horsethief51 25-Nov-21
Bowhunting 5C 25-Nov-21
Bowhunter 25-Nov-21
Bowhunting 5C 25-Nov-21
horsethief51 25-Nov-21
Bowhunting 5C 26-Nov-21
Bowhunting 5C 28-Nov-21
20-Nov-21
I know somebody on here mentioned hunting in the special regs area for, what, the rest of the week until firearms comes in? And we used to bowhunt during rifle season in Montgomery and Chester County before I moved up here. Then, we would keep hunting there except for our trip up here for the three day rifle doe season. Got my highest scoring PA buck near Phoenixville about 20 or so years ago. Some of my buddies took some great bucks down there after Christmas too.

Wish I had a spot in Allegheny County. Good luck to those who are still bowhunting.

20-Nov-21
2b is a big area, parts of beaver county is 2b to horsethief...

20-Nov-21
I did hunt some public land a few years ago during this period once near Cranberry Twp. and lucked into a nice buck almost accidentally, but never went back.

20-Nov-21
What are the qualifications for an area to be determined “special reg. area”?

21-Nov-21
Too many people (dense population), too many buildings, too many roads, too many deer, too little woods. This is my own generalization. If you look at a map, it's suburban Philly and suburban Pittsburgh. Short range weapons only (although straight cased cartridges are now legal). Works great for areas that don't have woodlots big enough to allow guns near safety zones because of the 50 yard limit (bows only).

21-Nov-21
Can you guys still hunt deer with your bows there today?

21-Nov-21
Thanks Art

21-Nov-21
Archery season runs till Nov. 26 in WMUs 2B, 5C, and 5D.

21-Nov-21
I moved to Montgomery County in 1975 and back then it was 20 gauge or larger buck shot only, no slugs. Auto loading shotguns were in too.

21-Nov-21
I have a sister that lives in Irwin. Got to check the regs. Might be able to do some archery hunting, there, after my home area’s season goes out.

21-Nov-21
2b was open to hunt today too..

22-Nov-21
I was bowhunting in 5D yesterday (Sunday).

22-Nov-21
I live and hunt in 2B and ,as mentioned above, can bow hunt until the 26th. I was bowhunting yesterday morning behind the house and saw 8 doe, no bucks. It's been a limited season for me dealing with nerve issues in my arm that have finally just settled and work got really busy just as the rut was kicking off. I'll be sitting with my son on Saturday for the rifle opener in hopes of seeing him be successful again this year.

My good friend and neighbor Frank killed a real bruiser of a 10 point on Saturday morning in 2B with his recurve.

22-Nov-21
Bowhunted 5D and 5C Sunday.. Almost closed the deal on a good one last night.

24-Nov-21
Thanksgiving day, favorite bowhunting day of the year... can't wait. Westerly winds, cold yup... and the guns are silent for now.

25-Nov-21
Keep at it.

25-Nov-21
The bucks are still a chasing in some areas. My neighbor said three were chasing a doe around our 2B neighborhood yesterday while he was raking leaves. Two of them had some serious antlers on top he said. Good luck to those still out. I am saving my 2B antleress tag for late season. Passed up quite a few does there earlier. It just didn't feel right at the time. I really enjoy trying to fill a doe tag after Christmas.

25-Nov-21
Good luck folks. Already heard of a Turkey Day doe being shot................

This is the only time of year I wish I lived in 5C! ;-)

25-Nov-21
Well, been in since noon ish. See what happens. Enjoy the day everyone.

25-Nov-21
Heading over to a cousin's house pretty soon. Ready for the weekend. Happy turkey day!

25-Nov-21

Bowhunting 5C's embedded Photo
Bowhunting 5C's embedded Photo
Shot a big fatty tonight.. seen 8 and took the biggest... not out of the woods yet..

25-Nov-21
Congrats on the Thanksgiving doe 5c..

25-Nov-21
Thanks, shot was a little forward, but she didn't go 75 yards. Still, one of my favorite days to hunt on the season.

25-Nov-21
Nice.

26-Nov-21
Back in 5D tonight, winds are howling, and the trees are moving, hopefully the deer are.. last day till the thunder sticks start.

28-Nov-21
I can tell you this, the Germantown side of evansburgh was quiet until 430, then I think the boys had a bunch on the rub cause the volleys were fast and many, or maybe running shits? Drove by at dark, no vehicles left to see. Hunted 5C tonight, and didn't see a deer in the woods, seen a mink which was pretty cool, he was working over some rocks at the creek trying for crayfish I think, still awesome.

• Sitka Gear