Contributors to this thread:
vilascounty 23-Nov-21
Novembermadman 23-Nov-21
xtroutx 23-Nov-21
CaptMike 23-Nov-21
MjF 24-Nov-21
Naturelives 24-Nov-21
23-Nov-21
Wondering what people's opinions are on when the deer start to chill out again after firearm season on relatively heavily pressured public land? The bait piles should be drying up in the next couple weeks and should hopefully be a chance for some good snow bow hunting, but for now I can't seem to even lay my eyes on a daytime buck.

I'm still seeing does. Not sure if the bucks are behaving differently, they are all dead, or it's all in my head! Probably all in my head.

23-Nov-21
I think there are a few factors that could play into that Vilas. The biggest I would say is weather. We get hammered with a bunch of snow I think the deer will be back to "normal" fairly quickly. Another factor is the muzzy season. If a bunch of guys are trampling around after the gun season that certainly won't help. I give you big woods guys a lot of credit for being so persistent.

23-Nov-21
By me it seems like that does not happen. The deer remain very nocturnal. Just my observation.

23-Nov-21
I only start seeing some “regular” buck movement late in December and only if we have very cold weather. This gets the deer moving during daylight hours to feed and allows them to conserve energy by not moving during the frigid nights.

24-Nov-21
Over the years I noticed a pattern of daytime pictures and it has always been the Wednesday after the rifle season or the 3rd day of the ML season.

24-Nov-21
I would say they're never normal again especially in areas with the holiday antlerless hunt. I see more movement in late December with cold temps but deer here are way more spooky late season

• Sitka Gear