Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Big D 15-Nov-21
BBB 15-Nov-21
Big D 15-Nov-21
Tall 1 15-Nov-21
Brendan412 15-Nov-21
15-Nov-21
So through a little research I found a place called Filipek's in Meriden. I met the owner and we chatted for a while. I bought some smoked kielbasa and some fresh, OMG it's amazing. The fresh was the best I ever had and the smoked was very good. I also bought some kabanosey stick that were very good as well. They were more dried than Adolph's and reminded me a little of peperoni. He has been doing venison kielbasa for a very long time and if it's anything like what I tasted then my journey is complete. He gets $5.50 a pound to make it and mixes it 50/50 with pork butt. He also claims that he normally turns it around in one day.

15-Nov-21
Big D - thanks for that info. Now please provide directions to a nice fat deer and my journey is complete :>)

15-Nov-21
Bob that's because you set your sights too high, I like to take the pressure off first then go after the big boy

15-Nov-21
I’ve had Fillipek’s dried kielbasa and their regular Kielbasa is also excellent. I did not know that they took in venison. Thanks for the tip. I miss Joe and Adolf’s.

15-Nov-21
Big D. You are absolutely correct about the kielbasa. I frequented that place while living in Meriden during my law school days. At first the place doesn’t look like much, but I have to say once you walk in all the facade BS goes completely out the window. Super nice owners. Had no clue about the venison sausage; thanks for the info on that.

• Sitka Gear