bentstick54 09-Nov-21
One Arrow 10-Nov-21
Darrell 10-Nov-21
MDW 10-Nov-21
writer 10-Nov-21
KSBOW 11-Nov-21
Darrell 16-Nov-21
09-Nov-21
So I bought my deer tag yesterday on the app. I know its late but after spending the time and energy I did on my elk hunt, I'm just now getting in the game for whitetails.

My question is without a tag, what do I do if I shoot something? I've looked on their website but haven't found an explanation. Sure its there somewhere but figure someone here can point me to the right place easier than I can find it. Won't be able to hunt until Saturday and even then the odds are against me since I've lost my places to hunt and have to hit public properties.

09-Nov-21
There is a harvest report section inside of your dashboard in the app. You have to enter some information and then submit a photo of it in the app and you are done.

09-Nov-21
And 1 of the ladies at the Wichita KDWP office told me that had to be done at the kill sight just like the paper tag before you can legally move the deer. I stuck with the paper tag due to poor cell reception in some places I hunt.

10-Nov-21
I’ve thought about this a lot this year, my first year trying it... and I’m an over thinker.

They really need to make those electronic tags with a printable temporary option until you can get to cell service or recharge batteries if needed. It be pretty easy to do.

10-Nov-21
I figured that was the case but was hesitant to hit harvest report since I haven't done anything yet. :) In hindsight, I kind of wished I had run into Walmart and bought a green tag. Not too worried about it, however, as I've hunted 22 years in KS now and have never been checked by a game warden. I've always been legal and make sure I am but have never been checked. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even been checked on my fishing license either.

Been checked numerous times in NM & CO.

I wonder how this is going to work at meat lockers. Again, doesn't matter to me as I cut up my own but its strange that they don't have it spelled out clearer on the website. Maybe they do someplace, but I haven't found it.

10-Nov-21
We have to have the hunters permit number and the confirmation number after the kill is registered.

10-Nov-21
In past years, the photos would hold us until we got to where we could register the animal.

I was surprised how easy it was for us last year, shooting deer in a place in Elk County with spotty cell coverage.

11-Nov-21
It has been great for me as well, no problem with one bar of coverage in most areas I hunt. So handy there are days that wallet stays in my console but always have phone on me or in pack.

16-Nov-21
Well, guess what? I got checked last night. First time in 22 years of hunting in KS. Digital tags worked fine. Can't believe I posted a comment about never seeing a warden only to get checked for the first time. :)

• Sitka Gear