Bowhunter 11-Nov-21
Rickm 11-Nov-21
Bowhunter 11-Nov-21
Bowhunter 12-Nov-21
horsethief51 12-Nov-21
horsethief51 12-Nov-21
Bowbender 14-Nov-21
06-Nov-21
Another cold morning. Only saw a couple does with no bucks chasing them. A doe is in the field next to my house right now (1:15). Heading out in a little while. Good luck and try to be patient (I keep telling myself.)

06-Nov-21
Well i saw a decent buck just about noon. 50 yds kinds thick, and only for 20 seconds.

06-Nov-21
They sure weren't moving here like last evening. Nice sunset and the bowhunter's moon was setting after that. First weekend without other hunters here. Oh, but Rut and the (3) other guys (2 without buck tags will be here Wednesday evening. Reviewed several weeks of trail cam pics from Dan's stand and there are at least 3 legal bucks down there, plus lots of does. Looking forward to a little bit milder weather this week.

06-Nov-21
Yea went out tonight after work only thing chasing in 1a was squirrels and chimpmunks all afternoon. No deer..

06-Nov-21
Yea the older I get the milder archery hunts are nice.. 26 degrees up in a tree is cold... I'm heading to oil city early Monday morning looks to be close to 60 degrees monday.

06-Nov-21
Wind was wrong this evening so son in law and I got a little proactive and went into the woodlot from opposite ends and still hunted toward each other. I saw several tails and a wide racked buck headed his way. :) Things were about to get interesting.

He was nearly full draw with his recurve on the lead doe when he saw the buck bringing up the rear. Target animal changes quickly when a nice buck shows up! That's when the whole bunch of 8-10 deer took off for the field. No shot. Boy, was he wound up! Awesome hunt!

07-Nov-21
Can't wait to go out this week with a couple less layers on and a few less hand warmers in my pockets. LOL.

07-Nov-21
Son saw a real good buck last night. Last week, Wednesday thru Friday, saw a few buck and some doe. Did pass on a small six. I was tempted though. He walked under my ladder stand, sniffed and licked where I took a leak, then gave me a perfecting quartering away shot at 13 yards. I thought "Please don't do that!!" lol. He just wandered off into the thick stuff.

07-Nov-21
I finished caping out the skull from my bear today and the hide is in really nice shape. (Its been on ice.). I am looking for someone who wants the bear and/or coyote (which is in tact and in the freezer, bear is too now.) PM me if anyone is interested. Coyote would make a nice quiver.

08-Nov-21
Didn’t see many deer around the house this weekend and no bucks. Thinking they were probably locked down with a hot doe. Hopefully they start moving again later in the week looking for a receptive doe! I’ll be back in a stand Thursday, Lord willing! ;-)

08-Nov-21
Saw a half rack out of Dale's blind around 7:50. Frost was on the pumpkin again but it was not in 20's.

08-Nov-21

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
This is a NY buck, but I'm from PA and could practically see PA where I shot him....he was cruising this morning. He responded to my grunt calling, there had been a coupler smaller bucks harassing does in the same area earlier in the morning.

08-Nov-21
Way to go Gene.

08-Nov-21
Got a big ol slick head this am. No bucks seen this day. Has been a fun couple of weeks my brother got an big old 7 point with a droptine. Had a dandy buck at 45yds last thursday thats twice as far as i will shoot a lot of time yet. TD.

08-Nov-21
Saw 1 small buck today at 12 30, up in 2f Venango county..

09-Nov-21
Nice buck Gene!

09-Nov-21
Had a doe at 25 yards on a trail looking at me about 9 AM. After a few long minutes two more does crossed the trail as did the big one. I could see a little buck following but he turned and walked straight away from me before crossing the trail.

09-Nov-21
Another beautiful evening in a tree stand in WPA! Hunted a hollow below my barn. A mature doe ran down the hill on my left and stopped suddenly right in shooting range with her nose in the air. I was hoping she was being tailed by a buck, but no such luck. She then hung around for a half hour, waking back and forth in front of me and looking back up the hill where she came from. She finally ran off down the hollow.

10-Nov-21
No deer this morning, but. Found a brand new scrape on my way out this morning at our food plot!, only 20 yards from the blind. Moved the camera so it can catch some pictures . Guess where I will be this afternoon. LOL. Perry is coming. He can bring me some good luck.

10-Nov-21
LOL! I’ll BRING IT Art.................but you probably won’t need it! I expect to get a call on my way out there in a couple hours...................”BIG BUCK DOWN!”

Remember the last time that happened?! : )

10-Nov-21
Anyone seeing any rut activity ? Thinking warm tempatures got them doing there stuff at night... my brother put up a ground blind Sunday afternoon monday morning there was a rub 5 yards from it buck was there either Sunday evening or in the dark..

10-Nov-21
My neighbor's Angus beef on the hoof got lose behind my blind and were raising Cain for the last hour this evening. No deer for me.

10-Nov-21
Son watched a 3 point harassing two doe this evening. Really haven't seen much chasing yet.

11-Nov-21
Seeing a lot of small bucks making scrapes like crazy. No chasing activity. Some nice bucks have been taken though. Came Home yesterday and a big racked buck is walking up past the houses. With twenty some treestands above the house how can you blame him?

11-Nov-21
Everything seems late this year. Leaves just started dropping at my house in NE Ohio. Camp was a little ahead in Forest county but not much.

11-Nov-21
Forest county I'm on germin hill , think we met here before rickm .. I was up there hunting this past Monday saw 1 small buck, brother been up there all week , he's seen 4 deer ..

11-Nov-21
A friend told me once you gotta be in a treestand on Veterans Day. My arrow almost blew off my longbow a couple times this evening. Way too windy. El zippo on the deer.

11-Nov-21
Shawn, I am in West Hickory, on the river just North of West Hickory Creekacross from 62. Neighbors both killed bucks 3rd week in October then it shut down. I started hunting at 12 with Tom Greenly who owned Forest County Sports in Tionesta. Also learned to Fly fish from him. Good man and good memories.

11-Nov-21
Yea have some good memories up there at our hunting camp been hunting up there since I was 13. My dad bought the camp in 1985..

11-Nov-21
Remember back in day could see a herd of 30 deer ..

11-Nov-21
30 deer and looking for a spike!! Didn't matter they would get bumped back around again. My grandfather built the original camp in 67. Ill be up for gun. Keep in touch.

11-Nov-21
Me too, we will be at camp for gun season too.. yea keep in touch..

12-Nov-21
It's dead on here lately where's everyone at mostly horsethief? Hopefully this cold front coming in makes Saturday a good day, I can only hunt from 4 till dark after work, but sometimes that's all it takes..

12-Nov-21
Thursday morning, Rut and I went across the creek to Armstrong County with Ed and Chise. We saw deer and bucks. The guy that got the nicest buck the Friday before, saw 5 bucks including 2 legal ones. Fun time. No meat. In PM, Dan made it in time to get into the woods. All saw does.

12-Nov-21
This morning, Chise didn't feel well and went back to bed. 3 of us hunted hill tops in AM. Dan saw a half rack and 2 does. Rut saw a spike and a porcupine down in the hollow. In PM, Chise passed up a close shot at a big doe that had two fawns. I saw a big buck finally at 30 yards in thick stuff, then a 3 point (nose to the ground) tailing a doe right before dark. Dan saw 4 bucks and 8 does down below the barn near the swamp. All were acting calmly and natural. We had fun.

14-Nov-21
Worse rut for me in a number of years. Not sure if it was the warmer weather, or the farmer working the 130 acres for part of the first week and all of last week. The part of the farm I hunt is small benches and ridges that drop to a creek or the river. Buck are always chasing doe around in there. Seemed to dry up around the 4th. Even doe sightings dropped significantly. Oh well...was due for an off season.

• Sitka Gear