Safety Harness
Illinois
Contributors to this thread:
awh302 19-Nov-21
LBshooter 17-Aug-22
bowhunter55 26-Aug-22
petedrummond 28-Aug-22
19-Nov-21
Just a friendly reminder to wear a harness while hunting. Years ago I didn’t because I was young and stupid. I was hunting Thursday before gun season in my hang on stand with no problems. Then Friday of gun season I was in the stand for 5 hours when the material in the ratchet straps broke.

I fell a few feet but my safety harness saved me from falling to the ground. I’ll take a sore shoulder and knee compared to the alternative. Stay safe!

17-Aug-22
I'll add my story of 2102 and condense it down so it's short and to the point. My hunt buddy and I argued about safety belts/harnesses all the time, everytime we went out. One weekend he went out by himself, and Friday morning fell out of his stand, 2012 was his last season and he's no longer with us. Check your ego at the base of the tree guys and wear a harness , it will save your life.

26-Aug-22
I always wear my harness and all my hang on stands have life lines on them. My wife also won't go up in a stand without hers on, whether it's a ladder or hang on.

28-Aug-22
I personally have had multiple clients and friends who fell. You do not get two chances. Far too big for a climber. Bulletproof people are my clients.

• Sitka Gear