Nyati 08-Nov-21
wells118 08-Nov-21
Nyati 09-Nov-21
Nyati 09-Nov-21
Babysaph 09-Nov-21
Babysaph 09-Nov-21
Big-Otis-Jeff 09-Nov-21
08-Nov-21
I shot a deer saturday and my arrow clipped a limb sending the arrow left and low. after watching the deer run off i picked up my binos to watch him and noticed my broadhead sliced his abdomen open and his guts were hanging out. the deer was in bad shape and was struggling to walk. I tracked the deer a couple hundred yards and backed out. when returning a few hours later the deer had only gone another 100 yards past where I stopped. I could hear him shuffling through the woods, he couldnt run at all. I left him over night and looked the whole next day and lost blood shortly after the spot I heard him the night before. what are the odds this deer dies? the arrow didnt hit the guts just sliced him open enough for them to basically hang to his knees.

08-Nov-21
It’s dead Peritonitis and sepsis is not a pleasant death. Hopefully coyotes got to him and provided a quick death . A tracking dog could have helped locate him

08-Nov-21
I hated the fact that it happened the way it did. I spent a solid 12 hours or more searching every thicket I could think of. but in the back of my mind I was thinking he wouldn't want to go into something too thick with his guts almost dragging the ground. he also never bedded down that I could tell. I wish I knew a dog tracker, I also thought it was illegal to use tracking dogs in wv for some reason.

09-Nov-21
It happens to everyone if they hunt long enough. WV made it legal to use tracking dogs in the last couple years. There’s certain criteria that has to be met. There’s several people throughout the state offering the service with impressive results . It’s a special training procedure for tracking dogs

09-Nov-21
Longspur tracking

09-Nov-21
100 percent

09-Nov-21
It happens but we have all been there. Other creatures have to eat too. Just look at it like that

09-Nov-21

Big-Otis-Jeff's embedded Photo
Big-Otis-Jeff's embedded Photo
Call Shon Butler with longspur tracking

• Sitka Gear