Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
pronghorn21 03-Nov-21
cnelk 04-Nov-21
pronghorn21 04-Nov-21
RT 04-Nov-21
pronghorn21 05-Nov-21
03-Nov-21
If a youth gets a doe archery tag for unit 11 they then can hunt the entire DAU for all of the other seasons until they get their doe. As a result they can then can hunt units 11,12,13, 22, 23, 24, and 211. So for example in 3rd rifle, they can then hunt all of those units to get their doe. Conversely, if a youth gets a doe tag for Unit 13 for 3rd rifle can they too hunt all of the units in the DAU? In other words can they hunt 11, 12, 13, 22, 23, and 24?

04-Nov-21
Your answer is on page 17 - 18of the Regs

04-Nov-21
I know what page it's on but it's not as clear as it could be. If I read those pages I would conclude that the kid who purchases a Unit 13 3rd rifle doe tag can go hunt the entire DAU just like the kid who purchased a Unit 13 DE archery tag but didn't get a deer who now wants to hunt 3rd rifle.

04-Nov-21
They can hunt in any open antlerless season and unit within the red boundary of which their license is included. If you look through each unit in the regs and see that there is a unit open for antlerless, you're good to go. Looks like 4th rifle is the last chance to get something this year in the units you mentioned. Nov 24th-28th but only in a specific area of the units.

05-Nov-21
After asking several Colorado parks and wildlife offices it's a consensus that a kid cannot go all over the is the DAU for the current season they have a tag for. They have to wait until the next season to go all over the DAU if they didn't get a doe. I told them that's a law that wasn't thought out very well and that they need to change it. I said next year my son will just apply for a muzzleloader doe tag. The reason it's a not well thought out law is because he's not going to go muzzleloader hunting and we'll go either 2nd or 3rd rifle but by buying a muzzle loader tag it now makes his 2nd or 3rd rifle hunt an entire DAU hunt instead of just for that unit. This sucks it for the guy who wanted to just buy a dotag for muzzle loader or I could just have Micah apply for and either sex artery tag. There's no way he could go archery hunting yet even though he wants to because he's not strong enough to pull back anything more than about 25 to 30 pounds. If I did that it would screw up an archery hunter guy or gal who really wanted that tag.

• Sitka Gear