bentstick54 30-Nov-21
Kansan 30-Nov-21
ksq232 30-Nov-21
ksq232 30-Nov-21
sitO 30-Nov-21
10-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Gonna get back to the reason for the season here...I'll handle the other in person.

So I hunted last night, though somewhat distracted. Saw several doe's and two bucks. One was a clean 10, but young and never close enough for even video. They snuck in behind me and one of the older doe's busted me. Not a good picture, but he's in the middle.

Set up this morning NW of Argonia, major travel route. Have hunted it a couple times this season, and had quite a few sightings.

I've got Brandon set up, rubbed a little tarsal gland from Mike's buck on his hocks...we're ready to go.

Wind is SE at maybe 10mph and it's around 50° again. Chance of rain this afternoon so maybe they'll be moving.

Good luck if you're out-of-doors...have fun and be well!

10-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:41...

First visitor this morning, young but good looking 7pt. He's just hanging around trying to figure out Brandon's "deal"

10-Nov-21
Good luck

10-Nov-21
7:55am...

Have had a spike and then a young basket 8pt pass through in last 30min. Glassed a huge buck about 350yds N, can't get on him with the camera, didn't respond to rattling or grunt tube. I think he's got a doe pinned down up there.

10-Nov-21
Sounds like they’re on the move this morning!

10-Nov-21
9:54am...

Waited as long as I could for the buck to move but he wasn't budging. Went back to truck, grabbed HUD, and headed up to try and lure him in.

As suspected he was with a doe, and I didn't do a great job with landmarks, busted.

He's a big 5 on the right, real heavy and chocolate horned...not as good on his left. Hopefully I'll get a pic or two of him on my camera here.

10-Nov-21

Sand man's embedded Photo
Note the arrow sticking from his back..
Sand man's embedded Photo
Note the arrow sticking from his back..
Looking back to last season I feel fortunate, I hit my deer from 30’ up and 9 yards from the stand. He came through the bottom of the creek after circling to try to wind the grunt and bleat he heard from my position. I’m a little confused about 1 thing. I always hit high when I have a step shot angle, thus I aim where I want the arrow to exit on the other side of the deer. Why aim high?

Mine went 50 yards and dropped cold dead. Amazing how a steep shot is a game of fractions of inches...

Your deer is a great specimen that anyone would be proud of. Congrats.

10-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:39pm...

Thanks Kyle, I know Mike appreciates that!

I'm in a stand this afternoon I've only sat once this year...we call it "Roots". I've mentioned it before as this is the property my great grandparents raised their family. My grandfather ran this creek shootin squirrels, rabbits, and a few quail. One of those "dad gave us each five shells/bullets and we'd better bring home dinner!" stories.

The small creek, to my West, runs dry a lot...it is today. The field out front never got planted, but cut beans to the E and S.

Sprinkled pretty much my whole nap...I think...but no moisture at the current time. We'll see if those storms get me. Wind is SW but should switch to NW and pick up to 20mph gusts. Mid 50's and they oughta be moving tonight...reckon I'll find out.

10-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:16pm...

Single doe and her fawn just stepped out from creek area and came to inspect the HUD. Not interested, turned back into timber, headed to beans S of me that were cut yesterday.

10-Nov-21
Nothing stirring in my neck of the woods yet. It feels like a great evening to be out other than the temp is a little higher than desirable. Good luck!

10-Nov-21
Agree Zach, of course I really thought they'd be moving this morning too. I need to stop overthinking and just enjoy the moment I reckon...lots worse things we could be doing!

This property was one of several 80's my family owned around here in early 1900's. The way I remember it being told each kid got one, maybe more than 80. The property Mike shot his buck on, and where we recovered him, is one of those 80's.

10-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:57pm...

Had a bit of action at last light here. The doe and fawn came back out in front, then this guy came a runnin from way North.

He's a great buck, tight but heavy. He ran the doe around a bit but then came right under my stand...perty neat

10-Nov-21
Nice encounter. Always fun when you have them that close. Then again, I would have broke down and taken the shot if it presented itself. My standards aren’t nearly as high as yours.

10-Nov-21
He's better than I had originally thought, never grabbed the bino's and I can't see as well as I used to!

Some footage from the last week, did get a little of the buck this morning at the cedar too, it's towards the end.

10-Nov-21
Good stuff. That last buck at Roots looked big and fat. Sure looked to be very mature, at least 4 from that footage...agree or did you see different?

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:32am...

Want to thank all those who gave their all to provide us with the ability to live FREE!

That buck was a lot better than I had initially thought. Yes old, and not so "tight" and surely heavy...great deer. From the moment I saw him he just didn't "trip a trigger" so on he walks.

I'm at my Attica spot this morning, brought Brandon. Set up on another travel route in hopes that they're running or seeking. Beans to my NE, creek to my W, pasture and CRP surrounds.

Wind is light NW right now but to be gusting above 20 by 10am...it's 40°...go

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:45am...

Had high hopes for this stand, but pretty much always do. Nothing moving til just now...

Little firk horn was coming from the East all bristled up, ears back...then hit hit my scent and locked up. Didn't blow but stomped on North

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:52am...

Dang it I love this stuff! Had three different bucks within 100yds in five minutes, all looked like 3.14159yr olds.

The best of the three was approaching from the SE, I hit the grunt tube and he started tearing up a scrape. A couple minutes later he looked to be headed my way but turned N and I lost him behind some trees.

I turned around and this basket 8 was out front posturing for the deke. He made a scrape right in the open there and then headed East.

Not a minute later here comes a nice 8, acted like he didn't even see Brandon? Finally I grunted and he locked on to him. He never came to the decoy, just stood at 45yds for 3-4min unsure of what to think.

Knew this stand would be good today...kinda ;?)

11-Nov-21
God bless our veterans!

Good luck, Kyle!

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
9;26am...

Just rattled in this...heck I don't know what it is

11-Nov-21
Your have the bucks, I’d wondered where they went. Only does here this morning.

11-Nov-21
We’ll he’s certainly… interesting…

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
10:09am...

They're shrinking.

He's got a jacked up "grill"

11-Nov-21
Quite an overbite, he needs to go see a dentist or plastic surgeon. Looks a bit like an anteater.

11-Nov-21
11:27am...

My first thought too Mark, anteater!

I debated whether to stay, come back, or hit another spot tonight. Wind is supposed to really pick up from NW, so I'm going to try another farm tonight...pretty good day so far!

11-Nov-21
2:33pm...

Up from a nap and headed into spot NW of Harper. No service there as I remember ...maybe it just pics I can't post. No matter, taking the B and hoping the action is at least half what it was this morning.

Wind is still NW but gusting dang near 30mph now, warmed up to almost 60° ...let's go B

11-Nov-21
4:25pm...

Just rattled in three doe's and a fawn...that's not how any of this is supposed to work

11-Nov-21
5:58pm...

Another doe and two fawns right under me towards last light, and that's that

11-Nov-21
Hey…..still got your tag for future use! But you usually do….lol

11-Nov-21
Oh yea, it's early man! Git some other good news today, all in all a great day really

11-Nov-21
Good news is always good news. Lots of hunting time left.

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
100% Brian, here's a couple pics from tonight.

11-Nov-21
Enjoying your trip Kyle and digital deer are much more interesting than fractional ones.

11-Nov-21
Uh oh. Spotted lol.

11-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
It was funny Brian, she looked right at me, and stared...but they all just walked off to the S

This buck showed up yesterday, same spot I hunted this morning, but not one of those I saw. Hard to tell much about him

12-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:25am...

Back at my spot SE of Argonia where Mike got his buck earlier this week. I'm several hundred yds West of that stand, and on the ground under a cedar.

Good travel route out front, set the Hud out there for now but the high winds later will force me to move it or take it down.

It's out of the NW and supposed to gust above 40mph today...I won't be here for that. Short morning hunt today then headed West. Was 40° at the truck.

12-Nov-21
Good luck!

12-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:21am...

Three doe's, a fawn, and a spike buck came through so far. Wind has really picked up...gonna give it 30

12-Nov-21

NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
Is this a camera?

12-Nov-21
Good luck on the cockbirds and bobwhites this weekend!

12-Nov-21
Thanks Kyler, in Colby at Twisters waitin on the Sunrise ;?)

Yessir Tom, that's the GoPro

15-Nov-21
6:54am...

My name's Kyle...and I'm a hunt-aholic

That's the first step right? Set up this morning on my Caldwell spot. Wheat's finally starting to come up here but the neighbors is already 6-8". Hoping to catch them coming in from feeding or on the travel route W of me.

Got Brandon out front, and packed food for an all-day if there's action that warrants such. Wind is SW and light, should pick up as the day progresses...it's around 40° but will be 70° by afternoon. Ready...ok...

15-Nov-21
Get it done, enjoy the beautiful morning

15-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:11am..

First visitor is a tall spike that's broken off on one side. Hung around with Brandon for a bit and headed off to the S

15-Nov-21
8:34am...

Great big'ol 8 came from the NW and skirted me to the W. Grunted at him and he'd stop and look...same with a snort-wheeze, just wouldn't commit and I don't think he saw the deke

15-Nov-21
8:53am...

Watched the older deer work his way S through a little finger of timber, I think he'll come back this way eventually.

Not long after I lost sight of him a younger 8 came by. He stared at the deke but just no aggression from either, odd.

15-Nov-21
9:55am...

Finally figured it out. The bigger buck was catching scent from a doe that was further S in the timber. He passed through there once and came up empty...but he found her on the second pass.

He and the smaller buck started pushing her around and then full on chasing. She'd stop every minute or so and just blow at them?

He finally left her and then came back my direction. I grunted and he stopped, then circled all the way around me to get downwind. Was at 40yds behind me when he caught a smell he didn't like.

Stood there for a minute and then trotted off to the N. I knew there was a chance he'd do that when I grunted, but really didn't have another option. Wasn't going to shoot him, but really wanted him to come in closer. Got some pics I'll post later ...he's not an 8, 10 or better.

15-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
12:12pm...

Made it til noon, no other sightings and it's getting HOT. Back at truck contemplating a different farm for this evening, or a different stand on this farm.

Here are the two bigger bucks from thus morning.

15-Nov-21
Solid morning. You're having a great season.

15-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:01pm..

Thanks Randy & Mike, it has been...have enjoyed every minute!

I came in early to my "dogleg" stand here W of Argonia. Don't think I've hunted this one yet this season but honestly can't remember.

I immediately heard "grunts" coming from the slew area...or wait...nope a drake mallard? It was the latter but had me going for a minute.

Forgot how little I can see out of this perch until the leaves drop, note to self.

Heavy trail in front, bit of a pinch to my left. Wind is still SW and less than 10mph, was 73 horrible degrees at the truck

15-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:59pm...

Series of grunts to my SW at 4:25...not a duck. 10min later I hear footsteps approaching from straight S...

Two doe's and a fawn, nothing in tow. They came through and circled back to the S.

15-Nov-21
5:59pm...

No ducks or bucks harmed tonight. Heard what sounded like a bloodhound coming from the S at 10min til last light. Hit record, grabbed the bow, here he came...forky mcgillicutty

Got some neat video/audio of him I'll try to load up tonight. Be good!

15-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

15-Nov-21
Good to see you saw some movement today. Those teenagers can getting to feeling their oats when the testosterone kicks in. Can’t wait to see the video.

15-Nov-21
Some footage from the last week...

16-Nov-21
6:26am...

Have one more day to hunt here, then back on the road til Thanksgiving...gonna need a "slumpbuster"

Got in as early as I've been all year, I'm not good at that, been set for 15min or so here on the travel corridor NE of Argonia. Same spot I put the brief stalk on a buck last week.

Brought the HUD because in need elevation here...CRP is 4-6' in spots, and the main route they take is a bit of a ditch.

Hit a Jack Rabbit pulling off highway this morning, going to try and save it for a mount but not sure with the temps today(over 70°)...I'll post a pic later.

Wind is very light from the SSE for now, but will be gusting over 20 by noon...it's 45°

16-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

16-Nov-21
7:33am...

Spike buck passed by at first light E of me. Then right at Sunrise I hear a grunt to the SE. It's a big wide mainframe 10, might be the same buck I put a stalk on, and he's headed N along the creek to the E.

I threw out a grunt and he stopped and looked but stayed on course. Tried a bleat, snort-wheeze, and eventually rattled after a few minutes...nada.

Maybe he'll come back through like the buck yesterday morning

16-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

16-Nov-21
8:06am...

Now there's a group of upland hunters NE of me and apparently "Jake" the dog is not a good listener. Scared around 10 deer S, and they were moving! Couldn't tell if the buck was with them but I'm guessin so

16-Nov-21
So you’re telling me Jake HASN’T been a good dog???

16-Nov-21
Ha! Pretty sure my dad's last Brittany though it's name was "God dammit get back here"!

16-Nov-21
Been there, done that.

16-Nov-21
9:28am...

So, in addition to the yelling I then had the road-grader come down between where the deer ran and my set. He left and then a "blow-up" at work and I had to make and take a few calls from the stand.

Can't decide if I should just get down and pick another spot for the afternoon hunt or stick it out awhile. Leaning towards waiting, I really think they'll come back N at some point

16-Nov-21
What’s the decision Kyle?

16-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
10:55am...

Just got down James, saw no other movement unfortunately. Will try another spot this afternoon.

Here's the Jack...I tried to avoid him on the dirt road. He literally ran at the truck? Samari Jack! So I've officially killed something this Fall

16-Nov-21
You’ll have a good supper anyway.

16-Nov-21
Samari Jack! ? Was he carrying a sword? LOL I think you meant Kamikaze.

16-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:33pm...

Whoops Mark, yep yer right!

I'm back down at my Caldwell spot, but in a stand I haven't hunted for a couple years...we'll call it "Shane's stand". Shane, or Tejas, came and hunted with me one season...he said "someone will kill a giant from this stand someday"...maybe today's that day?

I'd rather have a straight W wind for this spot, but beggars can't be choosers and I'm gonna work with what I've got today.

Mostly protected from the S, so not really too windy but gusting over 20mph and 70° at the truck. Got a good feeling...

16-Nov-21
Still a lot of “some days” left…lol Good luck…always thought it was a great spot

16-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:40pm...

Doe & fawn out on the far wheat...need on to come right along this edge

16-Nov-21
When hunting this spot, why do you choose to hunt the field edge? I like reading these posts and looking at the pictures and guess how I would approach it. In this picture, it seems like the area right behind you would be a perfect funnel.

16-Nov-21
Good luck i hope tonight is the night. This moon phase will start screwing things up soon.

16-Nov-21
5:50pm...

Not this "someday", just the girls tonight.

Sam. I guess I'm always worried I'll screw up the bedding areas. I also know that the doe's will come out to the wheat, or beans. and the bucks will generally follow or at least scent check from the edge. There's also usually a scrape along the edge near me, and though I've never shot one at a scrape I think there's a chance. I have a couple of spots where I hunt in timber, or further off the edge but yea...rare for me.

16-Nov-21

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Not to Hijack a thread. Scrape and rub lines can be very productive if you can find the one they all hit.

16-Nov-21
Kyle….keep it up my friend. You’re gonna get rewarded…I can feel it!

Matt….that buck in the middle is going to be a dandy in 2-3 yrs. Keep your eye on that one!

16-Nov-21
Ya we hope every year for the up and commers but seldom do they survive the neighbors.

17-Nov-21
Awesome stuff Kyle. Just catching up and looks like you have been having an action packed season. Keep after it. The persistence will pay off.

18-Nov-21
Well well well...haven't been on here in years but I figured I could find the Sito's great adventures thread. Still sitting on my buck tag to. Fixing to go climb a tree here shortly. Good luck brutha! Aim small!

18-Nov-21

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
The Morel Maniac is still alive, thankfully!

Heading out for ducks, hoping e pond’s not frozen. Been having fun ones so far.

18-Nov-21
The Morel Maniac is still alive, thankfully!

Heading out for ducks, hoping e pond’s not frozen. Been having fun ones so far.

18-Nov-21
Lol...what's up brutha? Good luck with the ducks. Did ya tag a buck already. Seems Sito and I are always a little behind the herd. I'm plagued with drinks this year but the river gang should be showing up at the morel honey hole any time. I will be there patiently waiting. Best wishes Mike

18-Nov-21
Good stuff! Keep at it Kyle and as always, good luck!

18-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thanks guys, and welcome back LT...meant to text you last week to see how it was going, thought you might have already moved buddy. MP, I was getting the waterfowl "bug" last weekend driving back from out West...lots of birds in the McPherson/Hesston area.

I'm stuck in "Sin City" for a few more days, but I'll be chasin'm again after the Holiday.

Will be watching the other live hunts...good luck all!

24-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:23am...

Home last night just in time for the Hot Air Balloon Festival, and the "armchair Biologist" Convention. Saw a lot of freaks in Vegas, but good to be back home with ours!

Wasn't really sure which farm to hunt today, but I think the best spot for a new or traveling buck is Caldwell so here I is.

It's really windy, out of the S and gusting over 25mph, but 56° right now...cold front moving in tonight.

Lots to give thanks for this year, let me see if I can find another

24-Nov-21
6:37am...

Not shooting light yet but just had a nice 8-10 come right in to the HUD. It's wiggling a bit in the wind and it freaked him out...took off to the N.

If he'd have just been 15min later...the luck

24-Nov-21
Welcome back Kyle, been checking in and watching for your return. Good luck today!!

24-Nov-21
This time, around Thanksgiving, is the best it gets IMO!!!

24-Nov-21
8:46am...

Thanks fellas, enjoy the Holiday with your friends and family!

Had a goofy little fork pass by at first light, then a doe and fawn 100yds West about 30min ago...nothin else but the WIND

24-Nov-21
Just got back from pheasant hunting out west. I had big plans of getting in a tree this evening. Calling for 40+ mph gusts this afternoon… OOF!

24-Nov-21
Wind is starting to blow pretty hard in western Kansas right now. Done the whole treetop rodeo before and not a big fan of it anymore.

24-Nov-21
10:24am...

Yea, the wind for the win! Took it as long as I could. Hope you did better out West than we did Kyler...my brother and I are going to try some upland in SC on Friday.

I've got til mid-January to hunt now...have to pace myself lol. Gotta go smoke some meats, be good y'all

24-Nov-21
We did pretty well, and saw more birds than we did last year. Also saw more hunters than ever before.

Got a mixed bag of pheasants, quail, and prairie chickens. No complaints from me! :)

24-Nov-21
Considering the wind, I think my plans have changed to ease down into a big cedar choked draw and hunt on the ground. That’s where’d I’d be if I was a deer in this wind.

24-Nov-21
Kansan…if you got any don’t forget the backside of pond dams. If dam is oriented correctly, they could be hunkered down in the wind break that it affords them. Might even be able to sneak up on’em in that wind for a possible shot. Good Luck!

24-Nov-21
Sorry about the wind Kyle but welcome back.

24-Nov-21
Glad to see ya back in the game! Happy Thanksgiving!

24-Nov-21
Happy Thanksgiving bud hope all is well. Out at moms chasing birds and scoutn bucks. Dry as a popcorn fart.

27-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:45am...

Did ok yesterday on quail, but not until the last spot we walked in the afternoon. Saw 15 or so pheasants as well, but only one rooster and he got out early. My brother's two Brittany pups learned a lot...mainly that they'd better finds guys who shoot better to hunt with!

At one spot, early am, we saw three bucks trying to corner a doe. One was a huge 10, wide and tall. So I'm set up across the river from where we saw that action and had three good bucks run in front of the truck driving in the last mile.

Brought the HUD, hoping they're as active throughout the morning!

27-Nov-21
Nice lookin pups!

27-Nov-21
You going to get one this morning.

27-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:26am...

Close but...

Glanced to my left and this guy was working over a scrape 80yds W of me. Didn't know if he had seen the decoy so I did a soft grunt and he looked.

He hit the licking branch with his antlers and started towards the HUD. Got to about 35yds but no closer. Did the "head bob" a few times at the deke and just walked off to the S.

I had a shot, but honestly thought he'd come closer, and I needed to see more. He's just a big'ol main frame 10, real heavy and white horned, but I couldn't really tell how old he was.

Great buck, cool encounter, might have some footage, well worth the price of admission

27-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:18am...

Buck #2 this morning, saw the HUD and took off running like he'd had his butt kicked a few times this week

27-Nov-21
Some good action! Slow for me this morning.

27-Nov-21
Good to see you are seeing a few this morning. Given the chance I probably would have tagged that 1st one. But then I know your standards are higher than mine. Good luck.

27-Nov-21
9:26am...

Nothing else moving through here, but I've had a couple of coughing fits too. Ever since my second bout with Covid I get this tickling in my throat now and then and it makes me cough...and I don't like it.

Any given moment James, good luck buddy! Brian, I did grab my bow, first time this season, and had my release on the string...so it was at least a consideration ;?)

27-Nov-21
There’s a buck running around where I’m going this evening that I’ve been hoping doesn’t get in front of me or the Mrs. He’s prolly an upper 50’s 6x5 but I’m almost certain he’s young and a buck that was outstanding last year as a really young deer. He would be a tough pass though. Kudos to you for holding off when in doubt a little bit.

27-Nov-21
Kyle I have the same issue. I bought one of those “cough suppressors” works ok. Sometimes I just keep a folded wash cloth in my pocket and that helps muffle the noise some.

27-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
10:42am...

N wind picking up, gonna go cut out another cedar and then try a different spot tonight.

Here's the buck I saw yesterday morning, different than this morning

27-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:48pm...

Giving "Shane's stand" another go tonight West of Caldwell. Wheat in this spot is better than any of my others, and in a secluded little finger. Hoping the doe's have been using it.

Met one of the guys from AR this afternoon that leases most of the stuff around this spot, thought they were hunting...nope.

Wind is NNW and gusting to 20mph or so, but should die down towards dark...it's friggin 70°

27-Nov-21
Hope you have a good hunt tonight. Where did your brother end up getting his Brittany’s from? I feel bad that I haven’t taken mine out yet.

27-Nov-21

sitO's Link
He got them out of Georgia - Hilltop Brittany Kennel(link attached). Both males, the liver/white has a good nose even considering how dry it was, the orange/white is gonna take some work & experience but they're only 7mo old. Sly is the liver, and Ryan was able to send him into a small pond to retrieve one of the birds...I was impressed by that as he hadn't seen it fall.

Good luck to you as well Sam...any given moment!

27-Nov-21
Almost December and I’m sweating.

My Brittany is going into her second full season. Her nose is really good but she will not pick up a bird. We have chickens and she would get out a lot a chase them as a puppy. I think that messed her up as she will not pick up a bird. Not too interested in force fetching her.

27-Nov-21
#1 is to get them into birds, I know you know this, but that's what makes a good dog better. They pretty much all have the instinct.

27-Nov-21
Yes. Quail numbers have been better around here. I take her out for a run in the evenings and she will find a covey almost every time. Probably the same birds but I don’t think she cares.

27-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:24pm...

Had four doe's and a fawn heading out to the wheat 200yds West of me. This guy was in tow, hit the grunt tube, lightly, and he headed my way...

Couple scrapes to my left and he kinda hit one, then moved off into the timber to my S. I can still hear him moving around back there. Trying to get the HUD's scent but a big creek bank is blocking him.

Solid 8, heavy and tall

27-Nov-21
5:45pm...

Little broken off forky went out and ran the doe's a bit at last light and that's all for this day...but I get to hunt again tomorrow ;?)

27-Nov-21
Sam: I had a really good pointing lab that would do anything including dove but would not pick up a p-chiken, would find it but would not pick it up.

27-Nov-21
A $29 trail camera, in November, in Kansas...why would anyone not want to see this?

27-Nov-21
Well worth the watch.

28-Nov-21
6:38am...

Got it fairly early this morning, on the ground again...edge of cut bean field with a scrape out front.

Saw a few doe's getting chased across the road as I pulled in...couldn't see the "chaser"

Wind is light out of the NW and it's around 35°, today could be the day

28-Nov-21
Just got set up too. Good luck today.

28-Nov-21
8:16am...

Had a doe and fawn come running across the beans towards me 15min ago...nothing chasing

Only two coughing fits and a sneeze so far otherwise...guess I'll crap myself next

28-Nov-21
Good luck to both of you.

28-Nov-21
Be careful old man, the pressure from a pent-up sneeze has escape somewhere, one end or the other.

28-Nov-21
Lol!!

28-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
2:29pm...

Bailed around 9 this morning, more stalker stuff. Insane.

Set up here this afternoon near another scrape SW of Argonia. Been quite a few deer out on this wheat in the evening, hopefully the same show tonight.

Wind is SSW and light, stayed cooler today...around 55°. Hoping for a peaceful hunt.

28-Nov-21
Good luck.

28-Nov-21
Thanks Matt, hope you're able to get after'm before the "orange crush"!

28-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
My uncle always brings a bunch of cool old photos to Thanksgiving. I knew that one of my great uncles had leased the grazing rights for the Three Forks Ranch in CO, may have also had some ownership. We went up and camped/fished it a couple of times...wish it had stayed "in the family"!

Second pic is my dad and grandpa, I think they're cleaning fish but I can't really tell. The ranch hand was Hispanic, and had "Jesus" on his belt(that was his name)...took me awhile to figure that all out lol

28-Nov-21
3:54pm...

Heard crunching behind me, and running, 8-10 doe's/fawns coming from the West in a hurry. They all went right through my wind but were moving so quickly they didn't notice.

Thought for sure something would be in back chasing...nope

28-Nov-21
Bought a new Hoyt this year. Then had that 16' ladder incident. Shoulder is bad either labrum or rotator so i went with a smoke pole. Hit a good Muley a bit high in Sept. Crossed property line went in a box canyon at 8:10. Watched for it all day and it never came out. Game Warden showed up at 5:30. We both could not get ahold of landowner for permission to go look. State Wiha has no trespassing on them so you need permission. I will be back out Wednesday looking for a Muley.

28-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:23pm...

Sorry to hear that buddy, didn't know about the shoulder. Hope it heals up!

Three more doe's and a fawn popped out W of me on the wheat a few minutes ago. Kept looking back, jumpy, all ran across wheat to the S.

28-Nov-21
Waiting for updates. ??

28-Nov-21
5:47pm...

Literally covered up with deer...zero head gear. Counted 13 within 100yds at one point several of which within 30.

Gonna have to wait'm out a bit so I don't blow up the whole field.

28-Nov-21
I will never forget a guy I invited out from Colorado. Walk the roads in and I will pick you up in the truck after dark. Walked out early through the beans every evening. Needless to say deer sightings became rare after three days.

28-Nov-21
I used my favorite hill with the spotting scope a few evenings ago and saw nothing but does for miles and miles. I suspect the waning moon has something to do with it. Always see more bucks with a waxing moon.

29-Nov-21
Kyle: time to put some meat in the freezer.

29-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
We put a little there today Dave ;?)

29-Nov-21
Interesting to me, maybe not so much to you? Young buck bedded in front of this camera for 7hrs, there's a second buck towards the end that I'd like to see in person.

29-Nov-21
I really enjoyed that. Too bad they are so wired at being prey that they can't get a wink of shut eye in 7 hrs. of bedding.....atleast it didn't look like he did? Can you tell, if the tall visitor was an 8, 9 or 10?

30-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:43am...

He's a big'ol 8 Jason...first pic. I'm set up this morning about 80yds N of that camera. The second pic is the wide 10 I've seen from this stand a couple times. Hopefully one a them decides to swing by today!

There's another tall 9 with some "junk" about 10mi S of here, would like to see that "tank" in person again too. Mark and I had a cool encounter with him 2yrs ago coming to the decoy.

Wind is E right now at around 10mph, should switch to NE for the main part of the day, it's 45°.

Don't really want to have to dig out the orange...maybe today's the day

30-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:14am...

First deer of today's viewing is a shiny new 3pt...he's in both pics but hard to see in the first

30-Nov-21
8:36am...

Wow. May have jinxed myself making fun of the 3pt...nothing else moving.

I could here deer chasing in the timber just S of my stand walking in. They moved on S as I was setting up but hoped they might come back this way. Still early, who knows

30-Nov-21
Good luck and here’s hoping it happens for you.

30-Nov-21
Beautiful spot to watch the sun rise!

30-Nov-21
10:41am...

Thanks fellas, this morass not "the morning". Down and off to another spot for the evening.

30-Nov-21
Slow for me too this morning, and I was hopeful! Oh well… Good luck this evening. I’m done til Friday at the earliest.

30-Nov-21
3:19pm...

Sorry to hear that James, was hoping you'd stick a good one by now but there are reasons for everything right? Plus, you get to hunt again ;?)

I'm at my spot N of Harper tonight, was hoping the wind would stay more East as it was this morning but it's got a LOT of N in it right now. That shuts down one side of the trail coming in here, hope they choose the other.

Can seem to post pics from here, but I'm sure this thread takes long enough to load anyway. I'll start a new one for December.

Last chance "pre-war"...here goes nothin

30-Nov-21
Shoot man shoot!!!!!

30-Nov-21
Fingers crossed.

30-Nov-21
Keep at it buddy

30-Nov-21
5:47pm...

Guess what? Well I did see a deer, in fact two. Hit the grunt call, randomly at sundown...here comes a fawn on a dead run to Brandon?

She milled around and then I see something coming behind her, could it be? Nope it's momma and that was that.

If you're worried about me having fun or enjoying this "ride" you're wasting your time! I'm milking every minute out of this season...par for the course

30-Nov-21
That’s what I like about you the most. You keep us entertained through the whole season, and have fun doing it.

30-Nov-21
^^^ What he said!

30-Nov-21
I hear you Kyle, I can’t hardly imagine not deer hunting on Christmas. Lol

30-Nov-21
Double post

30-Nov-21
Footage from the last few days, nothing special...last clip is from tonight

• Sitka Gear