:09pm...

I'd have sure thought with all those doe's there'd be a buck or two...wrong.

Manana

04-Nov-21
Following along, as always. Thanks for bringing us with you, Kyle.

04-Nov-21
Bucks shouldn’t be far away for to long. Enjoying following along.

05-Nov-21
7:01 AM…

Manana!

I’ll be out after ‘em for the next three days. Hoping for safe, and successful hunting for all of us!

05-Nov-21
Lots of action here in Chautauqua County so far this morning. I’ve already seen at least one mature buck.

05-Nov-21
Cool Kyler! I took the morning to catch up on a few things...planning on being out this afternoon. Mike is at my Attica spot and having some action, nothing close as far as bucks yet that I know of.

05-Nov-21
Kyle, your videos sure make a guy want to say the heck with work I gotta go huntin'.

Quick question on your use of Brandon. Do you have any trouble with him wanting to sniff the juvenile does? LOL

05-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:16pm...

Brandon has a "don't ask don't smell" policy buddy ;?)

Set up SE of Argonia on the ground tonight. This is the spot where the Big 6 lived last year, and for various reasons I stopped hunting the spot. Let's just say it ended with me winning a Hunter Harassment conviction and a Protection from Stalking order.

Anywho, this is my first hunt here this year and my camera has been on the fritz...no idea if he made it through last year. I'm in a little strip of willows and cedars across from a huge bedding area/river bottom riddled with plum thickets.

Right when I sat down I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my chest. Some kind of little ant had made it into my shirt and bit me. I'm telling you that 15min later it still hurts? It was black and that's about all I can tell ya, but never had an ant bite like this?

South wind is starting to die down a little, was gusting over 20 but will be under 10 by sundown. It's in the mid 50's now, and though I'd hoped it would stay overcast, the sun is full on right now.

I'll see deer tonight, just hope I see the "right one"!

05-Nov-21
Good luck have a state play off game to get to.

05-Nov-21
Yep good luck man

05-Nov-21
smell and tell ...... must have been what they did in Delaware elementary schools

05-Nov-21
Here we do show and tell.... come on Kyle show us a big bruiser

05-Nov-21
5:52pm..

Nothing out yet, but there's some sparring goin on in one of the thickets across from me.

Come out come out whatever you are!

05-Nov-21
6:39pm...

Young 8 just entered field 200yds S of me, and there's a doe & fawn out 300yds N...that's it so far

05-Nov-21
Let’s go brandon

05-Nov-21
7:07pm...

Not tonight, reckon I'll have to try again tomorrow

05-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I think this buck broke off his main beam on left side...same deer?

05-Nov-21
Yep….she gone!

06-Nov-21
7:35am...

At my Caldwell spot, connection issues, will post later...hopefully in blood

06-Nov-21
Good luck, all caught up now on my favorite thread of the year

06-Nov-21
"Let's just say it ended with me winning a Hunter Harassment conviction and a Protection from Stalking order."

Can you give a little detail on this?

06-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:44am...

Thanks and welcome back Conner, hope it's sunny and 75 in your world buddy! Hey Tom, I can, maybe more about that later when in a better cell.

I rattled in a "nub buck" at sunrise, seen nothing else. Mike and his boy Gabe are at my Attica spot and are seeing deer, nothing close yet. Would be a great day for another first!

06-Nov-21
A little detail…hell, I want to see the video of Sito kicking there a#%.

Deer are definitely moving in Miami County.

Good luck to you this year.

06-Nov-21
I probably would have shot the nub buck.

06-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
9:29am...

Thanks Ryan, there is and was a ton of video evidence. The Game Warden said it was one of the easiest cases he'd ever been involved with. No fights however.

I was sure thinkin they'd filter in to the timber from the wheat this morning...maybe I should leave the thinkin to someone else :?)

06-Nov-21
I want to see the video of Kyle not kicking the guy’s a€>.

Oh, wait, I did.

Well handled Kyle.

06-Nov-21
If it was anything like the video of when the guy shot his turkey decoy, it was well handled. "That's not the way this works, bud!"

06-Nov-21
11:26am...

Out. Gonna meet the boys for lunch. Good luck if you're after'm this weekend!

06-Nov-21
67 here today sito, fixing to climb on an open cabin tractor, drink beer and spray strawberries. Keep it coming!!!!!

06-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:31pm...

Gonna be dang near 67 here today too, and over 70 the next two days...boo!

I'm set up on the ground tonight in a bowl SE of Argonia...not far from my spot last night but neighboring farm.

Several fresh scrapes walking in, and a few small rubs. Never done any good in this spot, but always considered it a "sleeper"...we shall see.

Wind's picked up out of the S gusting to 20 or so but I've got a bunch of timber blocking the majority. Mike and Gabe are only a mile or so away...still hoping for a first!

06-Nov-21
I think we have some good luck coming our way after the nice W today!

06-Nov-21
7pm...

Still a "sleeper" spot, dead in fact. But yea we whooped'm again didn't we Chris!

06-Nov-21
Sorry I jinxed you! Get them tomorrow!

09-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:25am...

Went Crappie hunting Sunday, and had to catch up some "work stuff" yesterday. Not so hot on the fish, they were angry that day but kept 9.

So I'm set up this morning in the stand I killed my buck out of in 2018. Cut bean field with a big bank to the river behind me.

Hoping to catch a "cruiser"! Wind is light out of the NE, and it's around 50°...good to be alive.

09-Nov-21
go gettem!!

09-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:14am...

Thanks Travis. No movement, nothing on the beans so far, but this cool N wind sure feels good!

09-Nov-21
7:29am...

Big bodied buck about 300yds N and headed E. I rattled but not sure he could even hear me. Behind trees now...

09-Nov-21
Good luck drop one down before bird season.

09-Nov-21
8:40am...

Had to get down, got a little somethin I need to take care of. Back this afternoon, and I'll be chasin birds either way Matt ;?)

09-Nov-21

MBabs's embedded Photo
MBabs's embedded Photo
MBabs's embedded Photo
MBabs's embedded Photo
The little something Sito had to take care of. He's a pretty good photographer. Story to come later. Truck is a disaster, I smell of dead buck, and need to make sure no more of this dude's ticks are on me.

09-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Proud of ya buddy, helluva buck, and so glad you got that guy instead of someone else! It's a good story, you guys will appreciate I believe.

So it's almost 3pm and I'm fixin to head into my spot W of Caldwell. Gonna be on the ground under a cedar I cut out a month ago or so...and I'm taking Brandon...let's go!

09-Nov-21
Hell yeah boys congrats! That's a flat giant!

09-Nov-21
Good looking deer...congrats Mike.

09-Nov-21

Land_Owner's embedded Photo
Wanton Waste
Land_Owner's embedded Photo
Wanton Waste
Nice job Team Shito

Wanton waste anyone

Y’all too busy trespassing to harvest it right?

Scared to get bloody.

Real sporting guys!

Two sides to every Shito tail fan club.

09-Nov-21
Roger, the deer was shot last night, we salvaged what we thought was still edible. Now you're trespassing and you just provided proof. Expect a visit from KDWP

09-Nov-21
Someone has a stalker! Congrats on the deer Mike….he’s a nice one

09-Nov-21
Everyone who has archery hunted long enough has a case where a deer needs to lay overnight. I'm sick about it and hate to not cleanly harvest an animal. My arrow stayed in that deer through his entire death march. So blood was sparse. Recovery was impossible without the aid of a dog or just plain "luck". 16 hours from shot to recovery, with temps in the 60's, and the arrow punctured gut to boot. Warm, meat and it didn't pass the smell test. It sucks. Things don't always go perfect in this sport.

09-Nov-21
Wow Shito guess your scared to get bloody..... So much for the purist deer hunter. The potential sponsors will love that one!

09-Nov-21
We took the backstraps, everything else felt warm, and it didn't get below 50 last night. It wasn't what either of us had hoped for but unfortunately these things can happen.

Most of these guys know me, and they know my ethics. Sadly they have learned yours as well. The Protection from Stalking order isn't a joke Roger, and you're going to understand that very soon.

09-Nov-21
You did not have permission to retrieve that deer before it was even shot. When you hit the property line you should’ve turned around. Buy some ground and stay on it. Then you might know how the neighbors feel. Cheap worthless freeloader.

09-Nov-21
You're way off bud, and you know it, and you've proved it. My family has owned that ground for dang near 100yrs. Your picture is from our side of the property line, at least 75 yds...that will take some explaining.

09-Nov-21
Your family couldn’t remember your name and in the last love note you left you didn’t even know how to spell it correctly. 100 yrs lol. Well you know where you found that deer then don’t you. Stay off our property! All of it.

09-Nov-21
Ha, they know me, and they all know you...dang near the whole county knows you and your problems. We'll just see ol'boy

09-Nov-21
Well this is fun

09-Nov-21
wow this is intense where did this come from who is land owner

09-Nov-21
Shit I’m getting my popcorn! This is better than any Jerry Springer episode!

09-Nov-21
The dark side of deer hunting from all angles. Too bad the deer got wasted, but Sito is a top notch hunter.

09-Nov-21
Nice try Roger, ever heard of an ip address? Trust me the prosecutor will fill you in

09-Nov-21
Someone is using double handles….lol

09-Nov-21
Awesome buck it would have been a #1 on my hit list for this year for sure. Probly the biggest buck I have seen from that area. Now the important question Sneak, full sneak, looking left or right? Cant wait to see the mount. Losing the meat sucks but if you hint long enough it happens.

09-Nov-21
Dandy buck! It’s unfortunate about the meat, but don’t beat yourself up over it. None of it really goes to waste. The critters of the woods will certainly be thankful for it! :)

09-Nov-21
Zack, I'm pretty sure you're involved here too...should have thought that through. We know Roger can barely formulate a sentence, so someone else typed out some of these posts. You can try and delete but I've already screen shot everything, I'll explain that to you later as well.

Gonna be a shame to watch you crying again in court.

09-Nov-21
Shito how about some corn for dinner since you got no meat?

09-Nov-21
Shito how about some corn for dinner since you got no meat?

09-Nov-21
Pretty sure the only one crying in court so far has been you. Afraid of old folks, really???

Didn’t the judge tell you not to talk about the neighbors?? Screen shots really, I need to teach you you how to use a computer too.

09-Nov-21
Sad, you're sad John, the whole thing is sad. Couple fellas that haven't ever killed anything without a failure pile of corn...jealous of guys who hunt like men.

I caint really help ya on that.

09-Nov-21
No I mean literally crying, you remember, and again...the outcome of those cases was?

09-Nov-21
You can’t beat this for entertainment, folks!

09-Nov-21
Some of this needs to be in PM.

Mr. Babin I’m still waiting on the story that I know you were wanting to tell. I know you feel bad but rise above this. Trust me I did something that wasn’t good up there but I had to get it out so it maybe could help somebody else out if they ever found their selves in that situation. Now this looks like a deer to shoot...but maybe the shot went a little wrong which I know all about that too. Would love to hear about the hunt on this deer and what transpired. Love to hear what is happening with people and what their thinking right before the shot so it might help me with my shot selection in the future.

09-Nov-21
How about you two pieces of sh**get off of our website and Sitos fun thread that we all love to read. Kyle has given more back to the hunting community than anyone I know and your taking away from Mike's amazing trophy and day... But maybe that's what your trying to do. I wish you would take your crap elsewhere!

09-Nov-21

MBabs's embedded Photo
His approach and retreat.
MBabs's embedded Photo
His approach and retreat.
MBabs's embedded Photo
Him at 52 yards. And no on that shot distance. 40 yds is my self imposed max range.
MBabs's embedded Photo
Him at 52 yards. And no on that shot distance. 40 yds is my self imposed max range.
Details of hunt. About 5:30 he popped out from South next to some yearling twins. He was twice their size so I knew he had to be good. One peak in binos from 150 out, I confirmed he was a shooter.

At this point his head was down feeding. Two quick grunts and he locked onto the decoy 35 yds out front of me. He came in on a string. Ears pinned down, bristled up, and comimg to put little Scarface in his place. He was less than 20 yds when I anticipated him to continue to the shooting lane visible in the marked up photo for a chip shot. But alas, he stopped. I'm holding full draw waiting for a couple more steps that never came.

Instead this guy jumped back away from the decoy and went back the way he came, stopping at 52 yards for what seemed an eternity. I figured I'd at least take a couple pix and grainy film to account seeing something good.

He dropped down into a bowl from the wheat field, presumably out of my life, and just another oh so close moment with a great Kansas buck. Had to try something, so I hit the grunt tube followed by a snort wheeze. Only about 5 mins legal light at this point. I heard slow, deliberate steps behind the stand, but there is really only one small gap and shooting lane. With the drop off I'm probably 25 feet up, and just over 20 yards away.

To my amazement he came to the gap. I simultaneously stopped him with my best mouth grunt, while drawing. Quick realization of the steep angle, I aimed a bit higher than normal and hugged the shoulder, and sent it. He did a 180, and I could see my lighted nock going with him.

After recovering today, he was quartering to me much more than I realized in limited light. Questionable shot in hindsight, but I really thought he was nearly broadside. 450 grain arrow, at 275 ft/s, tipped with Grim Reaper mini mag hit just behind shoulder, angling down and back exited out far side gut doing all sorts of nasty things to his vitals in between. Honestly I have no qualms about the shot placement. It went right where it needed to go for his position. Arrow stayed in him through about 800 zig zagging yards through some nasty thick stuff all the to the river where we recovered this morning with the help of tracker. There was very little blood, only smears on tall grass every 20-40 yds until the river, which I believe is the only spot he ever stopped. No way we find him without help of dog.

09-Nov-21
On second thought, maybe I’ll just stick to hunting public land.

09-Nov-21
It was a great hunt Mike, and a great buck, earned!

I sat a stand on the other side of the river this morning, we'd already communicated about the hit and tracker. At first light I looked over my right shoulder and saw a green light on the edge of the river, I honestly thought it was a trail cam or other surveillance set up on the property line with this character. My intent was to go and check it out when I got down, then I got a message that the tracker was on his way so I packed up and headed over to meet them. It was the nock.

16' up I'd remembered a time when this person would see me in this stand, park at our entrance, and wait for me to come out and we'd shoot the s***. We talked every time I was down there and saw each other, on the road, at the edge of a field, at his cabin. I remembered taking him elk meat, halibut from AK, letting him use a trail cam for a season as he'd never had one at that point. I was sitting in a stand I'd let his nephew hunt(he's on here too), in fact I believe he killed a nice 10pt out of that very stand? I thought about the times I'd walked across that river in the dark to get to a stand this person had set up on our property. I'd found it and I told him it was ok, but I was also going to hunt it....we were friends

I never changed. I just want to hunt, and I will.

09-Nov-21
Great story, very nice buck. I have had similar experiences, unfortunately! But where I hunt there would be nothing left by morning, too many yotes.

Kyle, everyone here knows how much you give back to our passion, especially the kids. Remember, that is why we help you out when we can. You make most of us look self-centered. Keep up the good work, and I feel your pain. It has really slowed down on my farm. Best wishes.

09-Nov-21
Congrats on a heckuva buck babs!

09-Nov-21
Congrats on a great buck. Sorry it turned out the way it did, but glad you found him, and salvaged what you could. I’ve been there myself.

10-Nov-21
Sito reached out to me years back and offered to pay for my membership to the KBA. That says a ton about his character.

The character I have seen here from “land-owner” says everything about him. Someone needs to get a life. I despise dudes like this. Anyone who would stand in the way of a guy recovering a deer is a POS.

Congrats on a nice buck.

10-Nov-21
Understand trying to save the meat, but I’d have a hard time eating those back straps if they laid overnight in 50 plus degree weather. It sucks. I’ve asked countless butchers/processors and it really needs to be below 40 degrees if left more than a few hours. I’m no expert though, just passing along what I’ve been told.

I left a buck overnight last year in much cooler weather and I didn’t even get to see the meat the next morning. Coyotes licked the carcass clean... never seen anything like it. Still pissed about it.

Gonna be honest, the amount of hate and snide comments I’ve seen on this site in the past couple weeks turns my stomach.

As a landowner I understand the feeling of learning of a buck you’ve watched killed over a corn pile by a neighboring “hunter”... pisses you off. Still can’t do anything about it.

As a landowner, I also understand the feeling of learning of a buck you’ve watched killed by someone who actually gave a dang and hunted... pure joy for the other fellow. Maybe a little jealousy, but still happy for the other guy.

Rather than make yourself look foolish on a public forum... Best thing you can do is go complain to a best friend and keep your emotions to yourself. Last piece of advise and I say this with a pure heart... get over it dbag.

• Sitka Gear