N8tureBoy 07-Sep-22
CTBobcat 08-Sep-22
Wanttohunt247 08-Sep-22
CTBobcat 09-Sep-22
Wanttohunt247 12-Sep-22
BBB 12-Sep-22
extreme 13-Sep-22
16-Nov-21
Does anyone have any suggestions for a butcher in the Northwest part of the state? Seems like there's no one real close to Torrington, any help would be appreciated, thank you

16-Nov-21
Ray Gaudette in Barkhamsted. Not cheap but he does a great job.

16-Nov-21
Litchfield Locker (downtown Litchfield) Had issues years ago but it's all things of the past Great people and quality packaging.

16-Nov-21
jerry,any contact info for RAY in barkhamsted? thanks

16-Nov-21
Try this number 860-379-7962. 75 Taylor Road Barkhamsted Pretty sure that is all correct. I saw him today and he told me he was headed home to butcher. Be careful if he offers you hard cider. It is really good but has some punch to it.

16-Nov-21
I'm sure the names mentioned are good, but a butcher in the NW corner won't make much money! Sorry, I had too. Extreme, I hope you got one and that's why you're asking.

17-Nov-21
The Litchfield locker website says they're not excepting any deer for processing because they are too busy. I may give them a call anyway. Also I am going to call Ray, thanks for the help guys.

14-Jul-22
Checking in here. Any butchers in the Danbury/Ridgefield/Newtown/New Milford areas?

21-Jul-22
Anybody? Less than 2 months away

21-Jul-22
Got a new one in Cornwall, I don't consider those towns NW corner?

22-Jul-22
who's the new one in cornwall? can't seem to find one since the locker say's they are very limited in taking whole deer

22-Jul-22
He's on Music Mountain Road, thought it was Cornwall? I dropped off a Deer in Mid November and it was a messy place but the package and cut was excellent!

Al Jacquemin 169 Music Mountain Road Falls Village, CT (860) 824-1330

22-Jul-22
thanks, that's only 2 or 3 miles from where i hunt.never knew somebody was that close

22-Jul-22
Richard, he's set back way off the road. Has a walk in cooler for early season Deer. Just call in advance, just don't show up

If anyone wants access to State Land that's a ways in, his land abuts Housatonic.

22-Jul-22

nehunter's Link
169 Music Mountain Rd https://maps.app.goo.gl/JTRuxDCm2AEkaXGs6

25-Jul-22
thanks nehunter! i hunt a small peice of state land also that borders the private land i hunt off undermountain rd just down the road from him. early season is when i really need someone with a cooler. thanks again and good luck this fall

25-Jul-22
extreme, my buddy hunts 390 private acres on Under Mtn Rd too. You off the Canaan Mtn Rd State Land?

27-Jul-22
nehunter,i'm hunting the property at the bottom of the mountain, the state land borders it at the top, very steep used to be alot of deer but not as many anymore. i see alot of predators all the time and usually get early a early season bowkill. tough property to hunt and i just turned 67 so not as easy as it used to be.

27-Jul-22
extreme - the state land at the top is bordered by Great Mtn Forest property as well as Housatonic. Both areas held LOTS of deer years ago, but today it's very different. The area was also a prime turkey hunting area. The DEP put the original 22 turkeys in this area and there were flocks that were huge, 50-60 birds. I thought Rustling Winds riding stable was raising turkeys there were so many in their pen.

28-Jul-22
bbb used to be alot of deer like you said 25 years ago. many times i count 15 to 20 grazing out in the feilds. now there are nowhere near as many due to predators but it is still a great place to spend time hunting. lots of wildlife in the area. across the street the property abutts the hollembeck property and ihave never seen anyone in the woods. i am very fortunate to have a place like that but don't no how long it will last as the owners are pretty old now

28-Jul-22
So any butchers in Fairfield county or New Milford?

28-Jul-22
extreme - I've seen guys hunting the west side of rt63 just before taking under mtn road and also just down from where rt43 runs into rt63 on the east side of rt63. I used to hunt Bradford Mtn area of Housatonic by Wangum Lake, one hell of a hike, but boy where there some big bucks in there. I told one of my friends about the area, he came with me once, got off arrows at 3 different bucks that were trailing a hot doe, but he said it was too far to walk. Now it's closed to hunting, state said they wanted the deer to rebound in that area and I couldn't agree more.

10-Aug-22
I called Large Game in Oxford today. Woman said they are cutting way back, no pun intended. Have to call day of to see if they can accomdate. If not them, who else in western CT?

05-Sep-22
I hunted that music mtn road area for a couple years, steep and tough hunting but I took a couple out of there and had some encounters with a couple of corkers that didn’t realize how close they were to meeting their maker. Had no idea that processor was there

06-Sep-22
"corkers"?

06-Sep-22
Slobberknockers

06-Sep-22
9 more days!

06-Sep-22
Fess....corkers, a great choice of words !

07-Sep-22
"Fargin' Cork-soakers..."

08-Sep-22
I guess Oxford is the closest butcher this season?

08-Sep-22

Wanttohunt247's Link
We're here at New England Wild Game. We are located in Beacon Falls right off Route 8.

Just call before coming in on September 15th. Matthew Chase 1-203-558-9548

09-Sep-22
Great, thank you Matt. I will hopefully be in touch.

12-Sep-22
Sorry, New England Wild Game is at 1-203-558-9569

12-Sep-22
Wasn't the NW butcher captured by police back in 1989 in a cave in Thomaston? Sorry, I'm confused :>)

13-Sep-22
hey Matt, good talking to you yesterday and thanks for all the info. hope to see you soon!

• Sitka Gear