Quailhunter 14-Nov-21
NCK 14-Nov-21
NCK 14-Nov-21
Westksbowhunter 14-Nov-21
Dale06 14-Nov-21
Quailhunter 14-Nov-21
KB 28-Nov-21
13-Nov-21
Hunted grounds in Ness and Pawnee Co. 11.7 miles we only flushed 2 Roosters and 2 hens. I shot one of the Roosters. We have pulled limits off these same fields for 30 years. Great cover food and water. Seen one forky Wt. Worst opener on memory were the wise words of an 84 year old rancher.

13-Nov-21
Not much better where we were Matt. Hunted from Herndon to the NE border, 10 different fields, started at sunrise. Cut corn, standing corn, wheat stubble, all with thick heavy draws. Saw a total of 10 pheasants, 7 of which were roosters and we only took two of those. Saw two coveys of quail and took five. Dry...seriously dry out there, and just not many birds to speak of.

13-Nov-21
How many rattle snakes seen? More than pheasants? :)

13-Nov-21
Saw a handful and killed a few in Edwards Co. Down from last few years it seemed. Pheasants that is…

13-Nov-21
It's sad. I no longer go west in pursuit of pheasants. I usually get at least one every year in Butler County though.

14-Nov-21
Amazing how different the land looks than it did in the mid 2000s. They’ll never be back like they were if things don’t change in a big way.

14-Nov-21
In the next 3-5 years I’m hoping to make some major improvements in relation to wildlife to our farming practices. It’s going to be an expensive experiment, but I’m committed. Sounds like your issues may be weather related though?

No pheasants our way (for several decades), but we still have quail, so that’s my focus. Although I enjoy the work, I’m convinced all my habitat over the years for whitetails was basically pointless.

My trail cameras are picking up some good flocks of Turkey hens... something I haven’t seen for a few years.

Have you seen quite a few jack rabbits? I love those things, I haven’t seen one since I went pheasant hunting with my grandpa when I was about 15

14-Nov-21
I've seen two Jack's this Fall Ray, one N of Argonia and one S of Attica...none out West for me this year.

14-Nov-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Same # of pheasants today, hunted down around Russell Springs/Leoti...no quail.

Curious if you hunted Jeff, and how you did? We were all WIHA yesterday, all private today.

My nephews did each kill a bottle

14-Nov-21
Just got back from SW Kansas. Four of us killed 5 roosters yesterday and 4 today. Done hunting mid afternoon both days due to temps. We hunt private with some walk-in mixed in. Didn't see many, one here and one there, it's sad. The quail population had been pretty good the past few years but we did not see a quail in two days. Spoke to the game warden today and she checked 90 hunters on Saturday and only seen 10 pheasants shot. Seen one jack and one coyote and a handful of small mule deer. Always nice to get out behind the bird dogs but man, it's pretty depressing thinking what used to be and what it is now. While out West chasing pheasants my father in-law in SE Kansas called and said he was checking cows and jumped a really nice buck with a doe right in front of my ladder stand I hung a month ago, lol go figure!

14-Nov-21

Quailhunter's embedded Photo
Quailhunter's embedded Photo
We moved East and did pretty well this morning. Tougher than in the past but we had some luck.

14-Nov-21

NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
Havent made it out here yet but did make it to Montana in Oct with decent results. Look to get out here this coming weekend.

14-Nov-21

NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo

14-Nov-21
Hunted by myself this weekend. 3 shells and 3 birds. Dog got birdy and pointed, then dove in. I thought he had a cripple. Walked over and looked down and he had a skunk. Got him in the face. Got on my clothes. Ruined my day.

14-Nov-21
Eight of us and two good labs hunted several properties in Ness county. It was dismal. We gave up at noon, and had one rooster and one quail. We saw 3-4 other roosters out of range. Prior to the summer of 2012 that was extremely hot and dry, we easily shot limits on these same properties.

14-Nov-21
It is gone forever if the habitat doesn’t come back.m watching old home movies from late 90s early 2000s… landscape is wayyyy different. Hunted ness and rush in 1997. Couldn’t tell you the number of coveys and roosters flushed with no dog.

28-Nov-21

KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
Spent the weekend at the family place in the NCK. Got into a few coveys with the new pup. Roosters have been few and far between for a decade around there. Finally managed to get one up at my feet and choked big time. Wanted one bad for her. Wish I had more time and birds. She seems to be a natural.

• Sitka Gear