Franzen 30-Jan-22
Zim 14-Feb-22
Zim 02-May-22
deerhunter72 05-May-22
23-Nov-21

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I’ve taken a couple that I had weighed on scale at 235#. This guy was heavier.
Zim's embedded Photo
I’ve taken a couple that I had weighed on scale at 235#. This guy was heavier.
Finished my deer season early this year. It was the best of my life, and followed my lost 2020 season due to severe case of Covid. I was genuinely on cloud nine every day, just to be out there enjoying life, and the outdoors. Took a doe Nov. 2nd, then this first buck Nov. 3rd. He should score about 140”. His rack doesn't look it in this photo, but reason is because his body size was ginormous I bet field dressed 230# if not 240#.

23-Nov-21

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Then topped off the season Nov. 16th with this guy, who I have no idea how to guestimate, as he is nontypical and I've never shot anything even close to. I'm just a regular public land guy who typically doesn't even see, much less kill stuff like this. Lol. My taxidermist green scored him at 205” but did not to trust his tape as he was not positive how to score all the junk.

23-Nov-21

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I never had this problem of spending my tags so early before. I drove to St. Louis to work this week and get some travel expenses paid for. And have been driving by nearby public hunting lots afterwards to chat & check out some guy’s deer. The only other thing I can think of is to hang out at Waffle House.

24-Nov-21
Holy cow! That nontypical is a giant! Congratulations on a great season Zim!!

25-Nov-21
Top photo would win for most deceiving ever if that deer weighed 300 lbs. That non-typ is a beast. I would guess it to be around 200". I've been surprised before, so it could go a little higher. Nice one for sure.

25-Nov-21
Yep photos can be very deceptive. No long armin and no reference objects in my photos but zero chance the top buck field dressed any less than 230#. Zero. Two of us had to try 3 times just to get it on the cart. Pulled big chunks of fat out of cavity. Go figure.

26-Nov-21
Nice bucks Zim.

16-Jan-22

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Had my November 16th buck officially scored yesterday after 60 day drying period. He made both Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett at 185 5/8” nontypical.

27-Jan-22
Congratulations again! Deer of a lifetime there and I know you're proud. What was the gross?

29-Jan-22
I think since it's entered as nontypical, there is only one score. There are no deductions.

29-Jan-22
I see. You had a great season!

30-Jan-22
There are indeed still frame deductions on a non-typical before coming up with the net score. From photos it is hard to say how the scorer established the frame... 10 pt., 11 pt., 12 pt., etc.

14-Feb-22
That's interesting. Wasn't aware of that. Will have to wait and check scoresheet when they mail my copy.

02-May-22

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Finally got scoresheet back. His gross score is actually 195 2/8” P&Y. The 185 5/8” was net. I wasn’t even aware nontypicals had both net & gross scores. Not bad for public land. I don’t expect to ever top this one.

05-May-22
Interesting. I've never had one officially scored. That one will be hard to beat!

• Sitka Gear