Bowbender 19-Nov-21
horsethief51 20-Nov-21
horsethief51 20-Nov-21
Red Beastmaster 21-Nov-21
Huntinggal2009 28-Nov-21
Phil Magistro 28-Nov-21
horsethief51 29-Nov-21
12-Nov-21
Last week, including a Sunday. Hope the weather is better than last year. Keep at it folks. Shoot straight and good luck!

12-Nov-21
Good luck to everyone this weekend.

13-Nov-21
It's perfect rut weather, rain, sleet, snow and yet the woods seem idle except for one gobbler. I believe he is hoarse now.

13-Nov-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I saw about 8 to 10 turkey, 3 doe. Checked one camera i passes walking in, had a few small bucks, doe and this medium size buck.. Raining pretty steady since about 830. Going to come back this afternoon.

13-Nov-21
We waited until the rain stopped and changed to snow before heading out at 8. Dan saw a six point and that was it here at the farm in the morning. In the afternoon, Rut saw a couple in the hollow below the barn and I saw 3 does from a blind. Supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon.

14-Nov-21
Three of us were out in the dark. One of us saw a doe. I sat on a ridge where it sounded windy in the tree tops but not in my stand. Didn't really get cold. Saw a couple snow flakes and no deer moving. It is snowing at lunch time here, but we are going back out about 2 or so. Reviewed a couple SD cards and saw a couple small legal bucks and more that were not, but pretty nice anyway. Can't git a deer today watching the Stillers or the Iggles. LOL

14-Nov-21
Been a strange and poor rut activity this year. Talked to a guide service up north and that's what he said been a poor rut. With very little rut activity and when there was it was short lived...

14-Nov-21
Why in the woods, I don't think I saw a buck chasing or even heard one. Last year I saw over all more rut activity. Maybe its time to hang up the bow and take up golf, no thats to boring.. Paint, yes paint I'll take up watcting paint dry. :)

14-Nov-21
Teeton yea I love bowhunting to much too, never give it up till I can't do it anymore.. just been a strange year, maby this week get a buck on there feet searching for a hot doe..

14-Nov-21
2016 season was the last year I saw the most heavy chasing ever.

14-Nov-21
Three bucks were hanging together grazing on grass 200yd from my house this morning. Doesnt sound like standard rut activity.

Unfortunately, I was still in bed.

14-Nov-21
Nate, Rut and I went out in the snow this afternoon. Nate in a tree, Rut and I in blinds. Man did ever snow here. Nate saw 6 does in Dan's stand. Rut saw a half rack near the swamp. I saw 3 does at the end of the ridge. I tripped and fell on my left knee on the way out and jammed my left shoulder. Can't hardly hold a bow up. Ouch.

15-Nov-21
I'm fortunate to live in 5C so our season will continue right up to the start of rifle season... That being said, I agree with others that this season has been a real head-scratcher. I've never seen a year with so little rut activity like this year. I've only seen one buck following a doe. The few bucks that I have seen recently have just been leisurely cruising. It's almost like the rut hasn't started yet. Perhaps the strangest thing is the absence of does. They aren't showing up on my trail cameras anymore (I do have bucks on my cams though, but most are in the early morning hours). I would love to hear the theories on what is going on from the biologists. I fear that 2021 will go down in history as the year without a rut.

15-Nov-21
just got back from 10 days bowhunting in Elk county. 5 of us bowhunting, it was extremely tough and slow, very few deer. I saw one legal small 3 pt and no does in 8 days in the treestand. Last 3 years have been about the same except I had no bucks on trailcams this year set up where I've had 4 or 5 the last 3 years. That concurrent doe season this year is going to be brutal.

15-Nov-21
I saw 2 bucks running across roads tonight at 4 30.. and just think what's Goin to happen after this rifle season with the does.. 2 weeks of if it's brown it's down..

15-Nov-21
Nothing in the food plot blind this evening. Still spitting snow at 4 PM.

16-Nov-21
We get 3 weeks of its brown its down in ny…and now 6 weeks if you count the new, longer muzzy season ugh! Welcome to the new mgmt paradigm

16-Nov-21
Good weather in W. PA. for hunting today.

16-Nov-21
Gonna give it a last hurrah after work today.

16-Nov-21
Nice morning down in the big hollow where a killed bucks 2 years in a row, but nothing moving. Sun didn't hit me until 9. Went further down the hollow and up on a bench for my PM hunt. About 15 minutes before dark a huge doe and her 2 fawns walked in on my left and stopped under 10 yards to assess the trail leading up over the point. Wind was perfect. 10 minutes later a fourth deer showed up and stopped about 35 yards out. Big mamma looked back at it and finally left with the fawns up the trail in front of me. The fourth one never came over tho. Don't know if it had head gear or not. Bright moon this evening, I think there is an eclipse coming soon (Friday).

16-Nov-21
My buddy and I switched spots this evening. I watched a BIG buck walk up the hill toward him. It came in behind him quietly and was at 6yd before he could get ready. A few more steps and it caught his wind and was gone. I think I want my stand back. :)

He's using Grandpa's old Kodiak Magnum recurve and really wants to take a deer with it. So close.

17-Nov-21
Seems like the Rut activity slowed a bit last week, although bucks were still on their feet. I think out of 8 sits I only got skunked once(no deer). I passed on a button buck and had small bucks come in. Art, Dan, Chise and Ed saw shooter bucks but they eluded me this year. Still had a lot of fun hunting with the guys and saw a lot of Rut activity the last week of Oct. Probably should have taken off the first week of November, but I wanted to try to split up trips out to Western PA and take advantage of the Veterans Day holiday and the Sunday hunting opportunity.

I got really humbled this archery season. No shots even at does........................................last time that happened was in 1998 when my son was an infant.(EDIT- actually, I did pass on a doe, come to think of it- thought a buck was following her) Gonna try to get out in 5C on Black Friday which is my last chance at an archery deer before late season. Otherwise I will have to pick up the bang stick.

But I had about as much fun this season as you could have withOUT killing a deer! ;-)

17-Nov-21

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo
The deer were moving this morning. On the drive in this morning almost plastered a big doe ABS brakes saved her life. Jumped in a stand and shot this buck at first light. First legal buck I've had in range. I'm very happy with him.

17-Nov-21
Good buck 4406v..

17-Nov-21

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Kathy went out in the blind with me for the first time this year and I was hoping some of her luck would rub off just one more time. She has some eye issues and decided not to hunt this year. It was cold and damp but we were cozy, and no deer. This evening was a completely different day and I did manage to see a small buck heading for Rut's stand about 4:30.

18-Nov-21
Congrats 4406v!

Glad to see Kathy made it out with you Art! That figures............................I seemed to be a small/button buck magnet this year! ;-)

18-Nov-21

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Shot this buck Tuesday. Seeing a lot more bucks back on their feet this week.

18-Nov-21
Congratulations to the successful hunters!

18-Nov-21
Congrats Dennis, that's a nice one!

18-Nov-21
Congrats Dennis. Was this your target buck or did you “settle for” this one? LOL

18-Nov-21
Way to go Dennis. Saw one doe this evening. Can't hunt tomorrow morning. My last chance will be the evening, unless someone invites me to 2-b Monday.

18-Nov-21
Nice, Dennis!! Congrats!!

Gonna give it one more last, last hurrah after work tomorrow. Saw a lot of deer moving on the way home from work today.

18-Nov-21
Nice looking buck there Mr. Razza congratulations

18-Nov-21
Ryan, I settled! Lol. I was after a big heavy 10 but told myself I’d shoot this one if given the opportunity. He’s at least 4.5 maybe 5.5 so I'm happy.

Best of luck tomorrow guys!!

18-Nov-21

19-Nov-21
Was it ever windy last night. Hope my blinds are still standing.

19-Nov-21
I would “settle” for that one too Dennis-CONGRATS! : )

19-Nov-21
Not sure if the one I see this afternoon has to be that big.

19-Nov-21
Last sit of the regular archery season. About 2 hours. Overcast, 43 degrees, NW winds, about perfect. Wish me luck, guys. And GL to all who are down to the wire.

20-Nov-21
3 does was it for me.

20-Nov-21
And I spent much of today doing things to get ready for the next weapon season, since I already got a bear in the last weapon(s) season. :^)

21-Nov-21
The boys and I have been harassed and given the raspberries by gray squirrels throughout the deer season. Saturday we got some payback! Four of us armed with recurves, longbows, and 60+ flu flus brought the boom to the little buggers in our woodlot. We had three or four squirrels going, jumping from tree to tree. We about died laughing as we employed the "Target Saturation" method of squirrel hunting! Our back quivers were empty so we picked up arrows along the way and fired them skyward. It was a shooting frenzy for over half an hour! What a blast!

No squirrels were harmed in the making of this story.

28-Nov-21
It's nice to see all of you still on the Bowsite!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

28-Nov-21
Same to you Jen!

29-Nov-21
Hi Jen. I believe I watched an otter in our pond this afternoon. We have otters a couple places in two rivers around here but never heard of one in a pond.

• Sitka Gear